Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
The OGs said their seasons were SO MUCH MORE fun. They wernt allowed to talk about nominations, soit was all about just having a good time.Estelle said so many times in the house how you could just FEEL the public outside of dreamworld, the energy they gave. Said it was completely different to what we have now.

This brings me to my question/s. In the house did the OGs talk often about their seasons and the original big brother? As well as the major differences between the two formats? And did any of the newbies just genuinely have no idea so some of those legends were?

Also as a fellow survivor fan I must know, what’s your fave season and or player/s?

Agreed.. It did does seem like a PR campaign to gain back support.
Whether the episode edit was slanted against him or not, as he seems to claim.. He did set up Tully and his lies and deception ( the soft drink call lout was a low move ) kind of lost my high regard for him.
I'm a little biased because of my long time like and support of Tully, so "if" my assessment of Taras is misplaced I'm happy to change my opinion in the future.

Nice to see Tully post here this morning.. again she is a class act..
I mean yeah its a PR campaign. But does that mean what Im saying isnt true? Im happy to answer any questions though, you just let me know

This brings me to my question/s. In the house did the OGs talk often about their seasons and the original big brother? As well as the major differences between the two formats? And did any of the newbies just genuinely have no idea so some of those legends were?

Also as a fellow survivor fan I must know, what’s your fave season and or player/s?
No the OGs talked constantly about their seasons. And for everyone,I know you may not like it, but Johnson does love big brother haha. Hes watched every episode and knows everyone and blah blah blah.

Fav season of. course i s 40! Fav player is SarahLacina.I fuckenLOVED the last season of survivor though wow. Sorry my keyboard is fucked

The OGs said their seasons were SO MUCH MORE fun. They wernt allowed to talk about nominations, soit was all about just having a good time.Estelle said so many times in the house how you could just FEEL the public outside of dreamworld, the energy they gave. Said it was completely different to what we have now.
Wow, yeah you just reminded me of the pre-warm up to the OG eviction nights. I remember seeing the videos released on the Big Brother website (and some of the live streaming in the 10 days), and you could see them go out in the yard and listen to the crowd over the walls and see them try to get a feel of what was going on.

It was kinda exciting, but also a but 'ugh', as you were wondering who is the house going to lose tonight, and will you be sadder or happier about it. Of course different feeling for those actually in the house though, and about to possibly be kicked out! Kinda sad you and other newbs miss out on that and the live crosses when you know for a fact that you're on TV, when they crossed to the Dreamworld auditorium for the chat to Sonia/Gretel. Though in the real early days Gretel had to tell the crowd to shush in the live programs as they didn't want the housemates to know there was a crowd or get any messages. Can't really recall if Sonia did that or it was just a Gretel thing.

Last edited:
Wow, yeah you just reminded me of the pre-warm up to the OG eviction nights. I remember seeing the videos released on the Big Brother website (and some of the live streaming in the 10 days), and you could see them go out in the yard and listen to the crowd over the walls and see them try to get a feel of what was going on.

It was kinda exciting, but also a but 'ugh', as you were wondering who is the house going to lose tonight, and will you be sadder or happier about it. Of course different feeling for those actually in the house though, and about to possibly be kicked out! Kinda sad you and other newbs miss out on that and the live crosses when you know for a fact that you're on

omggg it was a gretel thing i remember that!!
She reminded me of a school teacher trying to settle her rowdy students. 😂

So Taras sent me a voice note on insta. There’s more to the HOH story he can’t disclose at the moment. Not meant to talk about things that aren’t in the edit yet. His words “tonight’s edit was ruthless”
He responded in the eviction room poorly. If he had a valid reason to reneg on his 'promise' with Tully not to nominate her, then he should have used that forum to be very specific and disclose this is why I changed my mind and decided to nom Tully.
His comments of preferring not to say her name & suggesting she (& we) read between the lines was a bad decision, it came across very badly.
He should have taken a page from Tim's book, so to speak, and stood up - owned what he did & then precisely explained why he changed his vote.

I think this is where Tim succeeds so well, he can own nasty behaviour or malicious comments etc by explaining why he did what he did - but delivers his explanation in a funny, cheeky way, thus almost ensuring it gets into the edit...

At the end of the day you want to make big moves and even some awkward or nasty ones, but if you own them and explain why, you're well on your way to obtaining the respect of HM's &/or the public..

Rookie move in what he did & how he chose to hide from it... It gave Tully a good opportunity to exploit his weakness and alert others to his poor choice. However, I've always felt that by the time you get to the eviction nomination most people have already made up their mind how they are going to vote - she really needed to capitalise on his vote flipping during her scramble in order to change peoples minds...

I'm not mad... just disappointed. 😂
No look, it hurt. I think had it left his decision up in the air (after our chat in the tree house) then I wouldn't have minded so much.
But the fact that he took the time to find me right before we went into eviction lockdown, grab me by the face, look into my eyes and say "I've got you"... whilst accepting my sincerest thanks... that was a bit much.
It felt unnecessarily cruel.
But then also, are we surprised? I'll just add it to the list of lies I guess! 😂
That's pretty shitty in all honestly.
What's the vibe between you and Drew now?

I'm not mad... just disappointed. 😂
No look, it hurt. I think had it left his decision up in the air (after our chat in the tree house) then I wouldn't have minded so much.
But the fact that he took the time to find me right before we went into eviction lockdown, grab me by the face, look into my eyes and say "I've got you"... whilst accepting my sincerest thanks... that was a bit much.
It felt unnecessarily cruel.
But then also, are we surprised? I'll just add it to the list of lies I guess! 😂
Things like this are so disappointing. Like you think if there was someone you could somewhat trust it would be Drew considering your history, and whilst you're not together anymore, you are supposed to be friends I thought (you even invited him on one of your podcasts) and stayed in touch over the years, and as you commented when you got into the house he didn't send you a birthday message, as he technically couldn't due to already being in the Big Brother house. So there was a pre existing sense of faith to be able to put in with him.

Like some say it's just a game, but I don't think it's as simple like a board game or video game or cards, or whatever. These are people you are living with day by day, etc and so there's some I think you should really be able to have a strong trust with. Then on top of that you couldn't have it with Tim either! I really felt that you thought you would be able to rely on Tim and Drew in there because of your history and how you chose to invite them to the upstairs room at the start as you trusted them to tell you what had been going on.

So yeah... real bummer that the two you most you had a longest relationship with you couldn't really trust in the end. I guess at least you had Estelle, and Trevor out of the OGs, and maybe Layla (we didn't really get a feel for Layla so not too sure of you with her there). There's also Reggie but with her vote at the end it's hard to fully decipher, and Dave was a bit confusing with the confrontation you had with him and Tim about voting you. I am also wondering if your relationship with both Tim and Drew is now better or worse since you did the 7 format of the show. Like before this I feel like you probably had trust in them, but since they messed you up a bit here, it's hard to think where you stand with them now.

Anyway, thanks for coming back and posting here, and would love to continue to hear anything you able to continue to share and contribute!

Last edited:
Ill be around after the show finishes to answer questions definitely. They wont care about those NDAs then I reckon.

I hope so, because I'm very curious to see how the whole Tully and you saga played out behind the scenes.
Not gunna lie, you came across pretty fucking shit last night (in my opinion). Naturally I accept it's a TV show so it's edited a certain way, but good to hear what we're missing.

Not gunna lie, you came across pretty fucking shit last night (in my opinion). Naturally I accept it's a TV show so it's edited a certain way, but good to hear what we're missing.
It was shit.. There was enough dialogue and scenes uninterrupted to show Taras's intentions and actions.. His plea "I was misinterpreted in the edit" doesn't really wash.. His little campaign here shows a worried guy trying to cover his loss of positive image and recoup possible votes in the future.
All the suck up posts don't change my opinion and lots of people I talk to.

It was shit.. There was enough dialogue and scenes uninterrupted to show Taras's intentions and actions.. His plea "I was misinterpreted in the edit" doesn't really wash.. His little campaign here shows a worried guy trying to cover his loss of positive image and recoup possible votes in the future.
I don’t see many suck ups tbh, the majority of members Taras has interacted with here, both publicly and privately, were - and remain to be - supporters of his.

I genuinely don’t see what about Taras’ actions was so wrong. He’s one of very few actually doing something in terms of gameplay. (At least as far as what we’re seeing.)

What I saw as being the true problem last night was a misleading edit (particularly omitting strategic chats in favour of other HMs), unfair production interference (with Drew even still being there, this specific line-up of nominees should never have happened) and a set of HMs who didn’t jump at the chance to spectacularly blindside somebody who sat there feeling entitled, been all talk and hasn’t actually actioned any moves all season.

🤷‍♂️

He responded in the eviction room poorly. If he had a valid reason to reneg on his 'promise' with Tully not to nominate her, then he should have used that forum to be very specific and disclose this is why I changed my mind and decided to nom Tully.
His comments of preferring not to say her name & suggesting she (& we) read between the lines was a bad decision, it came across very badly.
He should have taken a page from Tim's book, so to speak, and stood up - owned what he did & then precisely explained why he changed his vote.

I think this is where Tim succeeds so well, he can own nasty behaviour or malicious comments etc by explaining why he did what he did - but delivers his explanation in a funny, cheeky way, thus almost ensuring it gets into the edit...

At the end of the day you want to make big moves and even some awkward or nasty ones, but if you own them and explain why, you're well on your way to obtaining the respect of HM's &/or the public..

Rookie move in what he did & how he chose to hide from it... It gave Tully a good opportunity to exploit his weakness and alert others to his poor choice. However, I've always felt that by the time you get to the eviction nomination most people have already made up their mind how they are going to vote - she really needed to capitalise on his vote flipping during her scramble in order to change peoples minds...
interesting take but I would say definitely a bit shortsighted. If I would have explained what my move was in the eviction room, it would have outed my entire game in a VERY bad way. At nearly no point in that edit did they show the layers upon layers of strategy we were all talking about behind the scenes, and to be honest I actually did a really really good job in keeping myself looking like I was after Tully, who was obviously going to go at this point. But because they don’t show the subtleties, it just looks like I’m going after Tully for not giving me one HoH vote, which you believe hook, line and sinker! No probs though, I mean it’s pretty easy to find the truth in the end because Estelle and Gabbie and Jaycee were all privy to what I was doing. Maybe one day they’ll come forward hehe

hahaha. Jesus Christ you just don’t like me hey?! Feels like Twitter. I’m guessing you’re someone who doesn’t think the show is over-edited, and that everything you’re seeing is completely reasonable and makes sense.

it’s funny because a lot of the OGs didn’t like the new format and didn’t understand it, other than tim of course. And so they didn’t go in with an attitude that it’s a game. So there was A LOT of pushback on people who played the game, and a lot of it was taken very personally. it was weird having us newbies idolise these people but also be confused as to why they were there if they don’t like the format so much?

Just a side note here. We as housemates collectively cannot speak of anything outside of the edit.. (in the words of julia gillard) not now not ever.
Well according to Estelle, you guys cant speak outside of the edit - which is shocking. Even by saying what you just said could be against your contract or NDA (non-disclosure agreement), which is ludicrous I believe. You should at the very least be able to discuss what happened in the house but outside of the edit to clarify misconceptions... so I doubt if we will ever know & I wouldn't blame anyone for not speaking up either..

I don't believe what BB shows us hook, line & sinker - because we all know in here that BB is heavily edited and leans toward the perception that they want us to believe...
I think you will find a lot of us in here tend to say what we want, when we want as it opens up the discussion so that many others (you guys included now as more of you have joined this forum) can discuss our perceptions of what happened and we may get somewhere near the truth..
We love to discuss and dissect what may or may not have happened.. The more people that join in the more options we have to explore what actually happened...

Oh what a shame this new BB format is pre-recorded, bring back the good ol' days when you could watch it live streaming and the truth wasn't so distorted :)

Just a side note here. We as housemates collectively cannot speak of anything outside of the edit.. (in the words of julia gillard) not now not ever.
I always thought that BB (Endemol or what ever its called) would have a fairly 'interesting' NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that HM's had to sign..
I find it quite shocking that you can't speak outside of the edit.. Wow, I thought at the most, you couldn't say anything until it has aired on TV, but not being able to speak of anything other than the edit is outrageous..
So even by saying, you didn't see what really happened or this wasn't shown etc is not permitted :oops:

Back