Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 19 Discussion (15 June, 7:30pm)

If there is a 2023 series, what do you think the cast selection will be?

• Another OG vs. Newbies

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. Newbies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. OG

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • A mix bag of Ch7 / OG / Newbies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All Newbie Series

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No Series

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
The OTT housemate reactions to everything Big Brother tells them to do are becoming more and more cringe. Tully saying "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen" to that waiting room footage was just ridiculous lol.

I think this episode showed how good Tim at the game. Brenton can only be dragged to the end as a goat if he works with Tim, but he's willing to work with him because Tim has connected with him socially.

I feel like if we saw more episodes, with less BS tasks and less over the top dramatic editing, this show could have been pretty engaging seeing the household dynamics and how different people play the game and strategize, and manipulate each other for the game. But the only time we see any of that really is the lead up to an eviction, so I feel like we're always missing giant chunks to the point where I don't really find any of it engaging at all.

Anyway, I caught up with this episode just then by literally skipping straight to the final 2 in the challenge to see Estelle win, and then watched the remaining because I knew the first half would have probably been a waste of time (someone let me know if there was anything interesting, but I'm watching BBUK right now and would rather invest my time there).

Loving Estelle on my screen, and I think we all don't want to admit it but Estelle will be going soon. We know 80% of the house want her out (and housemate dynamics on social media as of late show that there's a lot of animosity between Estelle and other HMs) so doubt anything will change, and in this game you need the numbers or you're out (personally I find this kind of gameplay boring which is why I like having external, real life audience votes, but it is what it is)

Also, I don't like the twist at all because I can never truly believe these twists aren't rigged or changed to fit what the producers want, and yet another twist to save yet another newbie? I know it's been for the most part coincidental, but still a bit unfair, and we wonder why the OGs are all being evicted. I usually love twists in these reality game shows, but so far a lot of the twists in this show don't feel earned. Maybe it's the pre-recorded aspect. or the fact that they usually feel just so nonsensical.
Yeah good point. I don't think we've had a season which has been both well run/ edited to actually showcasing everything the housemates were doing AND has a cast which is worthy of truly being worth watching since 2006 though (half the 2013 cast was great but the show worked because of the casting and not because 9 did it well, in fact they actively made the show worst because of bizarre decisions like constantly changing the nights the show was on, the stupid fish, the constant fake tasks in the diary room, that silly confidental show. When we actually got to see the housemates interacting without producer driven tasks it was mostly very, very good though).
I'm not annoyed at the scramble being a waste in terms of editing. Obviously the scramble would occur regardless of their choice and obviously would have to be shown, I just don't think it's fair. If Tim and Brenton were given some sort of challenge or task to earn the choice then I'd be less annoyed. But I also feel it was just too much power that makes the entire gameplay part pointless. The housemates are there to play a socially based game, what's the point if so many of these evictions are the result of luck and other circumstances they cannot account for?
Yeah it kind of makes the point of a strategic based show pointless. This season would be pretty good under the old format I'd think, certainly with channel 10 and even with 9 it would be better.

The OTT housemate reactions to everything Big Brother tells them to do are becoming more and more cringe. Tully saying "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen" to that waiting room footage was just ridiculous lol.

I think this episode showed how good Tim at the game. Brenton can only be dragged to the end as a goat if he works with Tim, but he's willing to work with him because Tim has connected with him socially.
Hang on... nobody is telling me to say anything! In fact, I'm pushing the boundaries every time I Tweet.

Watching that footage of Tim driving Brenton insane for 3 days was GENUINELY so entertaining.
We asked Sonia if we could watch it a second time.

In saying that, we saw a different compilation than what was shown.

Once again, you guys don't know nearly as much as you THINK you do. I speak for myself. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Hang on... nobody is telling me to say anything! In fact, I'm pushing the boundaries every time I Tweet.

Watching that footage of Tim driving Brenton insane for 3 days was GENUINELY so entertaining.

Once again, you guys don't know nearly as much as you THINK you do. I speak for myself. Thanks. :rolleyes:
I wonder, is there a way you can change what's written under your name to "Current Housemate"?
Hope it stays that way for a while :D

I wonder, is there a way you can change what's written under your name to "Current Housemate"?
Hope it stays that way for a while :D
I think that's an admin thing. Estelle's says Former Housemate as well.

I think I read it being mentioned somewhere that former housemate is still valid as they are out of the house as the series is pre-recorded.

I've discovered something. If I was the episode on 7plus after its finished airing, I get ZERO ads. It's fantastic.

Im sure some of what I day has been discussed, but oh well.

Can a former house mate please explain why they don't all band together and tell BB to shove the task up his arse when they have to do the punishment room task? Surely they have figured out that the tasks are unwinnable? Why not just say fuck you big brother, we ain't doing it? They won't kick 12 people out.

With the wearing clothes task....ate they all stupid ? BB never let's these things go got more than a day. Just shove a couple pair undies (ovaries) in your pocket and forget the rest

I just think when you said “this is the best thing I’ve ever seen” it just meant you were enjoying what you were seeing. Not literally the best thing ever haha. This show is edited sooo much so who knows what reactions we are getting to what’s actually happening…that reaction could be to something completely different!

I've discovered something. If I was the episode on 7plus after its finished airing, I get ZERO ads. It's fantastic.

Im sure some of what I day has been discussed, but oh well.

Can a former house mate please explain why they don't all band together and tell BB to shove the task up his arse when they have to do the punishment room task? Surely they have figured out that the tasks are unwinnable? Why not just say fuck you big brother, we ain't doing it? They won't kick 12 people out.

With the wearing clothes task....ate they all stupid ? BB never let's these things go got more than a day. Just shove a couple pair undies (ovaries) in your pocket and forget the rest
I’m sure the housemates have signed contracts. The producers have ways to enforce the contract, though I’m sure you are correct that they can’t force anyone to do something they have a good reason to refuse.

The compilation we saw was different and was probably not the funniest thing you have ever seen then - just a very watered down version of what you got to see, so @Hunter's_Mckay was not really that wrong, it just helps to have that in context.

Have a good night and weekend sticky.
Here's just a little something for you to "drool" over.:p
images
His hair is too long

We comment on what we see, which is unfortunately very limited due to this new Big Brother format.
We love coming onto this forum & saying whatever we feel and whatever we THINK. It doesn't matter if we are wrong because it's our place to discuss all things Big Brother, Survivor etc etc & if someone's comments are a bit out there, incorrect, slightly askew etc or bang on the money - we all appreciate their contribution as it gives us so many different avenues to explore and discuss.

We appreciate former housemates contributions as well, but don't chastise or criticize us for commenting on something that we may interpret incorrectly as Ch 7's heavily tainted edits direct the viewers towards their perceived concept of what they want us to believe.

If you don't like what we THINK, then direct your pointer up to the top right corner where you will find a little 'x' - click on that :cool:

Alternatively, you can contact Andrew Backwell or Amelia Fisk and suggest they edit or 'produce' the content more in line with how you THINK...

Last edited:
We comment on what we see, which is unfortunately very limited due to this new Big Brother format.
We love coming onto this forum & saying whatever we feel and whatever we THINK. It doesn't matter if we are wrong because it's our place to discuss all things Big Brother, Survivor etc etc & if someone's comments are a bit out there, incorrect, slightly askew etc or bang on the money - we all appreciate their contribution as it gives us so many different avenues to explore and discuss.

We appreciate former housemates contributions as well, but don't chastise or criticize us for commenting on something that we may interpret incorrectly as Ch 7's heavily tainted edits direct the viewers towards their perceived concept of what they want us to believe.

If you don't like what we THINK, then direct your pointer up to the top right corner where you will find a little 'x' - click on that :cool:
and if you comment retarded shit you get told that .

Well yeah I only commented on what the show showed you guys in the eviction room (which was not what you actually saw as you said) and it didn't seem that interesting. Obviously with the context you provided it makes more sense.

Back