Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 17 Discussion (13 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG have you most changed your opinion about since their original season?

• Reggie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Estelle

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Tully

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Drew

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Trevor

• Layla

• Total voters
It was nothing more than a last minute option to save. One where they didn't even have anything set up for them to do. Seriously, have them in the hackers hide out and they can do no meddling with the game? BB even announced it was him not the hackers. So it definitely was a saving Drew situation.
They didn't even got to watch as the HMs choose? just BB keeping them updated...

Yeah, clearly edited to make it look that tim was third. For all we know, he could have even been the fourth or fifth, and they just edited it that way.
Forgot to mention they couldn't even bring themselves to show everyone making their decisions?!......get rid of "deleted scenes" they could fill 7plus with entire "exclusive episodes"! Shit put an uplate each week up, maybe towards the back end some 30min "best of ....." series on a few HMs that would get the traffic they want

Finally watched the end of this after Seven's livestream died last night. Was kinda surprised that Jules went against the grain and voted for Reggie - she seems to be one of the only ones that realises how likely it is Reggie will win if she makes it final 3. Everyone else is seemingly just overlooking her, which will be their downfall.

Finally watched the end of this after Seven's livestream died last night. Was kinda surprised that Jules went against the grain and voted for Reggie - she seems to be one of the only ones that realises how likely it is Reggie will win if she makes it final 3. Everyone else is seemingly just overlooking her, which will be their downfall.

💯

It was nothing more than a last minute option to save. One where they didn't even have anything set up for them to do. Seriously, have them in the hackers hide out and they can do no meddling with the game? BB even announced it was him not the hackers. So it definitely was a saving Drew situation.

(Conspiracy theory)

So ... let's think about this, shall we ...
  • They saved Sam.
  • They saved Drew.
  • They saved Aleisha.
My guess is if Reggie get's nommed and evicted, then they will save her. (And, based on last night's end of show promo, it could go that way.)

So, the final three is set then, is it?

Drew, Aleisha, Reggie.

My guess is the Sam save could have been because they wanted more footage of their production scripted final three boy, Drew.

Hmmm.

Damn… took a peek at Brenton’s latest Insta post. He is being thrashed and hated on for putting up “three of the most adored HMs” and that he will not have Australia’s support if he makes the finale. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

This is another thing wrong with our iteration of the game and the blame lies solely in the perception that Seven has conceived by it through their editing and management of the format. Anyone who actually plays the game (putting up genuine threats to the final prize) is somehow considered wrong and are bashed for it… similarly, Brenton’s edit from his first night to now has contributed to these views. Frankly, he did what no one else was ready to do.

It also says a lot that people care way more about HMs from yesteryear than anyone this year.

Forgot to mention they couldn't even bring themselves to show everyone making their decisions?!......get rid of "deleted scenes" they could fill 7plus with entire "exclusive episodes"! Shit put an uplate each week up, maybe towards the back end some 30min "best of ....." series on a few HMs that would get the traffic they want

This is not a bad idea (or set of ideas).

It occurs to me that we, the fans/viewers, seem to know more about this show and what might work to get ratings, than the producers. Now, that said, it doesn't necessarily mean that we are right. We need to be mindful that compared to a national TV audience, BB fans would only be a small percentage (ie, a minority?). And TV show makers have to cater for everybody, and not just the minority. So you need to make your TV show work for everybody, rather than just a handful of people on a forum who have some excellent ideas about what they think might work.

Still, considering all of the ideas I have seen on here ... using social media better to interact with the audience / housemates ... more shows so that the continuity is better instead of just Monday to Wednesday ... having a normal show on Monday, noms on Tuesday and eviction on Wednesday ... going more traditional old-school BB with a mix of latest tech and social media thrown in (and no noms and strat chats) ... streaming it live on the Internet, with a summary "recap" TV show on free-to-air in the evenings ... your ideas as quoted above ... and other ideas on here that I cannot recall right now ... I can't help but wonder if it would be worth it for the TV guys to give some of these ideas a shot. The ratings are down, and they are only going to be down again if they do happen to go again ... so why not read our posts, reach out to the fans and ask for ideas, and then take a chance?

Sadly, funding and sponsership will be the key driving forces. Heck, talking about social media and BB fans, they could probably even crowd fund part or all of it.

Too fantastical? Perhaps someone needs to say to me "tell him he's dreamin' " ?

And, before people respond, let's not forget they are throwing money at some new show set on some island with some 100 contestants. "Million Dollar Island" or something. Internet says this: "NBC (USA) has announced a new survival reality show that will put contestants through the ultimate adventure challenge while spending nearly two months on a deserted island. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Million Dollar Island is being compared to CBS’ Survivor; however, NBC’s take will increase the typical 16 to 20 contestants to 100, and the competition duration from 39 days to 50. However, like ‘Survivor,’ ‘Million Dollar Island’ will award a prize of $1 million. The 100 contestants vying for a piece of the money must build friendships and alliances while staying– and taking part in challenges– on the remote island for up to 50 days." Hmmm, kinda sounds familiar, but on a bigger scale.

Last edited:
Damn… took a peek at Brenton’s latest Insta post. He is being thrashed and hated on for putting up “three of the most adored HMs” and that he will not have Australia’s support if he makes the finale. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

This is another thing wrong with our iteration of the game and the blame lies solely in the perception that Seven has conceived by it through their editing and management of the format. Anyone who actually plays the game (putting up genuine threats to the final prize) is somehow considered wrong and are bashed for it… similarly, Brenton’s edit from his first night to now has contributed to these views. Frankly, he did what no one else was ready to do.

It also says a lot that people care way more about HMs from yesteryear than anyone this year.

I was thinking about it last night when watching. Was it good game play? Is it considering the public perception for when you get to the final three? Or just trying to get there.

He said he had been throwing challenges, is that true? Will he now be a challenge beast? How much of a target did he just put on his back?

So much of what we see of game play and strategy is edited to the point where we have no idea. "We're going for Estelle, we want revenge!"

Then it's all, "We can work with Estelle, we'll keep her in for now."

Agree. Quite sad indeed. Unfortunately, this kind of thing provides a good window in to society as we know it today.

I was thinking about it last night when watching. Was it good game play? Is it considering the public perception for when you get to the final three? Or just trying to get there.

He said he had been throwing challenges, is that true? Will he now be a challenge beast? How much of a target did he just put on his back?

So much of what we see of game play and strategy is edited to the point where we have no idea. "We're going for Estelle, we want revenge!"

My thoughts as well.

It was a ballsy move, but to be honest I think it was at the time where when you look at the OG's that were left a lot of others had won that challenge those names would have been in the mix. Even Reggie must have known that - look how long she was holding in there. So holding it against Brenton is silly. If anything it at least we got to see him say something.

Too fantastical?
You're Dreaming.. ;)
Their playing her, they want her gone but not yet so they are keeping the piece for now.....
It was a ballsy move, but to be honest I think it was at the time where when you look at the OG's that were left a lot of others had won that challenge those names would have been in the mix. Even Reggie must have known that - look how long she was holding in there. So holding it against Brenton is silly. If anything it at least we got to see him say something.
It might cost a few but might win a few votes to, if he gets that far......definitely ballsy but I think good game play, like he said they need to to know he's in there and that includes us! and he has something to talk up later on....it's the next move that will determine if he makes it that far....keep pushing that hard and he will have everyone think he's a threat and boot him, that sort of move is 2 steps forward....time to take one step back!

Their playing her, they want her gone but not yet so they are keeping the piece for now.....
Yeah I caught that, but I was just highlighting how the selective editing of game play and strat talk means we really have little clue to a larger picture of what people think.

Was I distracted reading the forum, but was none of the Tim, "what has he done" stuff in the episode? So it was either a bad promo or something else this week. Or I missed it.

Was so sad to see Dave leave last night.

As others have said, this new format where it's pre-recorded ages in advanced makes it less fun. (I bought a 3 phone back in the day to watch the live streams...)

It was sad empathising with the emotional connection between him and Reggie. I think you could feel the sadness in the house. I did. Am I personally sad he left. No, but it was sad.

The only thing that elicited emotions which weren't empathetic ones was the stupid twist of bringing back Drew and Aliesha.

I voted Estelle. I didn’t like her in her original season but have grown to like her now. It makes me want to rewatch her original season again. I don’t like the her and Tim drama though, I’m not taking any side there, I’m aware there’s lots we haven’t seen on the show and post show so I’ll remain on the fence for that one lol
Same here with Estelle, I keep getting some FB memories from her last stint in the house and I forgot how much she infurated me her first season... I can't believe I am actually enjoying her this time around!

Back