Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 Jun, 7:30pm)

Was Big Brother's Speed Cleaning Task?

• Funny!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Boring!

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
My internet is sucking again. I saw my landlord's son and a mate coming into the block with half a dozen Bitcoin mining machines earlier. I bet they suck up some bandwidth. Might get my own fibre in I think.
I don‘t really get the point of this. I know money is a ‚concept‘ but bitcoin seems another layer of fabrication and how is ‚mining‘ for a fabricated concept a useful thing for the world?

Hmmm. Thanks to those who responded to my showmance, where did they place question. I was wondering if a showmance did really ruin your chances of winning. I had clearly forgotton all those "couples" you've mentioned (as with most reality TV shows, as soon as they're over, you quickly forget the participants and they're never really heard from again). Seems that it is possible to go a long way in a showmance. Interesting.

I don‘t really get the point of this. I know money is a ‚concept‘ but bitcoin seems another layer of fabrication and how is ‚mining‘ for a fabricated concept a useful thing for the world?

It isn't. In fact, it is bad for the world as having multiple computers or large server-farms, all running at the same time, requires power. And, the more power you use, the more of the world's "resources" are used.

Yeah, I've just been on Youtube looking at random clips from 9 and 10 series and just wishing we got to see people talk so long about random things. Instead the most chat we're seeing is of nominations stuff, and that is something we'd never see as it was banned previously!
The lack of nominations and strategy is why I fell in love with big brother Australia. I’m sad to say I lost interest in this season.

The fake showmance with Drew and Sam makes a lot of it unwatchable.

I miss the days when we not only saw the full nominations, but Big Brother pressed them for a reason, and penalised them if it wasn't up to scratch.

So we knew who loved and hated who, who ate the last Tim Tam, and even who left the toilet seat up or down.

With this lot we have no idea.

Honestly I think Drew is easier to live with as a housemate than Sam. If Drew left, maybe Sam would have turned into Jade pining for Ed.

Drew is such a user. But he might be an ok person to share a house with.

It's not. It uses a lot of computing power and electricity, to process transactions very slowly. Just greedy people wasting resources for personal gain.

Ooft. Telling the truth is not Drew’s forte.

Apparently they dated for about a month post show.

I assume dated for about a month means they caught up a few times, shagged and there was nothing there.

The crypto bubble is going to burst at some point just like the dot com bubble did in the early 2000’s. I do however think it’s too early to judge whether it will eventually become more than just a fad.

I miss the days where they'd just show housemates talking about their life. Even otherwise not super memorable housemates such as Todd who talked about he didn't have a relationship with his mum and Wesley who talked about his parents divorce had their moments in that regard. I wouldn't know the first thing about most of the newbies because we don't actually get to know them any more which is kind of sad.
YES I miss this too. We don’t have any opportunities to get to know the housemates at all. It’s just literally strategy and survival... No life details at alll.... And. An we all agree that Tully is just SO DRAINING and negative!? She walks around like a scowling hunchback all day

I miss the days where they'd just show housemates talking about their life. Even otherwise not super memorable housemates such as Todd who talked about he didn't have a relationship with his mum and Wesley who talked about his parents divorce had their moments in that regard. I wouldn't know the first thing about most of the newbies because we don't actually get to know them any more which is kind of sad.

Yep, a true side-issue to this current format of BB is this ...

We remember and can recall the old housemates better because we feel like we know them. I went to this web page (link below) recently and found that I not only remember the housemates, but I can remember them being in the house, what they did, what controversies they created, who they upset, what their habits were, etc etc. Heck, I even know more about Surley the fish than the HMs from the current seasons!

Link: Big-Brother-Housemates-Ranked

I bet in a couple of years to come, If somebody asked me, "Do you remember Lulu from BBAU 2022?", my response would be vastly different. "Sure, I remember Lulu, she was the lady who, ummm, wait ... Lulu, yep, what did she do again?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(OK, to be fair, there are a handful from the current BB seasons that I would remember, such as Kieran, SJ, Priya, Tilly ... but, really, not as many as from the original seasons; and thus my ... and your ... point.)

Last edited:
The crypto bubble is going to burst at some point just like the dot com bubble did in the early 2000’s. I do however think it’s too early to judge whether it will eventually become more than just a fad.
I think so too. NFTs spectacularly (and unsurprisingly) imploded. Blockchain does apparently have its uses though. They're building a new clearing system for ASX trades using blockchain, but it's years overdue (and recently delayed yet again).

On Ben’s TV reload podcast he asked Sam if the rumours were true that she and Drew had met before a few years ago. Apparently back in 2015 Drew gave her his number. She said she doesn’t remember and that a lot of guys gave her numbers in that year. Just found that interesting

YES I miss this too. We don’t have any opportunities to get to know the housemates at all. It’s just literally strategy and survival... No life details at alll.... And. An we all agree that Tully is just SO DRAINING and negative!? She walks around like a scowling hunchback all day
I don't think we are seeing enough of this season to make that assumption about Tully. Whilst there have been times when she has looked grumpy there has also been times she has looked upbeat. The same could be said about almost everyone - Dave, Reg, Tim, Aleisha, Sam, Drew are all people I can think of off the top of my head that have been shown t be both snarky and positive at times.

On Ben’s TV reload podcast he asked Sam if the rumours were true that she and Drew had met before a few years ago. Apparently back in 2015 Drew gave her his number. She said she doesn’t remember and that a lot of guys gave her numbers in that year. Just found that interesting
Interesting! So I wonder if it’s true or not that she knew Drew was going to be entering the house? Even if she had no interest in rekindling anything with Josh, she did seem to dispose of him rather quickly. If she had no idea a better showmance was coming along, she might have kept Josh on a string as a potential storyline source.

I think Johnson and Alicia are playing Tim and Drew's game right now and it will be interesting to see if it pays off. Johnson probably thinks he can use them as shields later on but you don't want too many shields when you are him and can likely only win against a select few others from here.

I don't think we are seeing enough of this season to make that assumption about Tully. Whilst there have been times when she has looked grumpy there has also been times she has looked upbeat. The same could be said about almost everyone - Dave, Reg, Tim, Aleisha, Sam, Drew are all people I can think of off the top of my head that have been shown t be both snarky and positive at times.
It’s more about every reaction she has is negative and depressing. She seems to complain about everything, every task, every Big Brother game or twist - she’s just moaning and complaining, even if she’s trying to sound positive - she’s absolutely negative...

Back