Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 Jun, 7:30pm)

Was Big Brother's Speed Cleaning Task?

• Funny!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Boring!

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
In the old days, getting evicted might have cost you the prize money, but you got the excitement of a live eviction, reuninion with friends and family, an after party, and a few days of back to back interviews. Now what do you get? An NDA until the show airs six months later and a lonely flight home. Bye Sam!

Yep. It's true that we viewers miss the good 'ol days of the original format. And, for the above reasons, I bet the HMs do to.

Lots of "good riddance" comments on the forum tonight. Sam not liked on here much it seems. Perhaps we are a bit harsh. Had Drew not hooked up with her, we may have seen a different version of Sam in the house.
I think even regardless of that viewers don't like the fake eviction nonsense so have turned against her and want her out because of that. It's the same with any producer favourite - most of my hatred towards Danny last year was because of how producers constantly saved him, though to be fair he was somewhat of a douche as well.

Question ... cos I cannot seem to recall ...

... have any two HMs involved in a showmance ever lasted to the end, or near the end? In other words, have both people lasted, to the end or near the end?

(Thinks for a bit.) Hmmm, how far did Marty and Jess go?
bit more of a "will they, won't they?" situation, but Billy (Day 99, 4th place) and Aleisha (Day 100, winner)?

Yep. It's true that we viewers miss the good 'ol days of the original format. And, for the above reasons, I bet the HMs do to.
At least on Survivor you get the villa experience and to come back for the vote. Here it must be very anti-climatic - not even a wrap party until the season airs I guess. Also for those who don't have the best experiences they end up having to go through it all twice.

In the old days, getting evicted might have cost you the prize money, but you got the excitement of a live eviction, reuninion with friends and family, an after party, and a few days of back to back interviews. Now what do you get? An NDA until the show airs six months later and a lonely flight home. Bye Sam!
Is my memory correct that sometimes they were given 2x mobile phones? I know 3 was a sponsor but 2 phones! Hahah so weird to think now.

Lots of "good riddance" comments on the forum tonight. Sam not liked on here much it seems. Perhaps we are a bit harsh. Had Drew not hooked up with her, we may have seen a different version of Sam in the house.
Sam was booked as Intimacy Coach and she knew what to deliver in the house, a showmance, a love triangle .... Her "Ex" Josh was propably plan B if Drew hadn't wanted to shomance with her.

Tim knew because of the video Drew is no BB14 winner, Sam could be, because the audience feel pity for her. So Sam to evict.

Yeah I may have actually liked Sam if Drew hadn't entered, but since he did the most I can speak of Sam is her wanting to suck face and roll all over Drew, and I just wanted that to end.

I don’t know why the 7plus videos take so long to load. The votes video still won’t load for me. I’ll post the votes tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

I don’t know why the 7plus videos take so long to load. The votes video still won’t load for me. I’ll post the votes tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
It is uploaded and works for me.

I’m sure you’ll still get the chance. Not sure anyone else quite cares enough to do it. 😆

bit more of a "will they, won't they?" situation, but Billy (Day 99, 4th place) and Aleisha (Day 100, winner)?

Yep, that prompted my memory a bit. Billy. Aleisha. Well, we already know that being in a showmance is pretty much a good way to eventually get targetted and evicted. I was kind of wondering if it was easier to say longer in the old format compared to the new format. It would appear not. So why the idiot HMs do it (or, still do it), I dunno.

Back