Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 10 - starts March 2nd

I’ve still been watching this season but I’m not invested enough to really have many thoughts on it, to be honest. (That may partially be due to how busy I am with life/work at the moment, as I’m kinda watching the episodes to wind down at the end of each day.)

In saying that, anyone else finding this cast rather unlikeable?

Although my interest did peak during the latest episode with the context behind last week’s eviction. The plan to flip the vote in favour of Jess, Betty’s doubt causing an imbalance seconds before the vote, and then Marty’s subsequent damage control, was pretty fun to watch. This is the kind of genuine scheming we’d never see on BBAU, which is a shame.

I am kinda disappointed they didn’t succeed with blindsiding Gino though, purely for the shock it would have caused the other half of the house. Either way, the repercussions are going to be interesting to watch unfold.

I think it's all the more interesting for it not coming off. That was one of my favourite episodes ever really and just highlights how behind the competitions and gameplay it is still a psychological experiment at heart - fascinating to see guilt, fear, lying, hiding within a group, bodylanguage etc. all under the microscope and as a fan of the format it was great to see an eviction vote from the perspective of the housemates sat in the lounge. We've seen glimpses before when recapping double evictions but this felt much rawer - so much going on in body language as the vote took place whilst all the time the nominees just sit their helpless. Great stuff and sets up the next couple of weeks nicely.

Also thought the HoH comp was really good and somewhat original.

I think it's all the more interesting for it not coming off. That was one of my favourite episodes ever really and just highlights how behind the competitions and gameplay it is still a psychological experiment at heart - fascinating to see guilt, fear, lying, hiding within a group, bodylanguage etc. all under the microscope and as a fan of the format it was great to see an eviction vote from the perspective of the housemates sat in the lounge. We've seen glimpses before when recapping double evictions but this felt much rawer - so much going on in body language as the vote took place whilst all the time the nominees just sit their helpless. Great stuff and sets up the next couple of weeks nicely.

Also thought the HoH comp was really good and somewhat original.
Agreed.

Oh my god, Buzzkilled was a huge shitshow and I wonder how much will make the final edit.

Summer out first, Haleena second.

1.5 hours later of play, feeds off because of potential issue with Summer’s buzzer (and others)

Feeds off for another hour.

Comp reset, Summer goes out first again.

HOH cancelled for the rest of tonight because buzzer issues potentially unresolved 🙃

They made such a big deal about it, you’d imagine they’ll have to address it somehow.

Thanks. Just don't get how the issues weren't picked up beforehand, though of course not unusual for everything to work perfectly in practice then fall apart come showtime.

This season has flown by - can't believe there are only three weeks left but perhaps a reason BB Can works is that it is keep to just 10 weeks. Annoying though to block the feeds for the endurance HoH, especially after they had to scrap Buzzkilled last week.

Bit pointless to have a viewer vote to give someone immunity too when it's a triple eviction anyway so chances are they'd go anyway.

The decision to introduce the secret power right after Haleena’s HoH win - and now the addition of next week’s audience vote - all seemed rather convenient. It felt like they were hoping to manufacture the backdoor plan once it looked like it wouldn’t occur naturally, then it backfired anyway.

Yes, it did feel fishy considering it wasn't mentioned. I've never bought into the idea the Veto being used every week is better for the show either - personally have long thought it was too dominant in the game and Canada not having the HoH compete makes it even more so.

I certainly think this week set up the next week much better by the Veto not being used and Marty not being backdoored. And the secret Veto was better for it not being revealed too, leaving the paranoia about who won it in the house. As always though BB Can can't keep a secret and obviously gave permission to JC Lynne to tell Gino rather than leave it as a secret to be revealed on finale night.

As for the Eviction Protection - nobody could really work out how Marty won it last time and surely he wouldn't this time (actually, they've made him ineligible as a previous winner, which seems as random as not letting Jess play in the definitely not a HoH comp. Can't really work out where it would go either but for some reason Summer is constantly topping the RT-Like polls.

Not too surprising they're pulling out the triple eviction again but I do think it's a twist which often kills the couple of weeks that follow all for a moment on the live show. Also pretty much confirms that the doors as featured in week 1, when we were told throughout the season saved nominees would pick a door to win a prize, won't be seen again all season.

HoH Spoilers:
Marty won (not surprising - he looked the most comfortable and focused when the comp started), which makes me think his exclusion from the protection vote under the pretence of him winning before was cover for that. He's targetting Betty and Josh again and has told Kevin this week he's doing what he wants, not what Kevin and Halenna want.

Think it also ensures Marty is one of the victims of the triple eviction.

Kevin needs Jesus

He’s pretending (?) to self-evict at the moment for Marsha the Moose challenge (production bit shown on feeds?). All kinds of amusingly fucked up at the moment, he keeps referencing his fake marriage, but scarily convincing

But unironically this may be the worst thing BBCAN has done to anyone’s game despite the entertainment.

Last edited:
Shame we never saw Moose vs Moose. Love Marsha but this already sounds like he's production picked for the task as it's almost tailored for him.

This week is panning out nicely though.
Marty nominated Betty and Josh. Summer won the safety, Betty won the Veto, so Gino and JL fighitng Kevin and Halena to get one of the others up on the block.

Marty being Marty had indicated beforehand he'd use Kevin as the re-nom option, but then went and picked him to play in the Veto.
Also from the feeds sounds like it was the classic 100 Minutes comp for the Veto. Talking of which the wheel looked great in week one when it was full of names, but half way down as it seems most of the evictees are from one side of the wheel it's not as asthetically pleasing. I'm guessing they have to do some respins if it lands on a blank spot.

Back