Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor Blood v Water: Ep 18

…um… Producers of Survivor… if you look at the first or second season of Survivor on this website you would see dozens of posters on here every night… look at it now for this series… isn’t that telling you something?… you schmucks!… cheers.
Imagine if I'd tried to run tipping for this. There'd be like three people still playing,

(and apologies if it did make the edit and I missed it during one of my much-required 30-second skips)

Challenge: skip skip skip
Post IC strat chat: random skips
TC pre-vote chat: skip skip skip.

Done.

Yeah, it happened tonight.
In a rare lapse of judgement, JLP blurted it out to everyone, possibly before the immunity challenge.
Thanks. I'm so uncommitted at this point I tend to skip a lot. If I could watch it live then I would watch it all, but as it happens this lot are so useless... well the post count in these threads says it all.

Thanks. I'm so uncommitted at this point I tend to skip a lot. If I could watch it live then I would watch it all, but as it happens this lot are so useless... well the post count in these threads says it all.
It's gone from being the best reality show to something that's barely worth bothering about. Following the pattern of the US series I guess, but the rot took longer to set in.

I don't think I ever want to see a season based around family members again.
It's a complete dead end in terms of keeping things exciting and unpredictable.
Plus there are too many idols, which conveniently fall into the hands of the wrong people.

So what a pointless couple of weeks this has been then. Just no jeopardy in the returnee situation when 3 out of 4 are returning - fairly boring challenge too, as indeed both were this time. There is even less variation in the individual immunity challenges than the team ones.

They could also at least have got a full episode out of it by having just the challenge winner guarantee their place back and then the remaining three going to tribal to determine who is eliminated. So think we're up to 9 now with 6 episodes left, which would suggest we're set up for a four person final immunity challenge and three person vote in the final.

Trouble is next week will now be largely the same as this week - everyone saying they need to get Sam and/or Mark out but not having the balls to actually do it. When you've Dave and Chrissie happy to play for 5th and 6th place nothing is going to happen.

So what a pointless couple of weeks this has been then. Just no jeopardy in the returnee situation when 3 out of 4 are returning - fairly boring challenge too, as indeed both were this time.
Why 3/4? That would be too high and mean that this season has 4 episodes with nobody leaving the game, I think that’s unprecedented in Aus Survivor.. Based on previous seasons I suspect only 2 will return, hopefully Shae & Jordie.

The show’s not all that bad… Here are some good points (imo)

• Beautiful Australian scenery ✅
  • Great soundtracks ✅
  • Nature ✅
  • Challenges mostly fun to watch ✅
  • Lots of content around camp compared to US version ✅
  • Variation (at least slight) to the twists ✅
  • Obligatory snakes shots in vivid colour ✅
Hmm.. Struggling to think of more lol

Yeah that’s where I imagine some of the usual audience may be. Sad days when people choose MAFS over Survivor????
To be fair, it is a stonking good couple of weeks on MAFS!

Even a general shitty MAFS season has always rated far better than pretty well anything up against it, so this year Survivor was the sacrificial victim rather than Masterchef. I don't think it will be cancelled on the back of the ratings.

The show’s not all that bad… Here are some good points (imo)

I agree with all your points. I am enjoying the show for the colours, even the colours of the challenges, and the challenges have often been quite ingenious (especially compared to the US ones) this season. I have also come to really enjoy Jordie, and live in hope...

Why 3/4? That would be too high and mean that this season has 4 episodes with nobody leaving the game, I think that’s unprecedented in Aus Survivor.. Based on previous seasons I suspect only 2 will return, hopefully Shae & Jordie.
Did you turn off after tribal? The returnee situation was resolved in the episode.

The scenery and challenges are interesting. USA Survivor goes one hour, has $1m prize money and this last 2 had only 18 contestants so a shorter season (and they have to forage for food, not even given rice). It moves at a faster pace. The Australian version has longer seasons, half the prize money and drags each episode out to over 90 minutes and I think this is where it has gone wrong. They go to such trouble to build the challenge sets, must spend hours painting them. I personally find the bit between the challenge winner being declared and the actual "time to vote" is about 3 times longer than it needs to be. A lot empty chat in private and tribal conversations before they cut to the chase.

Nobody seems to have cottoned on yet to the fact that Josh seems to think he is running the gang of 6. Chrissy and Dave seem all over the place and there is a chance Jordie might be able to pull them over to his new "team" which would make a 5/4 split in their favour.

I do wonder if Jordie may have been better off going after Josh and Jordan. I get though why Josh and Jordan aren't biting about getting rid of one of Sam and Mark - they are their shields at the moment and as soon as one of them go Josh and Jordan become the new big targets.

I don't really see votes shifting amongst the six at the moment and it's difficult to see a play for Jordie without the support of Josh or Jordan. The dream is to get Sam and Mark paranoid enough to play both idols and then have a couple of votes on one of the cousins to get them out instead, but frankly in the short term it's either Jordie wins immunity or Jordie goes home.

Back