Skip to main content

CBB US - Season 3

Full schedule from Reality Blurred - essentially Sundays, Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays (2 hours) for three weeks with the odd extra episode. Based on the schedule for the first week I doubt the premiere will be live. Also possible with just a one hour finale that they might start finale night with just two people for the first time in a long time.

• Wednesday, Feb. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
  • Thursday, Feb. 3, 9:00-10:00 PM
  • Friday, Feb. 4, 11 & 18, 8:00-10:00 PM
  • Sunday, Feb. 6, 13 & 20, 8:00-9:00 PM
  • Monday, Feb. 7 & 14, 9:00-10:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Feb. 9, 16 & 23 (finale), 8:00-9:00 PM
  • Saturday, Feb. 19, 8:00-9:00 PM
  • Monday, Feb. 21, 9:00-11:00 PM

Confirmation there is no live premiere this year - the celebs are already in. I get why they're pre-recording the launch given the schedule means three consecutive shows next week but sending the in a week early basically means paying celebs for an entire week they're not on air. Surely filming a premiere on Monday to air Wednesday then having Mon/Tue to get footage for Thursday, and Wed/Thu for footage for a live Friday eviction, would have worked well enough.

Confirmation there is no live premiere this year - the celebs are already in. I get why they're pre-recording the launch given the schedule means three consecutive shows next week but sending the in a week early basically means paying celebs for an entire week they're not on air. Surely filming a premiere on Monday to air Wednesday then having Mon/Tue to get footage for Thursday, and Wed/Thu for footage for a live Friday eviction, would have worked well enough.

Yes a week lead in seems a bit extreme. Especially considering a lot of that time will likely be downtime.

Cast confirmed:

• Cynthia Bailey-Hill, model/Real Housewives star
• Todd Bridges, Diff’rent Strokes star
• Todrick Hall, singer/choreographer/influencer
• Chris Kattan, comedian/SNL cast member
• Chris Kirkpatrick, singer/N•SYNC member
• Carson Kressley, Queer Eye star/TV personality
• Teddi Mellencamp, Real Housewives star
• Shanna Moakler, former Miss USA/actress/reality star
• Mirai Nagasu, Olympic figure skater
• Lamar Odom, former NBA player
• Miesha “Cupcake” Tate, former UFC champion

I was keen. Now I’m feeling meh about it.

The rumoured (fake) cast list that went viral last week was far more appealing.

I've not lost any interest - it's pretty usual for me to have no clue who the majority of people are in a Celebrity season since those sort of "celebrities" are usually the ones who sign on for this type of stuff.

I'll watch, they'll entertain me and then they'll go back to being someone I never care/think about again.

This cast makes the Aussie ones look like VIPs - by far the weakest so far. Reliance on reality stars can really bring down a cast - take out the two Real Housewives "stars" and at least you have nine people who have somewhat earned fame off the back of their talent. 9 or 10 would be enough too for just a two week series - having 11 with 5 going through to finale night has never been a good structure, though that might change this year as the final is only an hour.

Yes a week lead in seems a bit extreme. Especially considering a lot of that time will likely be downtime.

Exactly. May just be a justification covid wise to get the cast in before it's too late but they did the same with the last couple of celeb seasons too. The Wed/Thu/Fri schedule doesn't help - indeed if sending the in so early they've have been better off launching this Sunday - CBS only have a two hour edition of 60 Minutes so if they cut that to the usual hour they could have premieres Big Brother at 8pm.

I didn't watch CBB1 or 2. Were they any good? I may try them and watch these season now that I've watched all Civilian US seasons and OTT.

As an American, I knew half the cast that came out. The younger ones I had no idea who they were. But basically I'll know them all within a month anyways.

As an American, I knew half the cast that came out. The younger ones I had no idea who they were. But basically I'll know them all within a month anyways.
There aren't really any younger ones. It's basically Big Brother for people in their 40s and 50s with the odd token 20/30 something.

There aren't really any younger ones. It's basically Big Brother for people in their 40s and 50s with the odd token 20/30 something.
Seems to me like this was CBB casting on a budget. The majority of this cast seem like they’d be happy just having a bit of work for a few weeks at minimum wage.

They've also committed the BB faux paux of two housemates with the same name and same initial for their surname. That may defeat the Chenbot!

Back