Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Oh boy international media now focused on Aus......
Not a good view
Interviewing refugees stuck in that putrid hotel for years

This sure has blown up in their fucked stupid politician faces
Focus on our Covid policies, our refugee failures, ooo la la
Have we ever had a PM this embarrassing all the time? Yeah others suck but we usually got to boot the faster

If I had small kids, they would be staying home for the months until they are double vaxed
What a MESS

Oh and they had better bring back Tele health bulk billing, fast
I don’t know. And I am not there to witness ScoMo. But Abbott was pretty bad.

Reactions: kxk
Are you trying to misconstrue my previous post as being insensitive?

The vulnerable should be protected as best as society can.

The diabolical testing situation should also be corrected!

I agree with both those things and have't ever argued against that.

But politicians also can't regulate every single thing that every single person does!

We're about 2 years into this and there are people still putting themselves in risky situations!

Some of these types just want their state premier to close the border and think they can get on with their life like normal. It's like they think the solution is that simple.

It's a GLOBAL pandemic, we can't hide from it forever and that everyone should have some responsibility and accept that this is the new way of life for now.

The state premiers can't just make this problem disappear but some people cling to that idea yet can't be bothered taking any precautions themselves.

What I disagree with is having a lazy public expectation for politicians to fix every single issue society faces. It's not realistic.

There's not a country in the world that has dealt with this pandemic perfectly.
It sounds like you and I agree in many ways. I am and have always been for people taking personal responsibility for their own actions. And I agree that politicians cannot regulate every single thing a person does, nor would I want them to. Nor do I even want the state borders to stay locked down anymore.

But I do think politicians in this country are dropping the ball on things that they should be taking responsibility on, which has lead to the situation being worse than it needs to be. Has anyone done it perfect - Hell no! But after two years should we be starting to learn from our own and each others mistakes - yes.

I've been waking up with quite strong pain in my arms, shoulders and upper back for weeks now. Started as a sharp stabbing pain in the shoulders, but now my whole upper body is weak and aches like hell. No idea if it's Covid-related, but RATs say I'm negative, so I don't know what's up with me.

271888180_4775766192479675_5272098985499514261_n.jpg

Sounds worrying how is the medical system over there?
Can you see a doctor easily, and omicron rates near you?

Stay safe

Sounds worrying how is the medical system over there?
Can you see a doctor easily, and omicron rates near you?

Stay safe
It's been slowly coming on for a couple of months. I have fibromyalgia, but I don't think it's likely to have got so bad in such a short time considering I've lived with it for over 20 years. Always been pretty mild. I've also had heart palpitations/arrhythmia at night. Which all makes me wonder if I had undiagnosed Covid previously and now have long Covid symptoms. I'll keep taking Ibuprofen and hope it'll get better. Competent health care at an affordable price is an oxymoron here.

As for Covid cases here, the govt releases highly dubious numbers such as 12/day. Cannot be taken seriously.

Hope you are ok Timmy.

Should you see a cardiologist? I think maybe you should…? (Peace of mind).
Actually this started after I had my AZ booster and there was a (tiny) chance it could be related to that so I had a full blood rundown done and it all came back ok. Probably should get an ECG though.

Actually this started after I had my AZ booster and there was a (tiny) chance it could be related to that so I had a full blood rundown done and it all came back ok. Probably should get an ECG though.
You look after all the dogs and cats health. Gotta do the same for you. … or where would y’all be?!

Book in.

I did the peg thing at a party I had in my 20s when we were all half cut hanging around by the clothes horse. I have pictures still on FB of it which won't be shared here. But, a good memory.

Interesting conversation between Derek and Dylan about early day languages here, and history.

Back