Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Catching up on BB4 and krystal showed some pretty nasty sides to her. She is the alpha female of the season so far. Bree’s close friendship with her does her almost no favours.

Talking about wanting to audition and revealing secrets are two very different things. IIRC the member wasn’t even given a chance simply because production could trace him to BBBA.
Part of the NDA was not to disclose that you had auditioned or were intending on auditioning.

Watched 2004 Day 24 Daily Show, They had a halfway house style thing for the task, Krystal and Bree having a divide with Terri and stuff.

Also watched 2005 Uncut #11 (the finale for that year). Kinda like a best of, and several digs at all the media attention that year on Uncut.

The classic Vesna ‘Burger’ and ‘Snatch’ moments, to Hotdogs showing his boil on his bum to everybody (and having an audience in the lounge when Vesna attempts to pop it - seriously - get some proper medical attention). Also the infamous ‘Reverse Kanga’ wars.

Kinda funny how Dean is so put off by Vesna loudly talking about yeast smelling in the nether region whilst plucking her burger on the bed next to him, yet pulls sh!t (literally) like the kanga episodes. Didn’t Christie have some skeezy habits too from memory?

Also I’m not sure if but feels like 2005 in hindsight was one of the most Blokey with the guys group. Tim was pretty much the only one with an obvious physical point of difference, personality wise as well he came across more you could say ‘Intellectual’ but held his own during all that more ‘boys club’ stuff that was going on.

Heath was literally the only male intruder that year and he fit right in with the likes of Glenn, etc. I wonder how things would’ve gone if they threw someone like Zach or Merlin in that year to mix it up a bit. Or provide another POV of counter to some of the discussions.

Yes I remember Christie picking a pimple and eating it. I don’t usually get too squeamish or the like but that does make me feel kind of nauseated to think about.

Reading though the whirlpool forum and I can't believe there was a time where 1.6 million viewers was considered disappointing!
17/09/2004: REALITY television show Big Brother will return for a fifth season next year, Channel Ten said today.
General manager of network programming, David Mott, said Big Brother was the most watched program of 2004 with three million viewer
s.

Not sure what that number relates to as the original News article is no longer available.
So much vitriol for Gretel though: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/241628

I mean people come to BBBA and think some of us hate the show, but we don't hate it the way the real haters do. We're just very disappointed in it :D

I think the 3,000,000 is for the finale. A bit of a misleading headline as it suggests that to be the season average where it’s clearly the peak episode.

Yes LOTS OF HATE for Gretel. I thought this forum was bad for hating the show, but everything on there is pretty much negative.

I think the 3,000,000 is for the finale. A bit of a misleading headline as it suggests that to be the season average where it’s clearly the peak episode.

Yes LOTS OF HATE for Gretel. I thought this forum was bad for hating the show, but everything on there is pretty much negative.
I agree about the 3m figure, clicked the link for confirmation but ofc it's gone.

I wish we had BBBA archives back that far. There are various WP threads about S3 but I couldn't find a main, central one for that season when I looked. But you have S4 at least to follow as you watch. And I think main threads for the subsequent seasons as well. In all their glorious negativity. Maybe we should send @bleachy_dude back in time to set them straight. :D

I agree about the 3m figure, clicked the link for confirmation but ofc it's gone.

I wish we had BBBA archives back that far. There are various WP threads about S3 but I couldn't find a main, central one for that season when I looked. But you have S4 at least to follow as you watch. And I think main threads for the subsequent seasons as well. In all their glorious negativity. Maybe we should send @bleachy_dude back in time to set them straight. :D
HAHAH! I honestly don’t understand why anyone could be bothered to go online to whinge about a television show. Life is way too short for me to firstly spend time watching something that causes me such upset, and secondly to the jump online and hate post. 🤷🏽‍♂️ like maybe I get it once if you watch out of curiosity, like I did with MAFS … but then I’ve never watched a single episode after that!
I do know that it’s a bit different for most people here, but I still can’t quite understand why some people continue to watch 🤣.
I also DO NOT and will never understand people who campaign for shows they don’t personally like to be axed, as if all of television production should be tailored for their particular tastes 🙄

Part of the NDA was not to disclose that you had auditioned or were intending on auditioning.
As I said before telling people you’re auditioning and actually revealing secrets are two different things. Also membership on this site is no different than social media. I’m sure there were countless others who’d posted on FB at the audition who weren’t pulled aside or booted from the process.

Life is way too short for me to firstly spend time watching something that causes me such upset, and secondly to the jump online and hate post. 🤷🏽‍♂️ like maybe I get it once if you watch out of curiosity, like I did with MAFS … but then I’ve never watched a single episode after that!
I do know that it’s a bit different for most people here, but I still can’t quite understand why some people continue to watch 🤣.
I cannot watch MAFS (and it irks me that Gogglebox always features at least a couple of eps per season) but I'm not about to seek out a MAFS thread on WP to say what a shit show it is, and that the host is a skanky old ho, and why hasn't this crap been cancelled...!? I mean, really.

As for the latter, we've always loved BB and just want it to be better. It's hard to let go sometimes.

Catching up on BB4 and krystal showed some pretty nasty sides to her. She is the alpha female of the season so far. Bree’s close friendship with her does her almost no favours.
Yeah that episode I watched probably helped towards evict votes too, after she was nommed she kinda mocked Elle being teary about possibly leaving the previous week by announcing 'I think I might go and have a cry now' in a bit of an exaggerated way, besides telling on Terri to Bree. Was there more from the rest of that week?

It's also interesting that Terri was not the next highest % that week, it was Paul. However the following week she almost went instead of Elle (2% of the vote behind) then they started only showing the other % as ??? according to Wikipedia right up to the end (only when Bree was False evicted she was named as 18% to Wesley's 23%). So it's not clear whether Terri just hung on for 6 weeks because there was just always someone the public wanted out just a bit more, or for this week did people side with her a bit more than Krystal perhaps? who knows.

Yeah that episode I watched probably helped towards evict votes too, after she was nommed she kinda mocked Elle being teary about possibly leaving the previous week by announcing 'I think I might go and have a cry now' in a bit of an exaggerated way, besides telling on Terri to Bree. Was there more from the rest of that week?

It's also interesting that Terri was not the next highest % that week, it was Paul. However the following week she almost went instead of Elle (2% of the vote behind) then they started only showing the other % as ??? according to Wikipedia right up to the end (only when Bree was False evicted she was named as 18% to Wesley's 23%). So it's not clear whether Terri just hung on for 6 weeks because there was just always someone the public wanted out just a bit more, or for this week did people side with her a bit more than Krystal perhaps? who knows.

My guess is for week 4 people were angry at Paul for his fight with Merlin and constant wanting to stir. Terri didn’t really have a bad week when Krystal went.

As I said before telling people you’re auditioning and actually revealing secrets are two different things. Also membership on this site is no different than social media. I’m sure there were countless others who’d posted on FB at the audition who weren’t pulled aside or booted from the process.
They are different things. But the NDA signed as part of the application form, the one that everyone filled out, said that you must not talk about your participation in the audition or the audition process.

You're also correct that the site is no different to social media. However we (the applicants) were all warned countless times during the process not to talk about our participation in the audition process on social media, or we would risk being disqualified from the process.

I remember the post itself and that the letter this poster recieved on the day laid bare that they had been asked not to mention their participation in the audition process on social media.

Looking back at my old posts... I talked about my audition process on here, but I kept it vague enough and claimed I was eliminated earlier than I was to avoid eliminating myself. If the producers really wanted to dig, they'd probably have been able to work out which auditionee I was (there are enough clues in my posting history/screen name/location to probably deduce who I am from their shortlist of callbacks), but there's not enough there to make it glaringly obvious.

However we (the applicants) were all warned countless times during the process not to talk about our participation in the audition process on social media, or we would risk being disqualified from the process.
The person wasn't even given a chance to audition. They were literally pulled out of line and told no simply because they could trace him back to the site.

I can understand why they don’t want people in the house that read what’s in store for the series ahead because they might spoil it for the other housemates and then creates an anticlimax for producers, but also it’s a little too creepy they’re able to identify BBBA users in-line prior to registration at auditions.

Just watching the jump from 2003 to 2004 it felt like under Noble the new production staff became way too controlling over how the show came across instead of letting nature run it’s course like Abbott did.

I can understand why they don’t want people in the house that read what’s in store for the series ahead because they might spoil it for the other housemates and then creates an anticlimax for producers, but also it’s a little too creepy they’re able to identify BBBA users in-line prior to registration at auditions.
Even more creepy was the fact that they made those who progressed through the audition stage hand over their social media credentials. Meaning a producer could and likely did go through your entire account and read all your messages etc.

Even more creepy was the fact that they made those who progressed through the audition stage hand over their social media credentials. Meaning a producer could and likely did go through your entire account and read all your messages etc.
That's really messed up.

All social media? Even Facebook?

The potential for learning about someone's secrets would be immense. There'd be stuff most peoples social media that they wouldn't want anyone to know.

Back