Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Oh btw, as many of you know I'm in Cambodia. If I watch youtube with my VPN set to AU I get ads, whereas if I turn it off there are no ads. So if you're in AU, try setting your VPN to an Asian country and see what happens.

Oh btw, as many of you know I'm in Cambodia. If I watch youtube with my VPN set to AU I get ads, whereas if I turn it off there are no ads. So if you're in AU, try setting your VPN to an Asian country and see what happens.

Thank you very much for this advice I’m going to try this straight away.

After really enjoying my BBAU rewatch I did some casual googling of the housemates and came across this really interesting and enjoyable interview with Sara-Marie. Unsure if anyone here has posted it already or watched it, but it was such an interesting listen and I loved hearing her talk as I think Sara-Marie brings up so many good points. She really epitomises how you’d prefer reality Tv stars to behave and think.

After really enjoying my BBAU rewatch I did some casual googling of the housemates and came across this really interesting and enjoyable interview with Sara-Marie.
Thanks for sharing that was a fun watch.

I'm watching Uncut 2001 Ep 1, geez, not even 10 minutes in and it reminded me how punny and thick on the metaphors/alliteration Gretel's scriptwriters used to be: "...when it comes to sexual adventure, our contestants have seen it all, climbed erotic Everest, reached the South Pole of pleasure, and cruised the amazon of arousal - if you could mate on the moon, they'd do it." 🤣

Last edited:
After really enjoying my BBAU rewatch I did some casual googling of the housemates and came across this really interesting and enjoyable interview with Sara-Marie. Unsure if anyone here has posted it already or watched it, but it was such an interesting listen and I loved hearing her talk as I think Sara-Marie brings up so many good points. She really epitomises how you’d prefer reality Tv stars to behave and think.

That was awesome, thanks. I loved the free boob job story. She was young, and even watching then, you could tell she was genuinely just having fun, and who could blame her. Hope she does turn up as an All Star.

Oh that’s an interesting watch. She sure does ramble and deviate from the question but she is still very likeable.

Also I found it interesting that she didn't do nightclub appearances. I always thought they were contractually obligated to do those, along with a bunch of other appearances for several months post-show. Apparently that was not the case.

Also I found it interesting that she didn't do nightclub appearances. I always thought they were contractually obligated to do those, along with a bunch of other appearances for several months post-show. Apparently that was not the case.

I was shocked, I thought her of all of them would have been made to do numerous club appearances. I guess it’s just the clubs approaching them or management and asking them to do appearances rather than it being done through the show

I suspect for the first series nothing like that was contracted. When producers saw what happened after the first they probably looked to get a cut of the fees moving forward so struck deals on behalf of the housemates prior to the series.

Can someone who watched S1 live please explain to me why the voting audience disliked Lisa? I can understand at times she was probably the least lively but I am struggling to understand the fence sitter thing. She explains her opinions alot to Jemma especially about Gordon. I think she is just a person who is aware of not wanting to offend people and shove opinions down people's throats. I just don't think her edit warrants such high %s to evict the two times she was nominated. Was the perception different on the live feeds?

Can someone who watched S1 live please explain to me why the voting audience disliked Lisa? I can understand at times she was probably the least lively but I am struggling to understand the fence sitter thing. She explains her opinions alot to Jemma especially about Gordon. I think she is just a person who is aware of not wanting to offend people and shove opinions down people's throats. I just don't think her edit warrants such high %s to evict the two times she was nominated. Was the perception different on the live feeds?
From memory Lisa was seen as very boring. I could be remembering that wrong though. Can anyone else confirm?

Can someone who watched S1 live please explain to me why the voting audience disliked Lisa?
If you have a time machine I could go back and rewatch them for you! Because I did watch the streams a lot, but 20 years' worth of drugs and alcohol have blurred things a bit.

On another note, a couple of random observations:

- A little bit of music in the edit. Only very sparingly though, not insanely intrusively like Seven does.
- Blair got a video message from home for his birthday. We always think there was no contact with the outside world then, but there was that. I suppose it was all carefully vetted in advance though.
- The Sony plasma TV they were giving away for 'best dressed' winner from the evictions was worth $14,000 at the time. I could buy my current 4K TV 37 times for that amount now. Except I think 37 TVs might be overkill.

On another note, a couple of random observations:

- A little bit of music in the edit. Only very sparingly though, not insanely intrusively like Seven does.
- Blair got a video message from home for his birthday. We always think there was no contact with the outside world then, but there was that. I suppose it was all carefully vetted in advance though.
- The Sony plasma TV they were giving away for 'best dressed' winner from the evictions was worth $14,000 at the time. I could buy my current 4K TV 37 times for that amount now. Except I think 37 TVs might be overkill.
I actually love theres no music in the edit, it makes it feel very natural like I am looking directly through a window into someone's house. I am up to Day 42 and Ben and Blair also got to speak to the dog Ebony's owner and the housemates got pretty close to the security guards and outside every week on eviction nights. One thing also is there is not alot of bum dancing in the edit. There is alluding to it on the live shows and in some daily shows but its only been shown once or twice so far and mainly on uncut. I assume at the time the feeds were popular.

Back