Skip to main content

Construction starts on new house in Sydney Olympic Park

Wonder how far away the shipping container arena is? It looks like a deserted Olympics event arena, with the red bleachers at one end and more seating on the right. Wherever it is, they have to travel by van to get to it.
Not very far. Based on this drone footage this is the challenge area. The house is in the upper left hand corner.

A27DDB7D-8556-488F-AB24-0DFB31BA2DD9.jpeg

Random thought. Wonder if they’ll leave the house assembled and make it an attraction at the Easter Show next year? It started airing during Easter last year right? Might be good for a bit of promo for the new season.
Depending on how the ratings go it might have been dismantled by then!

Likely to go up against MAFS on 9 and probably Survivor on 10.
I don't think they would put 2 similar shows even though on different networks up against one another in Survivor and Big Brother. Pretty sure 7 has Winter Olympics when MAFS starts then move into SAS. Big Brother will be on around after Easter/Early May like this year.

Likely to go up against MAFS on 9 and probably Survivor on 10.
Nope, SAS Australia is going up against MAFS & Survivor. Big Brother will probably start in April or June depending on post production.

Yes - Seven also have The Voice: Generations and another Dancing with the Stars to get in before Big Brother, so it'll end up in around the same slot as the last couple of years. How long Seven have the lease for is a question but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they knock another series out in the New Year to hold back for either late 2022 or possibly 2023 then give up the lease.

How long Seven have the lease for is a question but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they knock another series out in the New Year to hold back for either late 2022 or possibly 2023 then give up the lease.
The Development Application said four seasons, so that would be the two taped this year and two more perhaps in the first half of next year. I can't imagine them not doing them back to back, so they can then pack up and dismantle it all. Curious to see the catch-up adjusted ratings for VIP though. 380k on the overnights in prime time on their main channel is a train wreck. If they stick with it I wonder if they might bump it over to one of their multichannels.

Not very far. Based on this drone footage this is the challenge area. The house is in the upper left hand corner.

Jumping back to this for a second, can anyone make out who is in that shot? I can see Ellie, Luke, Thomas, Jessika, Josh and what I think is Bernard? I think also Dayne at the back but I can't tell who the other person in dark clothing is. Or does it seem like a producer walking in with them? Kinda sad to see no Imogen there.

Jumping back to this for a second, can anyone make out who is in that shot? I can see Ellie, Luke, Thomas, Jessika, Josh and what I think is Bernard? I think also Dayne at the back but I can't tell who the other person in dark clothing is. Or does it seem like a producer walking in with them? Kinda sad to see no Imogen there.
Looking back, I think that is from right after that initial challenge. Cause you can see Omarosa in the back

Looking back, I think that is from right after that initial challenge. Cause you can see Omarosa in the back
Yeah, it's definitely from the first challenge, as seen in the first two seconds of the video.

dznqHKI.png

Back