Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Queenslanders finally realising that their Premier's tough border stance and lack of planning isn't doing them any favours.
I guess when you see placed like NSW only 2 weeks away from international travel, it puts into perspective where the states are really at in terms of moving forward and learning to live with Covid. Even Victoria, despite their high case numbers, has a road map in place to getting on with life.
Despite the absolute cluster fuck of the last 4 months in Sydney, I am so grateful I live here. NSW always had a clear road map and we knew what we needed to do to get life back to normal. The indecisiveness and lack of direction from QLD and WA would make it very tough to live there.

Kmart better invest in some security guards then to enforce vaccine mandates instead of leaving it to some poor teen at the front door.

How ridiculous are the Aus Post delivery times getting? It's insane. I keep logging in to check and see everything delayed. Or just random things where it's been in transit from one state facility to another for weeks.

I have a valance that has been out for delivery from my local facility for about 3 weeks so far. It's not important, but all these deliveries in limbo. An ever-growing list. Them not arriving is just gnawing away in my mind. Some socks from Rebel sport with a 1-3 day delivery are at about 3 weeks lol

Queenslanders finally realising that their Premier's tough border stance and lack of planning isn't doing them any favours.
I guess when you see placed like NSW only 2 weeks away from international travel, it puts into perspective where the states are really at in terms of moving forward and learning to live with Covid. Even Victoria, despite their high case numbers, has a road map in place to getting on with life.
Despite the absolute cluster fuck of the last 4 months in Sydney, I am so grateful I live here. NSW always had a clear road map and we knew what we needed to do to get life back to normal. The indecisiveness and lack of direction from QLD and WA would make it very tough to live there.
I agree with this! Mistakes have been made in NSW but we have the most realistic approach here. Good for QLD and WA that they haven't had massive outbreaks. Biggest downside is those states will probably struggle preparing their population for the inevitable. The people there don't have the same experience and it will be a big adjustment.

Biggest downside is those states will probably struggle preparing their population for the inevitable. The people there don't have the same experience and it will be a big adjustment.

It's going to be interesting to see. I expect dishonest press, media and other crazies playing politics and misleading over it. Blaming all the cases and inevitable deaths on the premiers. Pretending there's an alternative. Pretending there's a way there aren't skyrocketing cases and some deaths. All the incentives suggest staying locked down until you can get the highest possible vax rate. Which is unknowable. So you need to set a target.

At least VIC and NSW, for all the right and wrong. Uncertainty in how to do it. The main choice isn't in anyone's hands.

Last edited:
All that will happen is the rich and powerful will get even more rich and powerful with the help of covid and the police state.

This weekend is the first weekend in months with freedoms back. People are in a good mood, great that people are already out spending money again!

Back