Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

Have to credit the Cookout with being a fairly large alliance that stuck to their mission and achieved it when there have certainly been opportunities to turn on each other.

Must say with the double although ultimately they got the result they wanted I thought Hannah would have been better off putting Xavier and Kyland up then backdooring Alyssa as the risk of Alyssa winning Veto was there anyway, but in this scenario there was also the chance she'd be the only one not to play. That may have been better for Hannah's game too.

How it plays out in the house I think may now be quite predictable. I'm more interested in how the Cookout act once they're in the jury and whether it's a case of now they're in the final 6 they'll tell the other jurors the truth or continue to keep it secret until after the vote.

Seems they taped tonights two hour double eviction show yesterday and cut off the feeds, probably because the Sunday show has been moved to Friday so they wanted to do what they usually tape on Friday on Thursday instead.

The double on Thursday benefitted from the luxury of time and somehow didn't drag as much as the triple eviction did last year, which felt like it needed something else in the episode.

Also the first time that Julie had been able to talk to an alliance about their alliance during an eviction show which was quite interesting. A lot of back patting from CBS that they'll have a black winner this year rather than shame it took them 23 series and a major change in casting policy.

These last couple of weeks a bit of a drag though - takes 2 weeks to go from final 4 to the end and still three shows this week with three next week too. In earlier series they used to pick up the pace towards the end or see episodes dropped as new season shows began which helped really - presumably they'll just do the Veto comp on Wednesday and then the Veto meeting "live" in the eviction show. After that there is a show on Friday, which I suspect will be the top three looking back at the season and start of the final HoH comp, with that and perhaps the second part in the Sunday show before the final on the Wednesday, which gets two hours but frankly doesn't need it if the first two parts of the HoH have already been shown.

Azah just ruined the season for me. She nominated Hannah due to an emotional decision and didnt want to hurt Kyland and betray their deal. Xavier as won this. Azah could have made a huge move and gotten rid of Ky at 5. I have found this season to be intensely boring. Every week the target was set in stone from the moment the HoH won and minimal change in target has occurred. To say I'm not disappointed would be a lie. But it is amazing that an entire alliance made it to the final 6 completely intact. Not even the committee were able to do that, although that was never really ever going to happen regardless.

Hannah was going to go out regardless once Kyland won POV. She just didn't really have a way of surviving the vote this week no matter what happened.

Whilst I can appreciate the game that the cookout have played, it has made this season extremely frustrating and disappointing to watch.

Part of the fun is seeing these people fight and win against insurmountable odds. But here we watch players again and again give up their own game for the good of the team and good players whose social game may be on point but never had a chance as they were automatically excluded from the team.

The worst thing is how the episodes tease the viewer that something different will happen but it's always the same predicable result. I've been scrubbing through the final episodes as it's been a forgone conclusion for awhile now.

This alliance was too overpowered that it stopped us seeing the full potential of these individual characters. It also probably caused the "twists" production threw at them to fizzle out.

I wanted Xavier or Kyland to win from the first week but now feel ambivalent as it wasn't the game I wanted them to play. Although I don't blame them, it doesn't quite feel their win is in the spirit of the game. I hope we don't see this same scenario play out in future seasons.

Hannah was going to go out regardless once Kyland won POV. She just didn't really have a way of surviving the vote this week no matter what happened.
Yes - even though I think Azah was dumb to sacrifice Hannah, losing not just someone who would likely take her to final 2 but a potential jury vote, had she nominated Xavier and Kyland the outcome would still have been Hannah's eviction.

I just hope anyone but Derek wins now - he's done nothing to deserve it IMO and is a likely runner up should Xavier take him to final 2. However if some how Azah pulled out a win at final 2 and took him I think he'd take the win. Either way he seems set for final 2 - not sure if they've kept the runner up prize at $50k or if it has risen in line with the jackpot to $75k.

Also no idea really who'll get America's Choice for the favourite player. The BB Bucks didn't seem particularly logical. Xavier probably my choice but I suspect it may go outside the final 6.

If it's a DF and Azah final 2 this would probably be my least favourite final 2 of all seasons. Probably above Adam and Ryan BB9, but I don't find either of them compelling as characters and I absolutely do not find them to be great players. I was really wanting to see Tiffany win but she really walked herself into 6th place by pissing off the cookout the week before. I won't be mad if X wins, I'll just be like hmm okay predictable. I'd rather Azah over DF to win, whilst she is too emotional as a player in my opinion I think she's pretty decent socially. But she would definitely rank low for me a as a winner in the Rachel,Jordan,Steve tier. I would not be mad with DX winning AFP, but I hope Claire gets some love.

The sad reality of this season is that the claims of “reverse racism” will have overshadowed any legitimate criticisms.

If it's a DF and Azah final 2 this would probably be my least favourite final 2 of all seasons. Probably above Adam and Ryan BB9, but I don't find either of them compelling as characters and I absolutely do not find them to be great players. I was really wanting to see Tiffany win but she really walked herself into 6th place by pissing off the cookout the week before. I won't be mad if X wins, I'll just be like hmm okay predictable. I'd rather Azah over DF to win, whilst she is too emotional as a player in my opinion I think she's pretty decent socially. But she would definitely rank low for me a as a winner in the Rachel,Jordan,Steve tier. I would not be mad with DX winning AFP, but I hope Claire gets some love.
Pretty much agree with all of that. Xavier has played a good game, but it is a boringly predictable outcome. He is the most deserving of the four remaining though but it also doesn't feel like he's really had to work to get to that point, although perhaps that is a sign of how good a game he was playing. Even being nominated 4 or 5 times in a row it didn't feel like he was ever at risk as the Cookout had such control of events he was never in genuine danger.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Xavier has played a good game, but it is a boringly predictable outcome. He is the most deserving of the four remaining though but it also doesn't feel like he's really had to work to get to that point, although perhaps that is a sign of how good a game he was playing. Even being nominated 4 or 5 times in a row it didn't feel like he was ever at risk as the Cookout had such control of events he was never in genuine danger.
Yes Xavier has pretty much been handed this game. If Azah of Big D fluke the final HoH and keep each other I will be utterly shocked. However I think Xavier is guaranteed to beat them both in part of the HoH or at the very worst part 2. He is literally one comp away from winning the show. Due to the fact of the cookout nominating duos I don't even think the nominations of each player this season is even measurable compared to other seasons. What I mean is people praise Derek in BB16 for never being nominated, however whilst Xavier has been nominated it was always with the intent of having Alyssa go and him just being there to not let Alyssa think he is involved with anyone else. It literally did not matter the entire season whether or not a cookout member was nominated as they weren't going home. Xavier has played well overall but he hasn't had to deal with much adversity to win. A lot of the players this season didn't get to showcase their full potential. I'd love to see DX, Claire, Tiffany and Hannah have the opportunity to play again. But I am disappointed overall really, I spent so much time binging the last 22 seasons in order to be able to experience BB23 live with the feeds and the discussions. But this was really so boring and uninteresting, there wasn't much to really talk about game wise. Hoping for better to come.

The sad reality of this season is that the claims of “reverse racism” will have overshadowed any legitimate criticisms.
Yeah I agree completely. Rather than any focus on needing to revamp the format to prevent dominant alliances from steamrolling will be completely overlooked due to the cook out alliance.

I think overall the franchise needed it but although The Cookout were a more enjoyable watch than the usual mega alliance steamrolling through the early weeks as viewers we suffered from their not being a major opposing force to it within the house.

In terms of production once again any twists or new comps were more about seeing the show through a few weeks than changing up the entire season or laying the foundations for a lasting change for future seasons and the Wildcard and High Roller Comps were just variations of previous things, whilst as usual by the second half of the season those things disappear for a fairly routine track to the finale. These last couple of weeks drag too - the way the endgame plays out anybody following the feeds basically knew last Saturday who was winning the game a week on Wednesday. The two hour special last week should have been the finale really - the series would have benefitted from being a couple of weeks shorter.

Will just throw a bit of praise in the direction of the producers for the crime scene comp - that was quite interesting and actually far more difficult than it first appeared. However I really think many of the returning comps we could do without every season - the only one I'd keep annually is OTEV, and that's because they change it up each year with a new character.

One thing I can say is overused and just not funny anymore is Zingbot. I don't think its necessary for me to continue speaking about why.

Absolutely. Hasn't been funny for years to be honest but feels so awkard when their putdowns are classic school yard bully stuff rather than witty and observed and it really goes against Julie's now weekly message of everybody being nice to everyone when stabbing them in the back to win $750k.

Oh Kyland... What a messy exit he had.

And then he topped it off by basically asking to be cast in All Stars 3 by the end of the interview. 😂

You just don't do that - ever, but especially on live TV. He is very lucky he didn't get punched, basically saying that because someone else voted him out that your nephew (with a recently deceased father) no longer has a role model is disgusting.

Well the last two episodes were all filler and no thriller. Only good content was the Cookout having a table discussion about their racism experiences and diversity amongst black people, something they really should have included in the episodes as they aired.

The show has confirmed Xavier won Part 1 of the HoH comp...

Part 2 was won by Azah. Somehow though Derek F has managed to talk himself out of a guaranteed final 2 by pissing off Azah to the extent she says she'll take Xavier over him. Probably knows she's loosing either way so better to lose to one of the best players of all time than to one of the worst.

Back