Skip to main content

TOKYO 2020

I am not a fan of the Olympics but all I will say is... Go ZVEREV! Gold, gold, GOLD!

6f1b74a127f88ef14c39eb3b63da10ad88541da3.gifv

I'm on the edge of my seat...I don't have very high expectations but I'm still excited!

I know the men's pursuit team got bronze but I wasn't able to watch it because work got in the way grrr! I know we lapped NZ but apparently something happened...I want to see the replay.

I know the men's pursuit team got bronze but I wasn't able to watch it because work got in the way grrr! I know we lapped NZ but apparently something happened...I want to see the replay.
I’m waiting for 7+ to upload to mini / replay. I want to see what happened as well haha.

I’m waiting for 7+ to upload to mini / replay. I want to see what happened as well haha.
Ok so now I’ve seen the race but am still none the wiser as to what happened. NZ rider fell ( I knew that) but why? Third guy was way off the wheel of the second guy and didn’t have a hope in hell of getting back on…NZ doomed from then on.

But well done Aussie pursuit team! I love pursuit riding SO much!

AND I’m glad Italy beat Denmark for gold!

I havent watched much at all. Apart from snippets of surfing and bollys run tonight and a few swims.
One sport I do enjoy but dont know the official name of. Its bike riding. When they basically lurch and cat and mouse for two or three laps then storm train home in the final lap. One v One. I used to love it for its absolute collusion of chess and athletics. One rider would sit on the shoulder of the other and basicsally crawl while they swapped positions. Loved it.

I havent watched much at all. Apart from snippets of surfing and bollys run tonight and a few swims.
One sport I do enjoy but dont know the official name of. Its bike riding. When they basically lurch and cat and mouse for two or three laps then storm train home in the final lap. One v One. I used to love it for its absolute collusion of chess and athletics. One rider would sit on the shoulder of the other and basicsally crawl while they swapped positions. Loved it.
Ironically it’s called the sprint haha! I’ve seen them come to a total standstill until one decides to take off and pedal like crazy to the line! Love it too!

Sounds more like tennis to me. 😂
For sure. Those are the sports I truly love. Whereas thinking, not just about reaction, but the immediate future thinking of that reaction is paramount. A fey argument can be made that is true for all sports. But its much ,more prevalent in some more than others. Why I used to love fencing when I learned it as a youngling. It was a real life star wars light sabre stuff. Literally. Cept without laser beams. Thinking. Anticipating. Atttacking. Blocking. Bluffing..
Cant see it in NRL tho. Theyve just got single minded vision to tunnel into backsides.

Australia has now equaled its best Olympics performance ever with 17 golds (same with Athens 2004).

I'm thinking we can go past that, hopefully starting with the hockey tonight! 🤞

Back