Skip to main content

TOKYO 2020

Great night of track & field...I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of ups and downs (DQs).

America per usual:
Dramatic Cry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Great work by the Aussie Eventing Jumping team for taking silver and Andrew Hoy with bronze in the individual.

Oh and how does your bike fall apart in a race resulting in you face planting into the track?

Was it faulty? Did the bike tech not put it together properly?

Anyway, good job by the pursuit team to come back and ride over five km and finish fifth in a 4 km race.

Hope they can get bronze.

Oh and how does your bike fall apart in a race resulting in you face planting into the track?

Was it faulty? Did the bike tech not put it together properly?

Anyway, good job by the pursuit team to come back and ride over five km and finish fifth in a 4 km race.

Hope they can get bronze.

I haven't seen it but it sounds nasty, I am sure the bike should be inspected for any possible sabotage? Or faulty component. But I reckon a bike that your just about to ride in an Olympic run would have been checked and tested many times over before it hits the track?

I don't know how these modern whiz bang bikes are designed and put together but I do remember working on my old BMX bike when I was younger, all that really holds the handlebars onto the main frame is one big bolt from the top which pulls onto a sort of wedged type peice of metal inside the lower part. If this bolt was loose your handlebars would just turn freely and it won't turn the front wheel properly at all.

I do remember racing around with my mate when I was younger on our BMX bikes and he tried to pull the front wheel up while he was riding with the handlebars, anyway all I saw next was he was holding the handlebars in his hands and they were no longer attached to the bike! lol! He was still moving straight then eventually just crashed onto the gravel road! ouch! He wasn't badly injured luckily just a few scratches and maybe a bruise here and there. We also didn't wear helmets back in those days, lucky he didn't hit his head hard on the ground when that happened! I think after that he made sure that top bolt was secured properly and tightly on the front handlebars!

Gutted for our Matilda's! Better result that the last time we played Sweden, but really thought we had a chance last night!
Hopefully we beat the Yanks for the Bronze!

That crash was absolutely crazy for the poor Aussie. I can't for the life of me figure out how handle bars just snap off like that!? Awful to watch, but fingers crossed for another bronze there!

3 AMAZING MATCHES LAST NIGHT!!!

I was glued to the TV all night, and thankfully they (almost) didn't overlap each other haha!

Couple of medal hopes today in the sailing and track events. Hopefully we pick up a few more gold.. This two day dry spell is seeing those Poms & the Russians close in on us on the medal tally! ;)

Back