Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sad now, Katie Hopkins would’ve made great TV. I know she’s a terrible influence.. that’s kinda the point of why she was casted. If you’re forking out big $ for celebrities, they may as well be celebrities who have the highest likelihood to return a nice amount of publicity from their casting.

I don’t agree with her flouting the quarantine rules especially during the delta outbreak but you really can’t deny she is brilliant viewing.
Either she came across as quite reasonable and even likeable on CBBUK, or maybe I'm getting dementia.

I never knew of her until she turned up on Media Watch. Like so many others I've never heard of who show up on Media Watch. Sometimes I wish they'd stop giving them even more airtime & exposure. :rolleyes:

I am heavily uninterested in this TBH. I will watch purely for curiosity. But all I am thinking is most of these celebs will be there purely and simply because they were asked and paid to be. I expect none if not very few of them to actual go into that house with any strategic plan that is both smart and actually fun to watch on TV. I fully expect this to be a gimmicky series of how much BB can embarrass celebrities and try to justify them being good game players.

The problem with 'Celebrities' is they have a brand to protect / market, so they won't play properly or make moves that could be seen to damage this.

The problem with 'Celebrities' is they have a brand to protect / market, so they won't play properly or make moves that could be seen to damage this.
Not necessarily. CBBUS wasn’t without its faults but on average the gameplay wasn’t much different than any regular series. The problem I see here is casting too many people that aren’t familiar with the brand and are just there for the paycheque. I get the feeling this is likely just going to add to the identity crisis the show currently has.

Am I right in thinking the US celebs plays to win for themselves rather than for charity? That's probably why it was more ruthless.

Generally speaking the pretence the UK version was for charity had long since disappeared but they just got appearance fees, with C5 often stupid enough to pay some little known American who was big on VH1 but never heard of in the UK tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, to appear on a show they didn't understand or care about winning. I think more than one they'd pay over £500k to the first evictee.

I don't think Australia has quite that culture of paying ridiculous fees for shows like this, but they still must be paying enough to attract people over. Presumably they'll play for a prize - perhaps $100k for charity or something.

Last edited:
So, back in 2013 or 2014, I recall a post made by a member here that loosely stated if Channel 7 ever got their hands on Big Brother it would become one of the worst versions of the show, and that we shouldn’t wish it away from Channel 9 so easily. This was long before such an idea was even a thought.

Well, to whoever that member was, wherever you are now... I would like to buy you a drink for predicting the future so accurately. (It’s only a shame you didn’t predict COVID-19 while you were at it.)

VIP in 7 opinion must = vile/idiotic/poisonous peeps
2 turds cast, and another one so vile she didn’t even get to the starting line

Who are the biggest Aussie turds they may cast?

VIP in 7 opinion must = vile/idiotic/poisonous peeps
2 turds cast, and another one so vile she didn’t even get to the starting line

Who are the biggest Aussie turds they may cast?
Ben Roberts-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back