Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 20 Discussion (2 June, 7:30pm)

What is your favourite supermarket?

• Coles

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Woolworths

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Aldi

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • IGA

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
I ended up in a dry county at a bluegrass and BBQ festival. First sober festival in a long time. we did not do our research.

How was it? Was it kind of boring? Or did you get that weird human observation experience when you're sober at something you're usually not?

Nothing more relaxing than your first beer or glass of wine after spending time in a country that has banned alcohol.

I ended up in a dry county at a bluegrass and BBQ festival. First sober festival in a long time. we did not do our research.
(cough) You didn't meet the right friends
1. They would already be drunk
2. Water is not in their water bottles lol

Brentbot gone, the Daniel and Jess rivalry now over. All their storylines seem to be slowly petering out. What do the writers have for us next?

Now for the important stuff. It was a close call but I went with Woolworths because I like their aesthetic of the store a bit more. But I could change my mind about it in the next day. There's not a lot of difference between the two major supermarkets for me. Plus I enjoy their self serve checkouts because I can get through them much more quickly than if I had to wait in line whilst the cashier has a five minute conversation with a customer about their bunions or the weather.

IGA to me is less varied product wise and a bit more expensive. And Aldi is just awful.

(Aldi is the only one that sells liquor in the store itself, all others have their bottle shops nearby but not in the supermarket itself.)
wait...you have bottle shops? They don't sell beer in grocery stores?
We have liquor stores (open later hours w/vast varieties of all sorts of hard liquor. We also have discount stores, where there's wine (2 buck chuck) & other sort of party supply stores
But all groceries in California for sure offer all sorts of liquor from shandy, rare British beers, all the way up to jolly expensive Champs lol

haha they don't bother w/the drinking
they show up drunk
(pity that part is the half of usa w/guns grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
I should say, they don't drink at church (well except for priests & those of us taking communion lol)
& no one's water bottle is H2O

Long term smokers literally have reduced ability to taste...
(Covid nurse from extended family of 100 physicians, 3 nurses & 2 dentists
Ex husband Brit, 3rd generation physician whose father & grandfather were knighted by her Magesty)
none of us have ever smoked (ex used to pretend to puff on a cigar lol)
Losing one's sense of smell or taste was an early clue that Covid was not an ordinary flu like virus
Even affter getting over Covid, we have an ever increasing pool of Covid long haulers w/serious derangement vis a vis all 5 (6?) senses especially cognitive
apologies for being too detailed
I do know some things albeit a newibie to the board 3 June is my montheversary LOL
Just watched 1st night of AGT (Simon well recovered from breaking his back) this is OTT but stunning
16 year old Aidan who taught himself to be an aerialist since he was 14 by youtube & pink
2 links, hope they are visible in Oz

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
How was it? Was it kind of boring? Or did you get that weird human observation experience when you're sober at something you're usually not?

Nothing more relaxing than your first beer or glass of wine after spending time in a country that has banned alcohol.
Never drank anything, tried a screwdriver at my friend's behest
tasted bad
10 miinute later, my face,, breasts Heck my whole body turned red & just burned off the alcohol
big waste of time trying to get me drunk
also, never tried drugs...cough...I'm normally um exhuberant
so coke would go by & friends wouldn't let me near it (we can't have you more excitable lol)
marijuana too...what is the point
my job works me until I pass out from prideful exhaustion
more people saved, fewer people dead winwinwin
lol
However, I'm the designated driver & good company for a car full of drunken friends

Back