Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

I’m about 3/4 of the way through episode 9... I’m enjoying Jack/Lisa together. They’re doing a much better job than Joyce. Although I’m sure anyone could do better than those two.

Disappointing painting game... It’s usually the most dramatic of the bunch and one I look forward to the most in each series. Severely lacking in the shade department.

This is quite easy to sit through four hours of. I do feel like though they could have done with an extra newbie or two before the end, or at least an extra blocking to actually encourage the game play towards the end. Just like Big Brother having too many in the final denies us of opportunities to people to turn on each other at the end - and this show certainly had an extra elimination in it gameplay wise at least.

There hasn't been much value IMO in keeping Jack and Lisa around - they've somehow managed to stick around despite a fairly uninteresting character, though only had to survive one elimination in the end.

SPOILER ALERT

Would like to see Trevor take the win, or Chloe. The final blocking was a bit pointless as despite the talk of head v heart they took out the one player who had absolutely no chance of winning, and somewhat lost my respect in the process.

P.S. This must be one of the few shows where the US version gives out a lower prize than the UK version.

This is quite easy to sit through four hours of. I do feel like though they could have done with an extra newbie or two before the end, or at least an extra blocking to actually encourage the game play towards the end. Just like Big Brother having too many in the final denies us of opportunities to people to turn on each other at the end - and this show certainly had an extra elimination in it gameplay wise at least.

There hasn't been much value IMO in keeping Jack and Lisa around - they've somehow managed to stick around despite a fairly uninteresting character, though only had to survive one elimination in the end.

SPOILER ALERT

Would like to see Trevor take the win, or Chloe. The final blocking was a bit pointless as despite the talk of head v heart they took out the one player who had absolutely no chance of winning, and somewhat lost my respect in the process.

P.S. This must be one of the few shows where the US version gives out a lower prize than the UK version.
I agree... A further blocking would have gone a long way in terms of driving the strategic storyline further.

It’s a huge disappointment seeing the last minute power grab fall apart. The Trifecta needed to string John along in order to succeed.

While it wasn’t the most exciting blocking I think the Super Influencer made a solid choice in terms of playing to win. Mitchell was never going to put River in the number one spot while the possibility of John doing so was much higher. Turning on Courtney wouldn’t have worked in his favour. Among the finalists Courtney really only had one solid ally while River possibly has two. This is clearly where a further blocking would have been interesting as it’s obvious the OG’s are all targeting OG’s and it would have been interesting to see which two would succeed.

IMO a catfish has to win this series. I’d prefer it be Trevor but could live with River. If it comes down to it Chloe is the only other player I could stand winning.

I eventually forced it to reload Netflix from the Get Help menu and the new eps appeared. No idea why it didn't just update the eps automatically. Have watched as far as the blocking and meeting and will watch the rest today.

Chloe, Trevor and River basically handing Courteney the win.
I don’t think so... Chloe’s number 1 is without a doubt Trevor and Trevor is a solid number 1 for Chloe.

I doubt John is going to change course and suddenly rate Courtney number 1 over their closer ally River (who they rated number 1 in the last rating).

No doubt Courtney is last for both Trevor and possibly Chloe.

River is Courtney’s only chance at securing that top spot while River has two possible top ratings.

John is the swing vote and I suspect that works more in Rivers favour than it does Courtney.

Here’s a hypothetical final ratings.

42FF2B6E-DE74-4402-A877-794143531616.jpeg
The lowest tallied score is the highest rated:
Chloe - 10
Trevor - 13
Courtney - 11
River - 8
John - 8

I think in a tactical rating John stands the highest chance of coming in second amongst all players and Trevor has the potential of being rated the lowest amongst a majority. River needs just one higher rating to tip the tables in his favour. John being an unremarkable newbie stands a greater chance of a lower rating by at least one other player.

Last edited:
This season seems to have come and gone really fast. Will be sorry to see it end having enjoyed this one just as much as the last UK The Circle. I think Chloe is a doll and I'd love to see her win.

This season seems to have come and gone really fast. Will be sorry to see it end having enjoyed this one just as much as the last UK The Circle. I think Chloe is a doll and I'd love to see her win.
At most one further episode to add another blocking prior to the final was all this series needed. The UK series can seem to lag just before the finals adding too many pointless newbies.

Also series 3 was a complete mess... Too many unnecessary twists, messing with the regular format, and bland players. I’m just glad we got one decent series out of the two.

Looks like the producers realised they leaned too heavily on twists for UK S3, since this was filmed afterward and they've stuck more to the regular format this time around. Hopefully it wasn't the result of some of the USA-based producers forcing the UK-based producer's hands so that we don't have a poor UK S4 like S3.

Lee/River would have been better off blocking Trevor I think.

This season turned out much better than it began. Jack and Lisa are much better together as John than they were as their original catfish.

I don't have a firm favourite so I don't mind who wins. At least if River hadn't blocked Mitchell I'd have someone to hate on.

I don’t think so... Chloe’s number 1 is without a doubt Trevor and Trevor is a solid number 1 for Chloe.

I doubt John is going to change course and suddenly rate Courtney number 1 over their closer ally River (who they rated number 1 in the last rating).

No doubt Courtney is last for both Trevor and possibly Chloe.

River is Courtney’s only chance at securing that top spot while River has two possible top ratings.

John is the swing vote and I suspect that works more in Rivers favour than it does Courtney.

I hope you are right.

Only thing that concerns me is a few of these people will vote strategically in that they will put the one they don't think will win as their number one. I think that played a bit of a factor in Joey winning last year.

Some people are douches in high school. Some continue that in adult life, but others learn as they grow older themselves so I never like judging people on their childhood. Their mistakes and actions in later life are a different matter - and would rather judge someone based on 8 hours of television than one photo from a few years back. Unlike the many problematic houseguests Big Brother USA has had in recent years there was nothing of concern here from Mitchell - and it's also important to remember reality TV can be a learning curve for people with outdated beliefs too. It was a pretty standard play in the early years to put a racist or homophobe in the house for them to learn first hand the error of their ways.

I don't think Mitchell had any disdain for Courtney based on that though. Worked out he was The Joker and a snake early on. Lol.

I don't think Mitchell had any disdain for Courtney based on that though. Worked out he was The Joker and a snake early on. Lol.
He never really reached out to either though, I think that says a lot.

But ofc that goes both ways.

Back