Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the rumours of Marthas (MAFS) mum being on the show are true. This woman from the promo looks like her

Attachments

• 5f14d3481b5eb26ac4580b53b4c550b17b4982fd_2_1200x674.jpeg.jpg
    5f14d3481b5eb26ac4580b53b4c550b17b4982fd_2_1200x674.jpeg.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210411-201613_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210411-201613_Instagram.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 12
Honestly I’m so pissed that they didn’t learn anything from last year. Not that I really expected them to, but what was the point of the longer filming duration if they were just going to air it in the same amount of time?

Even just one episode between evictions was too much.

Total bullshit.

In saying that, big challenges and an eviction every night...again...

I’m kinda glad I won’t be home in time to watch the premiere live now.

These people don’t realise they’re producing Big Brother, not Survivor.

They would never go back to that format as they would want it aired in 5 - 6 weeks at 3-4 episodes a week. Shortened versions seem to be working for them. Doing the same with The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.

They would never go back to that format as they would want it aired in 5 - 6 weeks at 3-4 episodes a week. Shortened versions seem to be working for them. Doing the same with The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.
Nope, that’s fine. But an eviction per episode is absolutely ridiculous. Even from a gameplay perspective, it’s completely nonsensical. There’s no relief. There’s no time to actually allow the gameplay to develop.

It also means they’ve filmed for longer, have more footage yet retaining a similar number of episodes - therefore cutting even more from the final edits than they did last year.

The show doesn’t know what it is and they’re simply producing something for the sake of $$$.

Remains to be seen if it works for DWTS - but also questionable if it works overall when they run a show like Big Brother for just 6-8 weeks and then have to fill another four weeks with flops like Ultimate Tag.

Back to the promos and how effective do you think the housemate tease ares - I kind of find the first couple intriguing but once they've done a few I'm just not interested.

It must be difficult to get any decent gameplay going when you have no idea how the edit will portray you.

Nope, that’s fine. But an eviction per episode is absolutely ridiculous. Even from a gameplay perspective, it’s completely nonsensical. There’s no relief. There’s no time to actually allow the gameplay to develop.

It also means they’ve filmed for longer, have more footage yet retaining a similar number of episodes - therefore cutting even more from the final edits than they did last year.

The show doesn’t know what it is and they’re simply producing something for the sake of $$$.
The main mistake was nominations immediately after the "HoH" challenge. It didn't allow for the usual deals and promises such shows require, and to be honest despite them trying to push the different sides of the house in the edit there was never any real fall out of people nominating other people.

Well unfortunately, that's the format that the network is going with. Unsure how else they could get through 20 contestants in the 21-22 episode format that they are going for. Not going to be too critical of it as it must be working for them if they renewed it.

Remains to be seen if it works for DWTS - but also questionable if it works overall when they run a show like Big Brother for just 6-8 weeks and then have to fill another four weeks with flops like Ultimate Tag.

Back to the promos and how effective do you think the housemate tease ares - I kind of find the first couple intriguing but once they've done a few I'm just not interested.

Yep. I mean shortened versions of Big Brother seem to be working for them. I guess the question is whether there is a thing as too much Big Brother? I don't think that a longer format would work in the current climate but that may just be me.

It just sucks.

All for change, but this doesn’t make sense from any perspective.

Don’t even get me started on still having viewers vote the winner after a season of housemate eliminations... especially when we still barely see them. Endemol Shine should be ashamed of signing off on the product.

I’m still convinced Lil (FlexMami) is the first evictee.
Noticed the bearded guy you thought was fine wasn’t there either. With 18 housemates in that diary room chair and Brenton, Flex and Bearded guy missing there are at least 21 housemates this season.

Brenton getting eliminated in the first few eps makes my eye candy go away and there is not really anything else going for it for me... 😔

Oh no I agree, thats what I liked in the "old school" Big Brother. I get evictions are apart of the game and I do like them, but not every day that the show is on. Once a week, let relationships form and show us those relationships, if they did that with this format even the show would be pretty brilliant.

I feel like live is just asking too much at this point, lets just ask for not evictions nightly. They can't say they don't have enough content.

When I was talking with some other random people last year when BB came back they were disappointed it wasn’t the old format and it was pre-recorded. They didn’t bother sticking with the new show. It wasn’t the same.

All these people who work in TV say “oh the old format wouldn’t work today and it would be boring” underestimate what viewers would like. The only reason people are tuning in is because of the name and I guarantee there was a lot of people who were disappointed the show changed so much. Us diehard fans are only sticking with the show because we loved the original series and hope it will improve.

I really do wish BB was like the old format again. Heck I’d be happy if it was just live, we got a new host (sick of Sonia) and had live eviction interviews.

^ the upcoming 20th anniversary of Big Brother Australia is making me all nostalgic and yearning at the moment for the old format. Starting so close to the original air date gives me the feels as well.

Noticed the bearded guy you thought was fine wasn’t there either. With 18 housemates in that diary room chair and Brenton, Flex and Bearded guy missing there are at least 21 housemates this season.

Brenton getting eliminated in the first few eps makes my eye candy go away and there is not really anything else going for it for me... 😔
The few housemates that clearly aren’t getting pre-season promo intros and airtime like the others have so far obviously means they’re likely set to leave early - which is a huge shame because they’ve all been the ones that have seemed the most naturally interesting to me in the promos so far. And we haven’t even seen them properly.

That says a lot.

Haven't they said they're holding back some of the Intruders a bit longer this time, so possible it may be the case some shots are before people arrive rather than after they leave, although logically the people you promote pre-launch would be the ones in there from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back