Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gretel would never do this. It’s not her thing. She knows Big Brother is a whole different thing now and Reality TV these days ain’t her vibe.

Gretel would never do this. It’s not her thing. She knows Big Brother is a whole different thing now and Reality TV these days ain’t her vibe.
To add to that wasn’t the reason she didn’t take up the presenting role again due to salary? Surly if they weren’t willing to pay her enough as host it’s unlikely they’d meet her demands as a HM.

I feel the same way about Gretel as a HM as I do about a former HM taking up the main hosting gig... It's a bit incestuous.

To add to that wasn’t the reason she didn’t take up the presenting role again due to salary? Surly if they weren’t willing to pay her enough as host it’s unlikely they’d meet her demands as a HM.
I don’t think Gretel is that motivated by money. I have been listening to her a lot lately in interviews and podcasts (She has a new fiction book out called “My Daughter’s Wedding”). Big Brother especially in this format is not her vibe. I am sure she would have been offered the upcoming reboot of “The Weakest Link” hosting role after that TV Tonight article highly recommended her (before the reboot was even greenlit) but she didn’t take it because she doesn’t want to play the mean host. I don’t think being on primetime TV regularly is something she wants to do anymore. She’s 58 now and she’s not going to do stuff she doesn’t want to. There is a reason she hasn’t fronted a TV show again (apart from the ABC’s “How Not To Behave” in 2015).

I'm more interested in the location / design of the new house than any of this VIP BB shit.

The only thing that's certain is the new house is somewhere in Sydney again. I read this in some news article. Sadly I was hoping it may have returned to somewhere in Queensland again where it all started. Looks like that won't be happening anytime soon... :(

Okay I'm going to take a guess at some of the celeb housemate types I think TPTB will be looking at casting. I think who they cast will really depend on whether the show is pre-recorded or live. If it is pre-recorded, I think they can afford to have some higher profile stars in there (atleast in Ch7 eyes, such as current Home and Away cast members), but if it was live I don't think this would be as feasible.

Let me know who you think would fit under these categories, or if I've left a housemate type off the list.

Older controversial/conservative Housemate
My guess - Steve Price

Young Male Eyecandy/Influencer
My Guess - Josh Heuston

Young Female Eyecandy

My Guess - Shanni Grimmond

Ex Soap Star
My Guess - Luke Jacobs

Ex Reality Star
My Guess - Angela from BB or Martha from MAFS

Singer
My Guess - Katie Underwood or Christine Anu

Flamboyant/gossip housemate
My Guess - David 'Robbo' Robinson (I would have said Joel Creasy but he has radio commitments)

90s Star Throwback (for that I miss my kids/where are they now moment)
My Guess - Bruce Samazan, or Totti Goldsmith

News Reader
My Guess - Sam Mac, Naomi Robson or Jessica Rowe

Comedian
My Guess - Anne Edmonds

If it's anything like Celebrity Big Brother UK I'll be more excited for this than the regular series. They might have to take some risks with the casting to keep it interesting though. If the dynamic between the celebrities is too happy and nice the audience might lose interest.

If it's anything like Celebrity Big Brother UK I'll be more excited for this than the regular series. They might have to take some risks with the casting to keep it interesting though. If the dynamic between the celebrities is too happy and nice the audience might lose interest.
It won’t be. If anything it’ll be more like the US Celebrity version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back