Skip to main content

...Holey Moley... it could be silly fun...

CheerfulAdeptJackal-size_restricted.gif

I just tried to watch it and gave up before the first adverts, it just didn't grab me.
Maybe in the evening after a couple of glasses of wine. I'll have to see.

We live next door to a golf club
No neighbours one side, just golf course
And no houses behind, just mor golf....and fantastic enormous trees
Bird life is awesome, flocks of cockies every night, and pretty parrot pairs ind the bottle brush
n snakes? hehe

I just tried to watch it and gave up before the first adverts, it just didn't grab me.
Maybe in the evening after a couple of glasses of wine. I'll have to see.

You will need more than a couple of glasses of wine.

How about a few vats of wine.

Switching to TAR live
This show is amusing, filler- watch bits in adds or if nil else on
Night after night is nuts, kids will love it
Kicked arse in ratings apparently, even beating MAFS rehash

Will flip to it when bored or during adds.....mainly because US guy made me laugh out loud, rare
Catching up on TAR now, much better show

Agree with you @kxk the show last night made me laugh but I'll be switching to TAR too. I'm not sure how much of Holey Moley I can take...good for a laugh every now and then but it may get old fairly quickly.

.Agree with you @kxk the show last night made me laugh but I'll be switching to TAR too. I'm not sure how much of Holey Moley I can take...good for a laugh every now and then but it may get old fairly quickly.

...evenin’ all... it seems to me that you are completely on the mark there Sephrenia... apparently it’s on tomorrow night too... I’m going out for dinner tomorrow night and will probably will miss it... I won’t even bother to do catch up with it... I might come into this thread whenever it’s on now and then but I doubt whether I’ll be here during EVERY show... it’s going to be that if there is nothing else on TV... I may watch it...

...I won’t be watching it tonight for instance because ‘Escape to the Farm’ and ‘Escape to the Chateau’ are on tonight and I’ll be watching them instead of ‘Holey Moley’... so no postings from me tonight or tomorrow night folks... but... maybe next week if there’s nothing else on lol!... until then... have fun... cheers.

I watched Holey Moley this evening, partly to see the sneak peak of Big Brother, and partly because i did not have anything else better to do, and i agree with you there.

I liked the concept (reality mini golf show), I liked the format (wipeout with golf balls), and I liked the competition structure (from 8 to 4 in the first round, from 4 to 3 in the second round, and from 3 to 1 in the third round).

Furthermore, judging by what i can see in the TV guide I like the sugar hit nature of the series (3 weeks of 3 episodes per week making 9 episodes in total of which 8 are competition and 1 is the grand final).

What i did not like is how the episode seemed to drag, in they could have condensed it down from 90 minutes to 60 minutes, by doing away with the cheesy "interviews with the shark", etc filler content.

In a nutshell, I would give Holy Moly a (B) Grade, for fun family entertainment, even though the show did drag on a bit longer than what i felt was enough for one sitting.

Holey Moley looking like an expensive ratings flop for 7. After premiering strongly at 975k, the show is already down to 543k for its 3rd episode.
It's a bit of a shame imo as the show IS good family entertainment. Shirvo and Riggle are quite funny, Sonia appears only occasionally and the actual game play is quite fast paced and engaging. BUT imo it's suffering because of overkill (three nights a week) and too long a format.

I watched a bit of an ‘encore’ episode.

I’m wondering when the first major injury will occur? They had a 71 year old slip and fall off the course accidentally, and setting people on fire?..? Where’s the OHS officer?!

Frankly I expect there to be at least one broken limb by series end.

Holey Moley now down to 469k (514k down from its premiere only a week ago). Now being beaten by The Amazing Race in both total viewers and demos.

Back