Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

I suspect he will try to do a lot but he is about to find the sicophants will turn on a dime when they know he no longer is the power player, and he will be blocked in doing most, if not all, of what he wants to do.
He's fired the Secretary of Defence. Apparently more to firings are too come and some resignations.

I think you'll find a few Republicans who are slowly backing away but it's clearly not as drastic as initially thought... Mitch McConnell just gave Trump his blessing today after seeming to distance over the weekend. Running away too quickly would expose just how spinless the party has been over the last 4 years. It's going to be a while before they can make a clean break from Trump.

He's fired the Secretary of Defence. Apparently more to firings are too come and some resignations.

I think you'll find a few Republicans who are slowly backing away but it's clearly not as drastic as initially thought... Mitch McConnell just gave Trump his blessing today after seeming to distance over the weekend. Running away too quickly would expose just how spinless the party has been over the last 4 years. It's going to be a while before they can make a clean break from Trump.
It wouldn't surprise me if he goes through a few more defence secretarys as they block him from doing the catastrophic.

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes through a few more defence secretarys as they block him from doing the catastrophic.
A replacement requires Senate approval which Trump is obviously not going to get before he relinquishes the presidency. The rush confirmation on Handmaid Coney-Barrett was an obvious special case.

A replacement requires Senate approval which Trump is obviously not going to get before he relinquishes the presidency. The rush confirmation on Handmaid Coney-Barrett was an obvious special case.
handy (and a relief) to know thanks :)

tenor.gif

Reactions: kxk
This whole thing could just backfire even worse on donnie and the only fraudulent votes they do manage to find are ones for him.

Back