Skip to main content

Today I ........

Checking the clock on the oven was the only way I knew which way they went as the phones and computers all did it automatically and my watch needs a new battery anyway!
Yeah it was kinda easier when nothing changed automatically. Now some do and the rest don't and it's a bit confusing.

No daylight saving here, but when Aus changes it makes me four hours behind instead of three, which makes watching Aus TV a bit more annoying. I suppose I could watch the Perth channels and only be out by one hour, but if it's something with a live thread on here (e.g. BBAU) I need to watch in Sydney time to participate in real time.

I would hope they went forward!
Oh yes!
I definitely had a brain freeze of a weakened. I didn't even remember it was a long weekend! Partially because I always have Monday's off, so public holidays pass me by. I just thought everywhere was busy because it's school holidays. I'm surprised I even knew it 's school holidays! 😂

So this is what my arm looks like...
Very cool, that'll set off some metal detectors! Did they show them to you before they were put in? I once applied for a job at a place that makes surgical implants. They were so intricate and quite beautiful really. I didn't get the job. Probably shouldn't have made the reference to borg implants, in hindsight.

Are they going to stay in, or are they just there until the bones have healed? Anyway, ouch! 💐
As far as I’m aware they are in there permanently. You should see the lovely scars I have from the surgery!
Very cool, that'll set off some metal detectors! Did they show them to you before they were put in? I once applied for a job at a place that makes surgical implants. They were so intricate and quite beautiful really. I didn't get the job. Probably shouldn't have made the reference to borg implants, in hindsight.
The operating Doctor mentioned what was being done prior to the surgery but I really had no idea what it looked like until today. Thank god I don’t fly as much as I use to... I can’t stand airport security as it is let alone having to have a secondary screening on a regular basis.

The operating Doctor mentioned what was being done prior to the surgery but I really had no idea what it looked like until today. Thank god I don’t fly as much as I use to... I can’t stand airport security as it is let alone having to have a secondary screening on a regular basis.
They're made out of surgical steel or titanium so they're very shiny and obviously precision-made. The x-ray doesn't do them justice.

Meanwhile I had an angiogram done recently and I should post the video of that. The DVD they gave me is only viewable with some Windows app so I need to fire up my old laptop for that and export/upload it. By some miracle my arteries got the all clear!

Ok so I finally edited my angiogram clips together. I had chest pain one morning so of course I went to hospital. I was especially motivated as a friend's neighbour had only recently gone to hospital with chest pain, returned home, and was found dead in his unit two days later. So I didn't feel like taking any chances. Two sleepless nights and US$1600 later I was fine and (fortunately) have nothing but this video to show for it. A stent would have cost a further $2700.

During a coronary angiogram, a type of dye that's visible by an X-ray machine is injected into the blood vessels of your heart. The X-ray machine rapidly takes a series of images (angiograms), offering a look at your blood vessels.

Behold my beautiful arteries!

OMG, that's amazing to look at! So did you find out what caused your pain? That's scary stuff!

OMG, that's amazing to look at! So did you find out what caused your pain? That's scary stuff!
Actually no, they didn't establish the cause of it all. May have just been bad heartburn, in which case that was a very expensive error of judgement on my part. But anyway it's good to know my coronary arteries are good to go. My eldest brother had a stent put in a couple of years ago, but he's 12 years older than me.

And BTW that's one of my nipple rings in the clips. Not trying to upstage Kingston's borg implants.

Actually no, they didn't establish the cause of it all. May have just been bad heartburn, in which case that was a very expensive error of judgement on my part. But anyway it's good to know my coronary arteries are good to go. My eldest brother had a stent put in a couple of years ago, but he's 12 years older than me.

And BTW that's one of my nipple rings in the clips. Not trying to upstage Kingston's borg implants.
😂 I wondered what that was!

Anyone doing the bird count/observation thing this week?
Here

If you are bored at home.......it is helpful for bird and nature boffins
They hope to track where some birds have ended up after the bushfires wiped out habitats etc

It is rather fun
We moved next door to a golf links, we get the advantage of huge beautiful trees all around us
And flocks of gorgeous cockies live there

Yeah it was kinda easier when nothing changed automatically. Now some do and the rest don't and it's a bit confusing.

No daylight saving here, but when Aus changes it makes me four hours behind instead of three, which makes watching Aus TV a bit more annoying. I suppose I could watch the Perth channels and only be out by one hour, but if it's something with a live thread on here (e.g. BBAU) I need to watch in Sydney time to participate in real time.
How do you watch Timmy, still via vpn & computer? Or do you have another method?

How do you watch Timmy, still via vpn & computer? Or do you have another method?
I watch on my TV using an Android box with Kodi installed, plus a Kodi add-on called IPTV AU. Can watch ABC/SBS channels without a VPN, and Seven/Nine channels with VPN. Just can't watch 10's channels any more as their geoblock is too cunning. So, no more live Survivor for me I guess :( but I'm open to suggestions.

I watch on my TV using an Android box with Kodi installed, plus a Kodi add-on called IPTV AU. Can watch ABC/SBS channels without a VPN, and Seven/Nine channels with VPN. Just can't watch 10's channels any more as their geoblock is too cunning. So, no more live Survivor for me I guess :( but I'm open to suggestions.
Danke. Can you watch them live or is it on-demand? Would this work in Europe, I hadn’t heard of Kodi before and am now furiously googling...

I can watch using my vpn but it is via my computer and is ondemand and whatever they stream, Which is not all stations I don’t think, so it’s not ‚tv‘ exactly.

Can you watch them live or is it on-demand? Would this work in Europe, I hadn’t heard of Kodi before and am now furiously googling...
Can watch all the channels live except 10's. You can install Kodi on your laptop. Bit of a learning curve, need to follow instructions to add repositories and add-ons. The repository with the IPTV AU add-on also has Pluto TV which has hundreds of channels. And you can add "IPTV Merge" to add the channels you want into an EPG so you can see what's on.

Can watch all the channels live except 10's. You can install Kodi on your laptop. Bit of a learning curve, need to follow instructions to add repositories and add-ons. The repository with the IPTV AU add-on also has Pluto TV which has hundreds of channels. And you can add "IPTV Merge" to add the channels you want into an EPG so you can see what's on.
Ah thank you Timmy. I will check it out.

Back