Skip to main content

The Voice 2020

I was abit upset to hear 9 had let the show go, I thought it went downhill season 4-6, but the last few seasons it was improving for me tbh.

Shame to hear 7 won't be doing the battles, favourite part of the format for me.

Hopefully some fresh blood to the judging panel, really hoping they aren't idol rejects etc, but that's looking like a most likely with stingy channel 7

The problem with 9's last few seasons was all the manufactured bullshit between Kelly & Guy, Kelly & George, etc that really felt fake and overdone. Back in the day when Delta & Jessie J had their beef, it felt somewhat real and passionate (and sometimes awkward to watch - Jessie was insufferable to our girl Delta!) but not overly scripted. Can't say the same about the last few seasons and I will be glad to see the back of George & Kelly to be honest. The focus needs to shift back to the singers and their talent (minus the sob stories). 7 won't do it justice though, they're the worst of the 3 for reality tv shows.

I will also miss the battles, they're definitely the best part.

Side note: The sass from Channel 9's statement had me dying - “Unfortunately due to the age of the show and its declining demographic profile, The Voice had become by far the poorest financial performer on our slate. We wish Seven well in their quest to revive yet another Nine show.”

Last time they went with the Usher rumour, we got Joe Jonas... A big no to Adam Lambert either please.

Maybe we will get Nick this time?

Joe was such a good coach though. They should bring him back. Didn't he leave because of the fighting? (particularly Kelly?)

Last edited:
Personally I really like George and Kelly - but I think the appeal of the judges is always going to vary from person to person based on their upbringing and music tastes. For me, I was in high school at the peak of destiny’s child and absolutely loved them as well as Kelly when she went solo - so I am bias. I don’t know the Jonas brothers or their music so when whichever one (ones? Were they both on?) was a judge I didn’t care for at all. I love delta but think she needs a rest, and I also really like guy but I feel like he’s not been himself on the voice vs on the X factor.

He is the best. Incredible talent. Amazing Queen front man in his own right. And a terrific judge. He was judge on Australian X Factor and mentored Isaiah Firebrace who is one of the few X Factor alumni who have stayed somewhat active in the music industry post show.

I’ve still got chills thinking about the Queen set at the Fire Relief concert earlier this year. I went to both it and the Queen concert the night before. He is truly incredible live. Breathtaking!!!

Great summer songs
SUCKER the latest, and oh I love CAKE BY THE OCEAN
(Funny story he tells, inspiration for Cake makes him laugh, fellow musicians from exotic climates
trying to remember westerners sayings....grasping for sex on the beach, came up with the cake line

Great summer songs
SUCKER the latest, and oh I love CAKE BY THE OCEAN
(Funny story he tells, inspiration for Cake makes him laugh, fellow musicians from exotic climates
trying to remember westerners sayings....grasping for sex on the beach, came up with the cake line

He's great but I think Nick is a better singer. Each to their own though. 😆

Reactions: kxk
tenor.gif

Back