Skip to main content

I’m A Celeb! (2021) - Articles

Would seem silly not to film it in the same location as the Brits. The infrastructure would already be there!
Hopefully being filmed in Australia would mean some solid celebs. Chris Hemsworth anyone? ;)

Yas Hemsworth. It’d probably be the older brother 😂
I do expect better celebs for this show considering there legit is not much else to do!

NSW North Coast may not seem exotic enough to Oz audiences.

At least we shouldn't have to put up with any US blow ins.

Ultimately like Survivor not sure the location means that much. These are slick operations where the needs of the show have long replaced what the local environment may offer naturally. Basically they need a camp site, a challenge area and a hosting area. The rest is just dressing.

Ultimately like Survivor not sure the location means that much. These are slick operations where the needs of the show have long replaced what the local environment may offer naturally. Basically they need a camp site, a challenge area and a hosting area. The rest is just dressing.

I honestly think parts of Australia would be a better backdrop than South Africa. I mean, they barely show any animals, and Australia have some pretty spectacular rainforests, rivers and gorge’s...

Reactions: kxk
I'm curious about who will be cast for the next season. Has there been any speculation or rumours yet? Charlotte was my favourite this year.
Nothing yet but they’re reeeeallly gonna have to keep it all under wraps OR they might have a different tact like the UK where everyone knows who goes in before launch?

Nothing yet but they’re reeeeallly gonna have to keep it all under wraps OR they might have a different tact like the UK where everyone knows who goes in before launch?

If it's an interesting cast it might actually be good buzz if we at least know of a few before it airs.

Looks like this is going to be pre-recorded in November / December too 😭

I never thought we’d see the day but I think we are witnessing the death of “Live TV” in Australia. COVID is being used as the excuse but I can’t see Networks wanting to go back. It will be easier for them to pre-record. And they seem to like it that way.

I really thought “I’m A Celeb” would be the exception to this pre-recording route we are heading towards. (Thought Big Brother would never be pre-recorded either but that happened)

Only reality show I can think of that is live now is “Love Island Australia” but next season could be decided to pre-record as well.

I can’t help but think I’m A Celeb will suffer for pre-recording. The public won’t be able to decide who participates in the Tucker Trials. The Campmates are going to vote each other out? We have all seen with Big Brother this year what happens when the cast gets to decide who gets booted. Becomes very predictable and anyone who doesn’t fit in the camp or is a troublemaker will be first to go.

I think Chris and Julia’s skits will be somewhat affected as well. They can’t really talk or make fun about “current events” and gauge what the public are thinking.

I just wish they'd be honest about it. The time difference means you might film 24 hours earlier, not 2-3 months. I wonder if it is more about the availability of the site - it sounds like they'd basically slipping into the slot the UK would use, and I think Germany usually film in January and maybe they still have some hope that might be able to happen.

If that's the case though Ten could do worse than just air it in November instead - they've not got much else to fill the schedules out till the end of the year.

Reactions: kxk
Nobody ever wants to hear more from Ben Norris do they?

Germany have now confirmed they're filming their version on the North Wales site in January so that surely removes the last barrier to the Australian version filming in January and airing live. Well, other than COVID of course.

The Official Insta no longer mentions a renewal for 2021. I wonder if they’ve scrapped it?

Back