Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Can you elaborate on what the hypocrisy is in context of this discussion? Otherwise it just looks like you've lost the argument.

Losing an argument? Oh nooo, that would be awful.

If you take Daniel Andrews to task for his failures, then it would be hypocritical of you not to do the same to Trump.

You said "...but if we are holding Dan to accountability, then we need to hold Trump to accountability for what he is responsible for (timely and strong border control, unifying messaging, not suggesting dangerous medical solutions that not only do not work but are actually life threatening in themselves)."

Why do people holding Dan accountable need to do the same with Trump? We can scrutinise and criticise Trump but the public health decisions made in the country he leads do not apply to ours. I do not understand the "need" aspect to your post.
If you are basing your whole argument on the word need then its a pretty weak argument. If we are going to go down this line of logic then why do I need to hold Dan to accountability? I don't live in Victoria.

Losing an argument? Oh nooo, that would be awful.

If you take Daniel Andrews to task for his failures, then it would be hypocritical of you not to do the same to Trump.

There are many leaders who have made mistakes during the pandemic. Does it make someone a hypocrite to criticise one but not every single other flawed leader, every time? That would be a ridiculous expectation.

There are many leaders who have made mistakes during the pandemic. Does it make someone a hypocrite to criticise one but not every single other flawed leader, every time? That would be a ridiculous expectation.

It would be if they come up in discussion.

But it is flawed to say someone is not at fault at all for what has happened in thier country when clearly they are.

If you are basing your whole argument on the word need then its a pretty weak argument. If we are going to go down this line of logic then why do I need to hold Dan to accountability? I don't live in Victoria.

Always finding yourself in arguments, aren't you Isee? Lol.

You don't need to whatsoever, however the public health response in a neighbouring state has the potential to be a lot more influential than the response from a leader in another country that is geographically separated from us.

Why do you think there have been state border restrictions in this country?

You don't need to whatsoever, however the public health response in a neighbouring state has the potential to be a lot more influential than the response from a leader in another country that is geographically separated from us.

Why do you think there have been state border restrictions in this country?
But I have been criticised in this very thread time and time again for being a looney left who apparetnly is not holding Dan to account (which is an inaccurate statement but it has been said). So it is very much the expectation that I need to be doing that.

But I have been criticised in this very thread time and time again for being a looney left who apparetnly is not holding Dan to account (which is an inaccurate statement but it has been said). So it is very much the expectation that I need to be doing that.

I have not referred to you as being "looney left" in this thread.

Back