Skip to main content

If You Were Ever Cast on Big Brother, What Strategy Would You Use To Make It To The End?

I think the key would be to go with the flow, slide under the radar for the first few weeks. Try not to be disliked, see where you land with the groups. Try to not be a threat and only start to make moves around the midpoint, but be subtle.
I don't know how I'd play it for the home audience, I'm not a prick and generally likable and funny. I think the best I could do would be someone generally liked but not hugely like or disliked.
I'm just honestly try my best in the challenges, see how it goes.
I am confident that the majority of the home audience in the end put likability over antics. We can be funny and display a sense of humour without having to act stupid and over the top. When it comes down to it, people also can distinguish between genuineness and pretence.
Being sincere is the super power in this competition.

I am confident that the majority of the home audience in the end put likability over antics. We can be funny and display a sense of humour without having to act stupid and over the top. When it comes down to it, people also can distinguish between genuineness and pretence.

Although from past seasons, people have seemed to like stupid humour. People making funny faces.

Trevor was meant to be hilarious, yet all he did was occasionally hide behind a pot plant and jump out to scare people.

You can count on me to not hold back! If there is a spade, I will totally call it.

Also I would like to have a lot of confessionals explaining how blind everyone else is and that me and an ally I have are playing them like puppets.

getting in a relationship with someone has gotten at least half of our winners so far, so find the least annoying person of the opposite sex and start snoggin
who could forget the beautiful romance between Terri and Corey Worthington
tru luv 4eva <3

who could forget the beautiful romance between Terri and Corey Worthington
tru luv 4eva <3

tenor.gif

I’m a secret assassin or what they’d call a “floater” in BBUS. This strategy involves a lot of keeping your eyes open and your mouth shut (despite my outspokenness on the forum it’s something I’m more than capable of) and in the early stages following the power as it shifts through the house. The players that have used this strategy well usually have one or two people they’re loyal to and seize power when it actually matters. The winners with the best reputation have pretty much all leveraged this strategy to varying degrees.

I’m a secret assassin or what they’d call a “floater” in BBUS. This strategy involves a lot of keeping your eyes open and your mouth shut (despite my outspokenness on the forum it’s something I’m more than capable of) and in the early stages following the power as it shifts through the house. The players that have used this strategy well usually have one or two people they’re loyal to and seize power when it actually matters. The winners with the best reputation have pretty much all leveraged this strategy to varying degrees.

I honestly think BBUS/Canada have a far better game to plan for with the whole HOH-Veto structure. There's ways you can leverage your skills in ways that don't exactly click with the way the Australian format is made up because I don't think BBAus really has the same power divide dynamics that emerge within BBUS. Maybe in time it will, but it seemed to be more duo-focused.

I always felt like my strategy for Survivor is a winning one, so I would take a similar approach to BB - get myself into a solid alliance of five or six where I sit within the middle hierarchically, but present myself outwardly as the bottom of the totem pole. That way, I become the person that people go to when it comes to power swings, but I continue to feed this information to my alliance in a display of loyalty to maintain their trust so I can continue to play that way. If a power shift is taking place that actually favours me, then I jump ship. But I continue to ride or die with my group if not. And as its coming down to my alliance in the endgame and I'm in a solid position where I'm not on the bottom nor at the top, then when the remaining players of the minority are approached as swing votes, I'm not targeted as the "weak link", nor as "the head of the snake" and I can start playing people off each other.

You dont think thats ever been tried before? A novel approach? LOL
Strategy mindset and beforehand thought out tactics are largely useless.
Its the keeping of a long game in mind but adapting on the fly. Without seeming to do so.
There is no mystery here. No magic proven solution.
Adapting and reading the fluid movements of the dynamics is the key.
And you have to have the natural propensity of being likeable.
Dunno if you have that since Ive seen youve been banned on a bb forum.
Think Ive got you covered quite comfortably.
But. Let the games begin Mr "im confrontational on forums but would modify my approach in a real life setting."
You are great value Kingston. You make me laugh and its why I enjoy this forum. Many thanks.

Mickey. I just take affront at someone believing they have the key elements.
Not even affront really. Giggling.
Lets be brutally honest. In whatever format, lady luck is the predominant denominator.
The fun is us individually thinking from afar we can manipulate purely by our own precious ingenious design.

I'd be sure to try and explain my game moves to the audience in the diary room through the use of pie charts and puppetry. Only to find out when the show airs that ninety four percent of my strategy talk has been cut from the show.

You dont think thats ever been tried before? A novel approach? LOL
Strategy mindset and beforehand thought out tactics are largely useless.
Its the keeping of a long game in mind but adapting on the fly. Without seeming to do so.
There is no mystery here. No magic proven solution.
Adapting and reading the fluid movements of the dynamics is the key.
And you have to have the natural propensity of being likeable.
Dunno if you have that since Ive seen youve been banned on a bb forum.
Think Ive got you covered quite comfortably.
But. Let the games begin Mr "im confrontational on forums but would modify my approach in a real life setting."
You are great value Kingston. You make me laugh and its why I enjoy this forum. Many thanks.

After 20 years of the show there really isn’t a strategy that I can think of that has already been used... Which is the reason they now rely heavily on twists to keep the format seeming fresh. Obviously you can’t predict what’s going to happen but having at least a general idea of how you want to play is key.

As for likability... Bitch please! What you know of me is extremely limited. I am likeable...

Mickey. I just take affront at someone believing they have the key elements.
Not even affront really. Giggling.
Lets be brutally honest. In whatever format, lady luck is the predominant denominator.
The fun is us individually thinking from afar we can manipulate purely by our own precious ingenious design.
It came across as more of a personal attack than anything else, tbh. I'm not trying to get step into a conversation that I obviously haven't been involved in, but I saw this and feel like I want to call it out. I fail to see how Kingston's post was any different to all fifty other posts in this thread.

He was merely stating the approach he would take in a hypothetical version of the game - which is precisely what this thread is asking for - and was rather frank and honest in his response, too. Obviously unpredictability is a major element of the BB game, that goes without saying. But your pointed retort was rather uncalled for, and if you're going to pinpoint a specific post I'd expect you to say the same thing to half the other members posting in this thread.

After 20 years of the show there really isn’t a strategy that I can think of that has already been used... Which is the reason they now rely heavily on twists to keep the format seeming fresh.

As for likability... Bitch please! What you know of me is extremely limited.
Mate. What Im trying to say is that I find it extremely humerous for anyone, not just you, to adopt a "winning strategy".
Now. Its only my opinion, and you can have a preset kinda gameplan, but its not till you meet your housemates and interact till anything meaningful in the game can happen. Reading people. Adaptability. Picking up social cues and detecting social relationships is the paramount skill.
And I never would call you a bitch. We are just musing. I know nothing of you as you know nothing of me.
But one of us have been banned from this forum.
So likeability factor maybe in dispute from your approach.

It came across as more of a personal attack than anything else, tbh. I'm not trying to get step into a conversation that I obviously haven't been involved in, but I saw this and feel like I want to call it out. I fail to see how Kingston's post was any different to all fifty other posts in this thread.

He was merely stating the approach he would take in a hypothetical version of the game - which is precisely what this thread is asking for - and was rather frank and honest in his response, too. Obviously unpredictability is a major element of the BB game, that goes without saying. But your pointed retort was rather uncalled for, and if you're going to pinpoint a specific post I'd expect you to say the same thing to half the other members posting in this thread.
Jokes and jibes dear fellow. I have neither the aggression or need to "Attack" others. Ever.
Look and delve into my post history. Im about fun and gentle ribbing. Ive never been overtly agressive to anybody.
Probably stands in me good stead that I have never been banned.

Back