Skip to main content

The 2021 host

Yes, even Sonia just meeting the evictee at the door with a couple of stand up questions would be better and take up no more airtime than the car interviews.

I think we can excuse Skype being used on Eye Spy this year but makes no sense they seemed to let some insiginificant website have post-show interviews and despite having two shows only managed a few minutes with each evictee in a short show once a week. Whatever happens with the main show they need to expand Eye Spy so it airs after every eviction with at least a few minutes with the evictee. Add in the full vote and a couple of unseen clips and you're soon up to the 20 or so minutes of footage needed for a commercial half hour show.

Yes, even Sonia just meeting the evictee at the door with a couple of stand up questions would be better and take up no more airtime than the car interviews.

I think we can excuse Skype being used on Eye Spy this year but makes no sense they seemed to let some insiginificant website have post-show interviews and despite having two shows only managed a few minutes with each evictee in a short show once a week. Whatever happens with the main show they need to expand Eye Spy so it airs after every eviction with at least a few minutes with the evictee. Add in the full vote and a couple of unseen clips and you're soon up to the 20 or so minutes of footage needed for a commercial half hour show.

How did that car interview actually work? Was there someone in the car asking them questions? But yes i agree the eye spy show should be expanded and available as soon as the main show finishes.

How did that car interview actually work? Was there someone in the car asking them questions? But yes i agree the eye spy show should be expanded and available as soon as the main show finishes.
Allan, Kieran and Hannah revealed on an online video that it was all for show - they were put inside the car immediately after exiting the house then driven around in circles, up and down the driveway, for over 90 minutes. A producer would interrogate them on-camera for the full hour-and-a-half, but only 20 seconds of their audio was used on the show. Then the HMs were dropped off at a hotel and that’s it.

Allan, Kieran and Hannah revealed on an online video that it was all for show - they were put inside the car immediately after exiting the house then driven around in circles, up and down the driveway, for over 90 minutes. A producer would interrogate them on-camera for the full hour-and-a-half, but only 20 seconds of their audio was used on the show. Then the HMs were dropped off at a hotel and that’s it.

It seems this entire season was about over producing content, to use very little of it in the final edit.

A full 90 minutes!! Gee this show has been really going for spontaneity. I wonder how many times the producers said "cut" and "it's a wrap" and "take 2" during some of the scenes tbh.

I fail to see how this is any different from the live format? Nominated HMs would spend hours in the diary room each weekend where BB would coax useable lines for their exit packages (and record farewell messages).

The show has always been hyper-produced. The live era was not as pure as some would make it out to be.

I fail to see how this is any different from the live format? Nominated HMs would spend hours in the diary room each weekend where BB would coax useable lines for their exit packages (and record farewell messages).

The show has always been hyper-produced. The live era was not as pure as some would make it out to be.
Sorry @sirspankalot but this is a ridiculous statement to make. To even compare the two is nonsensical. They’re completely different ballparks.

That really is the difference. Yes, the shows were edited but as you say it was left up to us to interpret what we saw, rather than being spoonfed the storylines and characters the producers wanted us to see.

No live feed means no accountability for producers. For years any complaint about editing could be countered by the fact the show was streaming 24/7, so the opportunity was there for viewers to see what really happened even if it didn't make it to the main show.

Allan, Kieran and Hannah revealed on an online video that it was all for show - they were put inside the car immediately after exiting the house then driven around in circles,
Just on a related, overproduced reality show tip, on the US Apprentice, all the scenes of them being driven off in the car after being "fired" are shot on a single night, one after another, at the start of the season's taping. This was particularly noticeable in one season I watched where it was raining every single time someone got fired.

Exactly. Nobody would claim the show was perfect back in the day, but instead of improving, it has gradually deteriorated.
Directly proportionate to attention spans of viewers. Its not even dumbing down anymore.Its reached its nadir surely. Its dumbed down. Surely theres no more dumb to go?
Probably is though.
I await the masked renovator cooking on an ice rink.

Directly proportionate to attention spans of viewers. Its not even dumbing down anymore.Its reached its nadir surely. Its dumbed down. Surely theres no more dumb to go?
Probably is though.
I await the masked renovator cooking on an ice rink.
I didn't wanna say it. Too many wee ones get triggered, start crying and end up in therapy, leaving their parents to foot the bill.

I didn't wanna say it. Too many wee ones get triggered, start crying and end up in therapy, leaving their parents to foot the bill.
Dont just think its a specific generational thing . Dross served up now has conditioned people for lighter and lighter popcorn in the reality sphere.
Internet, cable and streaming as competition furthers this imo.Its a click on click off culture.

Dont just think its a specific generational thing . Dross served up now has conditioned people for lighter and lighter popcorn in the reality sphere.
Internet, cable and streaming as competition furthers this imo.Its a click on click off culture.
There is that. Still, it's the younger generation the whole entertainment industry targets. The reason is obvious, the younger they are, the easier they are to manipulate. Many older people lose there attention span but that's part of the aging process. I doubt that they were ever as incapable of concentrating than gen xyz (?) whatever we are up to now.

Tests have shown that the young ones have a concentration span of no more than seven seconds. Accordingly the music industry instructs their would-be singers, 'composers' and producers to churn out songs were the hook is placed at the very beginning of the song. This insures that the interst of the listener is trapped and new productions are sold.

Back