Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 11 Discussion (29 June)

While the housemates were all boxed in during last night's episode, are you all boxed out now?

• Yes, I hate boxes.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No, I love boxes.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Maybe, Boxes can be both good and bad depending on the context.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo! They show needs to be filled with loud, brash, colorful personalities. Not this good boy from Box Hill, or sweetheart pharma rep from WA crap.

Didn’t go well enough for Allan did it? Usually they are some of the first evicted.

They need to cast more housemates that look like Chad. Personalities like Daniel and Talia.

Didn’t go well enough for Allan did it? Usually they are some of the first evicted.

They need to cast more housemates that look like Chad. Personalities like Daniel and Talia.
That's the problem with casting too many passive HM's though. Allan may have gone further if there were others like him in the house, that's the problem with the casting, the producers want to get "one of each" walks of life. Allan played too hard too openly too quickly, he needed others in there that thinks similar.

That's the problem with casting too many passive HM's though. Allan may have gone further if there were others like him in the house, that's the problem with the casting, the producers want to get "one of each" walks of life. Allan played too hard too openly too quickly, he needed others in there that thinks similar.

Casting one type of personality though goes against the point of the show in my opinion. It’s a social experiment. People from all walks of life are needed. Not only those outspoken or passive.

There should be more outspoken personalities and less passive people who somehow get far in the show without having much impact.
Yeah but the loud outspoken ones in auditions don't necessarily translate to loud outspoken in the house. Just look at Hannah for example. I'm sure there are plenty that talk a big game in auditions then turn into pot plants once they're inside the house ala Casey.

Ethnic cleansing- Educated assertion?
Kinda demerits real instances of horrible ethnic cleansing in history.
In no way should this ever be compared to a reality show.

Ethnic cleansing happens in various forms every day.

Trying to brush off the small stuff and equating racism to only explicit, shocking things is part of the problem.

I hope the producers consider the reaction to this season when casting for 2021.

There should be more outspoken personalities and less passive people who somehow get far in the show without having much impact.
I think those applying will also have the advantage of actually seeing the new format in action before competing too, whereas the current HMs can’t be fully blamed for not really being the brightest gameplayers or knowing what to expect.

I mean they still get dressed up for evictions like they’re meeting a crowd afterward.

Ethnic cleansing happens in various forms every day.

Trying to brush off the small stuff and equating racism to only explicit, shocking things is part of the problem.
Im not brushing off anything. I just see danger in using such terms for a reality show. The racist overtones may or may not be there depending on your perspective. There is no evidence of such to 100% determine. Now if we heard conversations directly implying such, fair enough. Ethnic cleansing as such when identified, is identified irrefutably.

I think those applying will also have the advantage of actually seeing the new format in action before competing too, whereas the current HMs can’t be fully blamed for not really being the brightest gameplayers or knowing what to expect.

I mean, everyone applied knowing that the new format would lean into strategy and the chosen housemates all read the same rule book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back