Skip to main content

All Stars in 2021? - Wish List & Discussion

New Idea have picked up on your idea Theo.

Other way around really. As I said, the catalyst for this thread was because it’s a topic being discussed in the media a lot lately:
Look, this has mainly popped up because the idea is being mentioned a fair bit in the media recently.

Obviously not reliable sources - but I know Sonia was posed the question recently (can't recall where), and one of the morning show programs have mentioned the possibility on numerous occasions when discussing the new season. The "Who do you think should be on a BB: All Stars?" is being asked to numerous HMs past and present on a certain nightly blog at the moment too. So naturally, it's a concept that is clearly being considered by multiple parties and that's really where the theory has derived from.

I have my doubts on this, on the basis that network's can be a bit funny about the same series on other networks. For example, Australian Survivor was on another network in the early 2000's, but 4 years ago it was remodeled to the US format, and Channel 10 has never made any mention of those old seasons and will not recognize them.

Another thought - might there be a world in which Seven decides to amalgamate the concept and produce a “fans vs faves” type scenario? New HMs combined with former HMs, rather than a strict All Stars season.

Another thought - might there be a world in which Seven decides to amalgamate the concept and produce a “fans vs faves” type scenario? New HMs combined with former HMs, rather than a strict All Stars season.
I think a ‘celebrity’ version with a few ex-hms is the most realistic expectation. There are a lot of D-Grade celebs / comics / performers with very little work atm.

Rumours swirling around that former housemates will be apart of the next series in 2021. I'd hazard a guess it'll be 10 All Stars and 10 new housemates.

Who do we think are most likely to get a call? I'd actually be keen to see this format. Will be very interesting to see which housemates return. Hopefully not Kieran or Daniel, only Angela would be worthy from this season. Paul Dyer should be an absolute lock as should Tim Dormer, would love to see Paul and Tim interact. Ben Zabel, Tully and Tahan would all garner interest from the producers from the 9 era I reckon as would Skye. Not sure anyone from 2012, Ben Norris seems locked in with the Blackbox broadcast. Iconic housemates like Sara-Marie, Vesna and Reggie probably all get a call and Nathan from 2002 is also thereabouts. Chrissie and Fitzy may be too famous for it. Farmer Dave, Anna and Camilla the most likely from 2006 and hopefully Michael too, Zach or Alesisha from 2007 and would Terri, Brigette or Nobbi get a call from 2008? Producers loved the content those three delivered at the time.

Most likely in my opinion from each season would be the following former housemates:

2001: Sara-Marie, Pete Timbs, Johnnie Cass
2002: Nathan
2003: Reggie, Chrissie
2004: Trevor, Fitzy, Paul(I don't think Bree would go in because she works in casting for Channel 7)
2005: Vesna, Tim Brunero, Hotdogs
2006: David, Camilla, Anna, Michael(Simply due to him playing a modern game in the old format but still a massive stretch)
2007: Aleisha, Zach
2008: Terri, Brigitte, Nobbi
2012: Ben, Layla, Estelle, Michael
2013: Tim, Jade, Tahan, Ben, Tully, Drew
2014, Skye, Priya, Travis, David
2020: Angela, Kieran, Daniel, Soobong(Wishful thinking)

I could definitely see them wanting to put Tully and Drew back in and promoting the shit out of that. I think Paul Dyer and Vesna are an absolute must as watching them in interviews recently they are just as captivating as they were 15+ years ago. I think they'll want iconic housemates that the general public will really remember, Sara-Marie for bumdance, Reggie for being most loved housemate, Fitzy for being Fitzy, Hotdogs because everyone seems to remember him, Tully and Drew for their romance, Tim Dormer as such a massive figure on the show, Angela for being most talked about this season ect. They could use farmer Dave as the first person to come out as gay on reality TV, Anna for the game on moles that is now imbedded in reality TV folklore.

I think my picks personally would be

Sara-Marie
Reggie
Vesna
Camilla
Tahan
Nathan
Paul Dyer
Tim Brunero
Michael McCoy
Tim Dormer

It was hard picking the girls because I'd love to have Anna, Brigitte, Tully and Angela on again. I think Skye would be a shoe-in to be honest with her social media following.

They won't do an All Stars or Fan v Faves format. We're not even one series into the new gen, and the majority of past housemates are in different life stages and were cast a long time ago based on an entirely different format/house conditions. What appealed to the public about these people way back when probably won't transfer well into the current game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Celeb is the best you can hope for, where you might luck into one or two past HMs at best. Queen Ange and Nikki Graham?

They won't do an All Stars or Fan v Faves format. We're not even one series into the new gen, and the majority of past housemates are in different life stages and were cast a long time ago based on an entirely different format/house conditions. What appealed to the public about these people way back when probably won't transfer well into the current game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Celeb is the best you can hope for, where you might luck into one or two past HMs at best. Queen Ange and Nikki Graham?

It's the 20th anniversary next year, so I can see them doing an All Stars. Have you seen the ratings for this years All Stars Masterchef? They are way up on last year. I reckon if 7 did an All Stars the ratings would inch close to the million mark.

I can honestly say I've no desire really to see any of the old HMs back again. Most from the Ten era will all be about 15 years older, so not the characters we remember them as, whilst of the Nine crew only Tim is worth bringing back but I feel we've seen his act already anyway (twice if you followed him on BB Canada).

If Seven want this new era to succeed they need to prove it can hold down a second season with new housemates in this new format. If they're going for All Stars already they really are in trouble.

That's not how television works.

That is exactly how television works these days. The main tv stations look at what kind of shows are succesful on the other 2 networks and then try to copy them. Hence the many dating shows on 7 in the last 2 years. Plus 7 creating House Rules as a result of The Block's success and also creating MKR due to the success of Masterchef.

That is exactly how television works these days. The main tv stations look at what kind of shows are succesful on the other 2 networks and then try to copy them. Hence the many dating shows on 7 in the last 2 years. Plus 7 creating House Rules as a result of The Block's success and also creating MKR due to the success of Masterchef.

And just think of the ratings for an all star season!

Looking like next year will potentially be 10 all stars and 10 new peops. Ange, Priya, Tim Brunero all musts. Together they'd absolutely dominate the game.

Looking like next year will potentially be 10 all stars and 10 new peops. Ange, Priya, Tim Brunero all musts. Together they'd absolutely dominate the game.

Didn’t Priya break up with her boyfriend and go back to India?

Don’t see her likely given Covid.

Back