Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

On another note, I got bored and decided to see about something that's been bothering me.

Can you spot the cut lines (and the legless stool). ;)

View attachment 55650
I was trying to spot these!! Thank you so much! Blatant manipulation! Not that it wasn’t so obvious already.

Question - there appears to be a light source below the overhead cupboards on the left in one of the frames. Could this affect those stool shadows?

Question - there appears to be a light source below the overhead cupboards on the left in one of the frames. Could this affect those stool shadows?

The (missing) legs of the stools under the floating bench aren't shadows, they are the stools themselves.

Reactions: kxk
The (missing) legs of the stools under the floating bench aren't shadows, they are the stools themselves.
Ah, I have just understood they’ve airbrushed the stools entirely from the scene. Right? Wow.

Honestly, toward the end of the season we need to compile a masterpost of all these editing discrepancies and post everything together. XPOSÉ

I'm positive the back-and-forth shots of Dan's "shocked" reactions to Angela returning were not from the same moment either. There's a split second that I'm almost certain shows him inside the hallway with the others, but are instead shows his "reactions" that actually appear to be somewhere near the dining room (can't determine exactly where, I don't know the house well enough).

On another note, I got bored and decided to see about something that's been bothering me.

Can you spot the cut lines (and the legless stool). ;)

View attachment 55650

I thought something was very fishy about that scene! The uneven lines along the bottom of the island counter and edge of the kitchen floor are sooooooooo obvious. They didn't even try to hide the fact that this scene was digitally tampered with. 🙄

I'm really leaning towards returning to banning Noms talk.

I kind of wonder how different things might be if what is currently the Green Room became the Strategy Room. Nomination talk would be permitted there but not in other rooms. If a housemate were witnessed asking several others to go with them into that room and you weren't included, what would you think of them? Just a passing thought, I haven't really considered how much this could change things.

I thought something was very fishy about that scene! The uneven lines along the bottom of the island counter and edge of the kitchen floor are sooooooooo obvious. They didn't even try to hide the fact that this scene was digitally tampered with. 🙄
Yup. Items on the sideboard move/disappear. The light behind the sideboard is off, then on. The edges of the cut points were poorly aligned, shadows were different. I really don't appreciate being flat out lied to by production. That is NOT on. The show has become a manufactured mess.

Yup. Items on the sideboard move/disappear. The light behind the sideboard is off, then on. The edges of the cut points were poorly aligned, shadows were different. I really don't appreciate being flat out lied to by production. That is NOT on. The show has become a manufactured mess.
Queue the people saying we are all just whinging.

Perhaps out of context but there is absolutely no incentive to play strategically in this game because the second you do the leaky bucket of gossiping housemates takes you down. The games needs an incentive to play strategically for this to work. That’s why Survivor’s trial by jury works so well. You can’t have a strategic game with an ending as ambiguous as a public vote... coasters will get through every time.

There's also been several shots throughout the season where you can tell it's been filmed by a camera operator in the house (i.e. there was a shot last night as they all walked down the corridor, where a couple HMs' eyes glanced in our direction and smiled). Camera was roughly eye-level and dead-centre facing down the hall.

I’d like 12 housemates next season, 20 is far too many. 12 housemates allow for space to breathe between evictions and would create more variety in the episodes because of this. It just feels like they’ve put way too much on their plate for a first serve

With 12 housemates the show would be over in 3 weeks in this format. The show costs too much to invest so little air time to it.

With 12 housemates the show would be over in 3 weeks in this format. The show costs too much to invest so little air time to it.
Well duh obviously there will be non elimination episodes, it’s kinda why I said 12 people instead of 20..

There's also been several shots throughout the season where you can tell it's been filmed by a camera operator in the house (i.e. there was a shot last night as they all walked down the corridor, where a couple HMs' eyes glanced in our direction and smiled). Camera was roughly eye-level and dead-centre facing down the hall.

People have always noticed the cameras. Although I think I know what you're referring to from last night. I think it was Sophie yeah?

Some more random thoughts about the show in general.

It is quite obvious to me that the housemates have no idea how they are being portrayed on our screens. (As was the case in all past seasons.) We are only seeing the surface of the relationships being created and developed. What little I have seen of Matt for example is ok but if I was a voter he would only sway my vote if it meant making sure Daniel didn't win. I could take him or leave him. Angela on the other hand is totally hamming it up and makes for good watching. The "showmance" of Chad and Sophie is predictable but taps into the right demographic. As for the rest of the HMs I could take or leave them. So if they are basing their strategy off their relationship to each other it's bound to fail, as the viewing public are going to vote based on their perceptions of the housemates, as edited as they are. Making it to the final 3 will depend on how they interrelate. Making judgement calls like Shane's from last nights episode is thinking too far ahead.

Perhaps out of context but there is absolutely no incentive to play strategically in this game because the second you do the leaky bucket of gossiping housemates takes you down. The games needs an incentive to play strategically for this to work. That’s why Survivor’s trial by jury works so well. You can’t have a strategic game with an ending as ambiguous as a public vote... coasters will get through every time.
Agreed. It's very mixed up and these issues need to be fixed. First, I would like to see the video editors get off the ice and show us a plain old timeline when displaying a scene. And get rid of that flickering static nu-age filter thing!!!

Back