Skip to main content

Big Brother 2021 confirmed (recording late 2020)

Wouldn't it cost more moving to a different location?
Not in the long run if they plan to make more seasons. Even in dramas etc to set up and pack down a set isn’t a cheap exercise. It’s essentially a build each time. So for something to this scale it would make more sense to have it in a location that can be more permanent

My thoughts for 2021:
Partner with Netflix (or just use 7plus) for 24 hour streams (easy way for Ch7 to offload some costs)
Go back to the live format with:
Sunday Night Evictions (Live). Public vote to save one housemate from Monday prior (see below), then the house vote to evict (think Ch9 nominations room).
Monday Night Games (Live). Winner gets to nominate three housemates
Tuesday, Wednesday daily shows on the main channel. More traditional big brother fly on the wall.
Thursday, Friday daily shows on 7/7mate depending on AFL.

I like some of the scheming elements introduced, but it still needs to feel like big brother. The eviction nomination challenges should be more varied (less physical). There's still room for some more traditional big brother elements as well.

Not in the long run if they plan to make more seasons. Even in dramas etc to set up and pack down a set isn’t a cheap exercise. It’s essentially a build each time. So for something to this scale it would make more sense to have it in a location that can be more permanent
That is what Big Brother USA has done. They have used the same house since 2005.
17 civilian series
2 celebrity series
1 digital series
All they do is to change the look and add some improvements every couple of years

The house is not fine. To me the premise of the all knowing all watching Big Brother is to have people behave in unpredictable ways, by making them uncomfortable. Lead a life they never though they knew existed. Some of the early overseas shows had tiny houses. A small house means you are in close contact with your HMs. Love 'em or hate 'em there you are stuck in a small space. Currently we have a pool and a yard a large kitchen several lounge areas. As a result we see people swimming, sunbaking pumping iron. A typical ordinary life for these people.

Big Brother pretty much confirmed for 2021
But wait you missed something in the previous sentence:

When Big Brother wraps early next month it will hand over the slot to Farmer Wants a Wife.

Early next month? 24 eps will run until 28 July, no?

But wait you missed something in the previous sentence:

When Big Brother wraps early next month it will hand over the slot to Farmer Wants a Wife.

Early next month? 24 eps will run until 28 July, no?
Yeah I figured it was just an error or something. There's no way it can possibly end early next month? :S

In TV land when they advertise something as coming "early next month" they probably mean the 28th anyway.

Also possible they might air the two side by side, reducing BB to two shows a week.

My thoughts for 2021:
Partner with Netflix (or just use 7plus) for 24 hour streams (easy way for Ch7 to offload some costs)

It's odd how we're now in a situation where live streams could be better than ever. Content could be delivered easier, yet it's regressed.

I would subscribe to a Big Brother streaming platform, where it's got live feeds and other exclusive shows and content. They could put podcasts on it, when the show isn't airing, have archives of past seasons.

I don't know what the market would be, but there's a lot of potential areas that could be exploited. I'm sure they could get sponsors, run KFC competitions etc.

Last edited:
Next year I think it could be interesting to have a weekly show airing in a later time slot.

Not expecting anything like Uncut or Adults Only. Maybe just something that focuses more on the personalities and social interaction within the house?

If we had something like that this season I think I'd maybe understand things better. More context available for viewers?

Next year I think it could be interesting to have a weekly show airing in a later time slot.

Not expecting anything like Uncut or Adults Only. Maybe just something that focuses more on the personalities and social interaction within the house?

If we had something like that this season I think I'd maybe understand things better. More context available for viewers?
The problem is that later shows don’t rate well in Australia. We are a nation of people who go to bed early apparently 🤷🏽‍♂️

The problem is that later shows don’t rate well in Australia. We are a nation of people who go to bed early apparently 🤷🏽‍♂️

Theres no reason why there can't be a show on at 8:40. Goggelbox and HYBPA do massive numbers for TEN. Just because audiences want an adult side show doesn't mean it has to plagued with boobs and nudity and sex. No ones holding a gun to the producer's heads saying we want that. Why can't there be an "adult" show where we at least see them discuss political issues, semi-sexual conversation topics.

Back