Skip to main content

The Kieran Show

The main problem is the way the house is playing the game. If you even try to play a strategic or physical game, you're going to get the boot. A lot of people see this, and as a result, they don't do anything! Although Kieren is playing a really bad game, he's giving the producers something to work with, hence why we have this Kieren show.

There's more to it than that. Otherwise he would not have been chosen for the pivotal secret task on night one. As said well above:

It started from the very beginning with him being pre-selected for a pointless opening night task which added nothing to the show other than boosting the profile of Kieran. It meant the first 15-20 minutes were about Kieran, not about us being introduced to the other housemates.

I think we were all meant to be enchanted. These other people are so far (Xavier aside, he seems interesting) so lemming like and dull (even sweet Ian likes to cling to the dominant pack) but they still deserve the dignity of being known, after six episodes, as more than extras in The Kieran Show, wacky installment number 2,035.

Angela has had her own to the forefront edit, but one can see the reason for that. I can see no reason to have Keiran's antics or DRs thrust on me every few minutes of every show.

Kieran is probably strategizing too much. There was no reason for him to start that conflict between Danni and Garth.

You're not wrong. However, he got the limelight BECAUSE he did this.

There's more to it than that. Otherwise he would not have been chosen for the pivotal secret task on night one. As said well above:

This is a valid point. My guess for this though is that they suspected he'd be playing the game more, because he'd be wanting more followers post game. I do see where you're coming from though.

I wonder if Kieran has done his one not very good joke YouTube channel for so long that it's robbed him of any ability to be sincere? Like he feels he always has to be on for the cameras but doesn't have the talent to pull it off?

I think the reason why the BB producers are pushing Kieran down our throats all the time is they think that Kieran would appeal to casual viewers who are not BB superfans. All of the BB social media comments about Kieran are negative tho!

I wonder if Kieran has done his one not very good joke YouTube channel for so long that it's robbed him of any ability to be sincere? Like he feels he always has to be on for the cameras but doesn't have the talent to pull it off?
And, if he is genuinely trapped in this cycle due to the sudden popularity from going viral, I can't blame him entirely.

In any case, if he's found that playing the idiot/dolt has made people watch him, then that's what he's doing.

Hypothesis: BB production is simply using him to attract additional eyeballs that otherwise might not watch. Some will find him hilarious, others endearing.

However, even though this forum collectively seems to be of a similar opinion, I've not heard of anyone here giving up watching BECAUSE of him. QED

And, if he is genuinely trapped in this cycle due to the sudden popularity from going viral, I can't blame him entirely.

In any case, if he's found that playing the idiot/dolt has made people watch him, then that's what he's doing.

Hypothesis: BB production is simply using him to attract additional eyeballs that otherwise might not watch. Some will find him hilarious, others endearing.

However, even though this forum collectively seems to be of a similar opinion, I've not heard of anyone here giving up watching BECAUSE of him. QED

That bit where he pretended not to know the difference between the accelerator and the brake was the worst.

Check out the last minute or two of the latest ep of Eye Spy. Amusing footage, that made me warm to Dan even, that showed us a bit more about the housemates, that they "couldn't fit into the show" - and yet every moment of Kieran featured in the edit was apparently uncuttable.

Kieran has had a soft edit from the start. He was immediately chosen to promote the series, in the "he's Australia's worst driver" promos. That they chose this rather than "he's Australia's biggest dork", or more kindly, "socially awkward", proves that the shtick is actually supposed to be endearing.

Ugh. Kieran makes my skin crawl. He seems incapable of keeping his tongue in his mouth, and he's such a slob. Very rude and disrespectful, and nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is. Kieran, put your tongue away!!

I wonder if the "boring housemates" rumour is that they're boring for this format, but might have been interesting if we had the time to delve into the more mundane.

I find Kieran entertaining.

Better a Kieran show, than a show of that blond guy and that guy that sometimes wears a hat.

source.gif

I wonder if the "boring housemates" rumour is that they're boring for this format, but might have been interesting if we had the time to delve into the more mundane.

I find Kieran entertaining.

Better a Kieran show, than a show of that blond guy and that guy that sometimes wears a hat.

source.gif

He is not entertaining at all for me. Can't wait for him to go.

I actually feel like the issue is everyone except Kieran and Angie. There's a distinct lack of interesting personalities and nothing exciting seems to be happening in the house. Kieran is the only person playing the game the Seven build the format on, so it's only natural they're going to lean into that.

It could be worse....they could be force feeding us on pewkmance.

Guess that will be the third act after the (Angela and) Kieran Show. Chophiemance.

Back