Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

I wouldn't mind feisty housemates if they voted with a sense of not playing follow the leader. Individuals not sheep.

I wouldn't mind feisty housemates if they voted with a sense of not playing follow the leader. Individuals not sheep.
Big Brother US always seems to have a 'popular gang' and it annoys me. So i'm happy that I don't think we'll be seeing that cause the housemates for the most part seem mature.

Big Brother US always seems to have a 'popular gang' and it annoys me. So i'm happy that I don't think we'll be seeing that cause the housemates for the most part seem mature.

I hope you are right, otherwise the evictions will be boring.

I hope you are right, otherwise the evictions will be boring.
Based on the intros so far, I think Angela is gonna be the one to watch imo. Networks seem to think we wanna follow popular, young, single, good looking people like Brooke from Survivor. We actually don't we wanna see underdogs like Angela and Marissa, they're the ones we want to follow imo.

Last edited:
I just want reaction vids so I can be bitchy on twitter and none of these housemates are delivering! Who do I have to hurt at 7 to get some housemates with QUOTES?

I just want reaction vids so I can be bitchy on twitter and none of these housemates are delivering! Who do I have to hurt at 7 to get some housemates with QUOTES?

I want memorable moments worthy of becoming GIFs that are relevant even after the show is over. If the show is forgotten with little impact I will be very disappointed.

I am just hoping there are minimum 2 or 3 unrevealed housemates who do enough to keep it entertaining.

I want memorable moments worthy of becoming GIFs that are relevant even after the show is over. If the show is forgotten with little impact I will be very disappointed.

I am just hoping there are minimum 2 or 3 unrevealed housemates who do enough to keep it entertaining.
Let's hope we get some gifs the equivalent of these beauties:
victoria rees | Tumblr
The Real Housewives of Sydney Episode 9 Blog by Lisa Oldfield

Dinner Party Mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia - Find ...
Married At First Sight Australia 2019 recap episode 19 - 9Honey

I think there will be some fierey moments in the house if people don't get on or if there is a shock with the voting.

I think there will be some fierey moments in the house if people don't get on or if there is a shock with the voting.
yes, strategy will always get a bit of drama. I reckon out of the hm's so far maybe Zoe will bring some drama. I don't reckon Angela will cause I reckon she'll play everyone and I reckon she's not as bitchy as she's made out to be in her promo..

Mod Edit:

Have cleaned up this thread and removed another 21 comments - if you find yourself just getting into an argument with another poster stop posting. It's fine to argue the facts and intentions, but nobody wants to ready pages of squabbles.

Bans will follow if it continues to happen.

Last edited:
At the moment, they are monitoring social media feedback and making decisions accordingly.
Oh dear, now that is worrying. Nobody in the history of time has made a TV show which pleased both Twitter and Facebook. ;)

In the UK Channel 5 made the ultimately fateful mistake of listening to the casual fan on social media in determining their route for the show rather than the real fan who had stuck with the show throughout and were not afraid to be critical. As a result the real fans left, the show was left with the casual fan - and then no fans at all as the show was being produced for short term gratification rather than the long term good.

Now if Seven had listened to anyone they would not have re-employed Sonia Krugar - although for the record although she was awful on Nine I think she'll be more suited to this format than Gretel would have been. They also wouldn't have pre-recorded. The tricky thing for them though is introducing a new format so it's no good listening to those who just want the old format back - you do need to look at what the people who understand the US/Canadian format are saying too. My fear is they'll have made concessions to try and please everyone and end up pleasing nobody.

Back to the topic of housemates and the change in format means it is critical they've got it right this year. They need housemates who understand the new game and will play it as it is designed to be played rather than just play nice hoping that'll carry them to the end. They also need viewers to warm to these housemates and crucially embrace the villian. I think Aussies generally do when it comes to Australian Survivor, so hopefully that'll carry across to Big Brother. Of course sadly, and this is something which was raised on the recent US Survivor finale, is when it comes to playing the game I think by contestants and viewers alike men are usually applauded for their gameplay and appreciated as villians of the show if that's the role they try to play - but women playing a similar role are just seen as bitches.

Oh dear, now that is worrying. Nobody in the history of time has made a TV show which pleased both Twitter and Facebook. ;)
Most shows are kept in the edit bay during their airing nowadays to be able to cover themselves slightly depending on the response they get through social media.

Facebook is for native advertising the show, Twitter is for discussing the show, Instagram is for public affection/disgust towards their housemates, they’ll be targeting their show for a response on twitter and Instagram - largely Instagram as housemates will be doing sponsored posts after their season and their contract would entitle endemol shine and channel 7 to a portion of their revenue for at least a year after airing.

Imo it could of been good value having a strategic hm like priya, strategy dave or tim brunero return to the show for this upcoming season. They would of played the game brilliantly however also helped transitioned/eased viewers into the the new format. Someone like Tim brunero could of also brought back older viewers in.

One thing I love about the US/Can franchise is that housemates can play the game a second time and sement themselves into BB royalty so i’m hoping if a second series happens we see a hm have a second shot.

It's unclear how often we'll get a new HM reveal but I would at least like to see Daniel, Chad and Sophie's TikTok's (if they made them) that give us that extra bit on information on days that no one's being revealed.

We've already had that happen with the other 4 so it can be done, it's not much but it is something and doesn't leave us with days of nothing at all.

Wtf did I just watch lol:
A couple things:
- she’s right there is no trans narrative in this country - there has been a trans person on big brother Australia - tens cross promo of the show “There’s Something About Miriam” which was a dating show like the bachelorette with a trans woman and men who didn’t know she was trans until later on. Like let that sink in that that’s where we have been as a society, that’s fucking disgusting.
- she would probably make great tv because she’s a train wreck
- she’s not the best person to represent her community, as she’s coming across as bratty self entitled and has zero self awareness

Back