Skip to main content

Masterchef 2020

So how did Ben leave? I only noticed at the end he wasn't there, and must have missed whatever brief mention there was.

So how did Ben leave? I only noticed at the end he wasn't there, and must have missed whatever brief mention there was.

It was VERY brief, right at the start.
One of the judges, I think Jock, said something like “due to a personal matter, Ben has left the competition”, the contestants looked shocked, then they moved in.

It was VERY brief, right at the start.
One of the judges, I think Jock, said something like “due to a personal matter, Ben has left the competition”, the contestants looked shocked, then they moved in.
Thanks for that. I'd love to know what he was arrested for, I've done enough Googling, but it's obviously all been hushed up. I wonder if that means there's going to be a court case.

Sorry to see Hayden go last night, but no surprises there after his cooks.

Reynold continues to be amazing.

IMO: It was no loss, Hayden leaving.

To me he isn't in the league of the others. He is like the best cook, out of friends for friends/family gatherings.

I saw one article that stated Ben has not been named in any scheduled court cases in Qld, NSW, or Vic. Could mean any number of things.

He posted to Insta before the show yesterday about a new venture. Comments are now disabled, but I saw last night Simon had commented to congratulate him, but people had begun making nasty suggestions about the nature of the matter, so no surprise comments are gone.

IMO: It was no loss, Hayden leaving.

To me he isn't in the league of the others. He is like the best cook, out of friends for friends/family gatherings.
He was a bit luke warm towards the end, and I think he got a bit cocky with all his achievements to date, too.

I didn't watch it. Just read that he was booted.
He was saying how successful he'd been, with tv shows, books he's written - I sort of zoned out so I can't tell you anymore about that. But he did look pretty pleased with himself, until he found out it was him leaving.

Last edited:
He was saying how successful he'd been, with tv shows, books he's written - I sort of zoned out so I can't tell you anymore about that. But he did look pretty pleased with himself, until he found out it was him leaving.

Hayden seems like a nice guy, but with tickets on himself (eg, talking about cooking in his underwear knowing it would appeal to certain parts of his fanbase).
Early in the episode he was talking about how much it would help his career if he won, and when that came crashing down he backtracked with a list of his other achievements that didn't require winning Masterchef.

Jess, Reynold, Po, Callum are all still there aren't they?
Not watching myself I find most competition type stuff annoys me,except survivor
I do catch a bit here and there....mostly beginning or end bits

Jess, Reynold, Po, Callum are all still there aren't they?
Not watching myself I find most competition type stuff annoys me,except survivor
I do catch a bit here and there....mostly beginning or end bits

Yes they are all still there.

Hayden seems like a nice guy, but with tickets on himself (eg, talking about cooking in his underwear knowing it would appeal to certain parts of his fanbase).
Early in the episode he was talking about how much it would help his career if he won, and when that came crashing down he backtracked with a list of his other achievements that didn't require winning Masterchef.
He does come over as a nice guy, and don't dislike him at all. I agree with what you said.

Back