Skip to main content

International The Circle

Tim

Don't block a thread, bitches.
Staff member
Administrator
Any The Circle Brazil watchers on the forums?

I just started self-isolation-watching and loving it way more than USA.

The Circle France coming April.

You can always create a fake email address and sign up with that.
I did use a different address. But I only have one phone number so maybe they matched me from that? Only $8, I will survive.

Just finished Brazil and I see France is now up.

Happy with the final five for Brazil, was a little surprised at 4th and 5th places as I thought one of them would win, but maybe a bit of strategy came in at the final ratings.

A lot of people loved France... but I found the cast mostly unlikeable, especially Maxime/Valeria and Romain. Was a shame the two older ladies were so out of their depth but they were entertaining at least.

Some scenes from the last couple of eps were hilarious though.
Romain was laughing to cover his humiliation at Valeria's reveal, but that previous scene where he was using his body as an amusement park whilst chatting to "her" in the bath was pure gold. Ines, Cedric and Gary were terrible at strategy, and their blockings just paved the way for an inevitable #teamwinners victory. The pagonging let the season down because you could see it coming.

Did anyone watch this?

I still don't think this is exactly Big Brother so it gets hidden away in this forum really.

I've now watched both French and Brazilian versions and I'll add some thoughts as they come to me.

On the French version

Romain was laughing to cover his humiliation at Valeria's reveal, but that previous scene where he was using his body as an amusement park whilst chatting to "her" in the bath was pure gold. Ines, Cedric and Gary were terrible at strategy, and their blockings just paved the way for an inevitable #teamwinners victory. The pagonging let the season down because you could see it coming.

Did anyone watch this?

I didn't mind Valeria, he seemed quite clued up. Romain was insufferable most of the time, except a couple or so instances where his stupidity was actually funny. Quite a good spot that he was trying to hide his embarrassment at the end. Wasn't a fan of Éléa, a bit boring. I was worried Virginie was about to make the final, I think the producers got her to self-destruct at the end, which was a good idea really as it meant more reveals to enjoy.

I did think the end was improved by having the finalists also meet up with the non-finalists in a reveal (though netflix still miss some reveals compared to CH4). Also expanding the jury was good. And in the last montage finally having some reaction shots, even though a reaction box in the corner would have been more convenient. The montage itself was too short though. They also seemed to tell the finalists to delay revealing who they were until they established who the others were, which helped drag out the reveals more which was good.

I would have preferred Cedric to prevail over Romain at a critical point, he could have had a reveal with one of this kickboxing pics as well. Neither were great players but Cedric was more likeable to me.

Another critical point was winning the cake challenge. Once Virginie had picked sides that was it. And throughout most of these seasons the editing does make things very predictable as to who is going, the producers should be more daring. I would have preferred the Ines side to prevail, they were just more likeable and entertaining/messy as an alliance. Gamebots can be boring anyway.

Not sure spoiler tags are needed any more so stop reading if you haven't watched.

Yes I wished Cedric had stayed longer. Perhaps things would have turned out differently. You're right about Romain, but I really didn't like Maxime, there was something sleazy/icky about him. He kinda repulsed me.

I wonder if they had the "expanded" jury people vote because the season was getting so predictable they thought it would produce a more interesting result?

Started watching The Circle Brazil last night... I’m enjoying it so far. Lots of diverse, fun, and interesting characters. Loving Marina, Dumaresq, Lorayne, and Luma. JP is sexy AF

That said these people are pretty clueless when it comes to strategy. I don’t necessarily feel like I’m watching The Circle but more of a series of BB on Zoom. I’m also on the fence about all the relationships/flirting.

It’s also taking me some time as the subtitle translation isn’t prefect and Brazilians talk a mile a minute.

Started watching The Circle Brazil last night... I’m enjoying it so far. Lots of diverse, fun, and interesting characters. Loving Marina, Dumaresq, Lorayne, and Luma. JP is sexy AF

That said these people are pretty clueless when it comes to strategy. I don’t necessarily feel like I’m watching The Circle but more of a series of BB on Zoom. I’m also on the fence about all the relationships/flirting.

It’s also taking me some time as the subtitle translation isn’t prefect and Brazilians talk a mile a minute.

Love the Brazil version. Binged watched it as well as the France and USA version.

Back