Skip to main content

House/Studio Location

How big is the Canadian studio that is home to the house Kingston? I know the US one is about 15,000 square feet, which includes the house, studio and production offices. The Canadian studio is in a different studio to the house, but their house also includes the backyard, so require pretty much the same space.

I think from the two reported studios considering roughly 485m2 is 5000 square feet it would need the bigger venue to accomodate the house, though as you say if they lose the camera runs that frees quite a lot of space. Much depends on whether they can use any outside space too - and with it being pre-recorded I wouldn't be surprised if any challenge arena isn't necessarily directly linked to the house and they are guided to it by producers, just like in Survivor how they are driven to challenges and tribal council.

I have no idea to be honest and a quick Google search wasn’t helpful... My assumptions are just based on pics that have been posted of the house under construction and of the limited pics of the proposed location. House designer Peter Faragher has said that the current house layout was designed to accommodate a smaller footprint.

For what it’s worth they really should just copy the BBCAN house with some minor adjustments to accommodate a proper outdoor area. They could easily keep BBCAN’s annex in place for competitions and make room for a proper backyard off the side of the building.

The Canadian studio is in the same studio as the house.

If it is in its current form then the door HG’s enter and exit through is still not connected to the studio as they’d have us believe. This is part of the reason evictions are pre-recorded.

If it is in its current form then the door HG’s enter and exit through is still not connected to the studio as they’d have us believe. This is part of the reason evictions are pre-recorded.

It's not connected but the studio and house are in the same building.

Ohhh, quite exciting news. Looks like big brother australia is shaping up to be an outstanding series. I'm looking forward to seeing more on how all this develops, and i'm sure that tvblackbox will provide that with their outstanding reporting on big brother australia.

TVBlackbox need to learn that putting "Exclusive" in front of something doesn't make it true, just like their "Exclusive" regarding Sonia hosting. Their only "Exclusive" which was true was the return of Big Brother, which they "exclusively" reported a week after TV Tonight did, yet still gloat at every opportunity they broke the story. Pathetic.

This location looks like it could work though, but until it is confirmed by a reputable source I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

i don't know, apart from a few missteps (nobody is perfect), i feel that tvblackbox have done a pretty good job so far of their big brother australia coverage.

tvblackbox have done a pretty good job so far of their big brother australia coverage.

giphy.gif

So in other words they may as well be in separate buildings...

But it is in the same building. The original post said they're not and I replied that they are.

I'm not saying if they might as well be in the same or different buildings.

But it is in the same building. The original post said they're not and I replied that they are.

I'm not saying if they might as well be in the same or different buildings.

You’re knit picking... As it’s not connected to the house itself it may as well be in a separate building.

They may be in the same building but not necessarily the same stage. I don't know with the current location but I know the previous one they were in two seperate studios, but I think the studios were in the same building.

Anyway, it's kind of irrelevent. What is relevent is the pre-recorded nature of things means if they have two disconnected spaces for competitions and the house it's less of an issue because they'll just transport them off-screen. BBUSA now has a second competition area away from the main house where they have to guide the contestants too.

They may be in the same building but not necessarily the same stage. I don't know with the current location but I know the previous one they were in two seperate studios, but I think the studios were in the same building.

Anyway, it's kind of irrelevent. What is relevent is the pre-recorded nature of things means if they have two disconnected spaces for competitions and the house it's less of an issue because they'll just transport them off-screen. BBUSA now has a second competition area away from the main house where they have to guide the contestants too.

Andy Denhart has an article on RealityBlurred with the BBUS house designer that talks about how they want to take over the adjacent studio for challenges. Not sure if CBS will ever move ahead with it but not surprised they decided to move forward with a separate competition area. Any idea where it is?

Don't think it's far away - isn't that big but been used for things like the Hacker comps last year and the early Camp Activity Comps this year.

Baffles me how CBS give BBUSA a budget which seems to be tighter than even Global give Canada when they pay many of their top stars $1m an episode or something stupid for comedy and drama. $1m would actually probably make quite a difference to the BBUSA budget.

I got a laugh out of it. Anyway the point is despite his industry background, his site doesn't appear to have a fraction of the clout or following that TV Tonight has.

I find it hilarious to be honest... As I said before I had a pretty big Twitter war with Steve Molk in the lead up to BB 2012 for reporting obviously fake rumours.

I also find it hilarious that we now have a decent sized group of sceptics on this forum. I remember the days where it felt like I was the only one who questioned things.

anyway, if they do go in a warehouse, how will they get sun?
this is what I thought, I heard they were doing it on Cockatoo Island?? it'd be nice to have the BB house in Sydney though, and so they can leave it up too for everyone to visit after the show!

Back