Skip to main content

The New One - The OF Topic Friendly Chat Thead

100 per cent. Our cat chose us. He was about 6 months old when he wandered in. He was such a beautiful loving wee man, although, he did know how to get his own way if we weren't listening. He's been irreplaceable. I love cats, and luckily for a good few years had a neighbour whose cats stayed in my garden and chatted to me all the time, but she moved and they went with her. I now have no access to any. 🙁
I haven't had any contact with a feline for a long time and haven't seen my sister's Cavoodle for a while either. Not since my birthday mid January.

Ewww! 😂
I can deal with Cockroaches, it's spiders that bother me!
I think I'd be better with a spider than a bird or mouse/rat. I have been traumatised by birds for as long as I can remember. It's a really bad terror that I feel. Chickens don't bother me and I like owls though.

I think I'd be better with a spider than a bird or mouse/rat. I have been traumatised by birds for as long as I can remember. It's a really bad terror that I feel. Chickens don't bother me and I like owls though.
It must be awful being scared of birds as they're everywhere. We live beside a beach and there are seagulls and pigeons everywhere, and the local park, well, you'd die. Every so often swarms, and I mean SWARMS of white Cockatoos fly en mass around the park! It's amazing to watch, for someone who's not scared of them.
I couldn't imagine being scared of something that can fly at you. Thank God spiders don't fly!

For the last few months I have been watching Beverly Hills 90210 from start to finish in my lunch break and while I paint. I am three discs away from finishing... Its going to feel weird watching those ones now.

Do you paint for work or a hobby? What do you paint?

Hobby and mental health I think lol. although I am hoping to get the guts up to start selling some soon. I do acrylic fluid art but looking to do resin and ink as well.

Sounds great. You should try selling some. You might take it for granted but not everyone has that talent, and will pay for that stuff.

Hobby and mental health I think lol. although I am hoping to get the guts up to start selling some soon. I do acrylic fluid art but looking to do resin and ink as well.
Maybe you should start a thread here so we can have a look at them. It sounds interesting.

It must be awful being scared of birds as they're everywhere. We live beside a beach and there are seagulls and pigeons everywhere, and the local park, well, you'd die. Every so often swarms, and I mean SWARMS of white Cockatoos fly en mass around the park! It's amazing to watch, for someone who's not scared of them.
I couldn't imagine being scared of something that can fly at you. Thank God spiders don't fly!

Magpies are the worst because they'll remember you every time you walk past their area and start attacking you by divebombing. Awful stuff.

Though recently the magpies have been pretty good around where I live.

Magpies are the worst because they'll remember you every time you walk past their area and start attacking you by divebombing. Awful stuff.

Though recently the magpies have been pretty good around where I live.
Magpies down our street seem pretty friendly. I've noticed one that stands in the same spot every morning when I walk to work. I call him (or her) The Centurion, it's like he/she is on the look out while the family do there own thing further along. Pretty cute.

Magpies do remember you - which is great, because if you respect them, they respect you. And if you're one of those little turds who run screaming at them, well then you deserve it when they dive-bomb you next time.

Magpies do remember you - which is great, because if you respect them, they respect you. And if you're one of those little turds who run screaming at them, well then you deserve it when they dive-bomb you next time.

I've never screamed at them and still some have dive bombed me when I have walked past their area.

Magpies down our street seem pretty friendly. I've noticed one that stands in the same spot every morning when I walk to work. I call him (or her) The Centurion, it's like he/she is on the look out while the family do there own thing further along. Pretty cute.

Yes, magpies are very protective of their family.

...I’d like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!... thanks to everyone on here that have been such great friends to me in this rather daunting year for me personally... I’m just hoping that 2020 bides a great new year for me personally (I’d prefer to forget this past year for myself for such obvious reasons lol!)... but I hope everyone else has a better new year too!... stay safe over Christmas and New Year please... oh... I nearly forgot... ho! ho! ho!... cheers.

It's so humid today, and we've been forecast showers for the last two days and have had none.

Happy Chinese New Year, year of the rat I believe
No time for usual yum cha, packing and moving and hating every minute of this

Back