Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paragraph at the end of TV Blackbox's story on Gretel Killeen hosting BB2020 defending their reporting and sources:
Meanwhile, some sections of the media continue to pour cold water over our reporting, despite the fact we revealed the casting process would begin A DAY BEFORE IT HAPPENED!
Some media writers are pointing out Seven has not confirmed our story, but they are not going to do that until their upfronts at the earliest.
Just because a media company has not confirmed a story doesn’t mean it isn’t true.
TV Blackbox looks forward to apologies from those who have criticised our reporting in due course.
Of course, if I am wrong I will apologise (but I have very good sources I trust).
At this stage who really knows who or what to believe? We can only hope... 🤞🏻

You know one thing thats gonna feel really odd? Not ending each episode with "Dreamworld. The Home of Big Brother"
And the start, not hearing, "Coming to you live from Dreamworld on the Gold Coast..." Gonna be sad

I never knew how much these phrases being in the show meant to me until you both said that. I think I would definitely miss it

RE: the host, I really would like someone who is used to BB (so Gretel, ofc) because remember how BAD Sonia was at the start of her run? Admittedly she did improve but it was certainly a shaky start. I would hate to think anything like that would stop the show from being good.

Paragraph at the end of TV Blackbox's story on Gretel Killeen hosting BB2020 defending their reporting and sources:

Unnamed sources = hearsay. Maybe Seven is closing in on the deal, but you don't get to claim the scoop without an attributable source to back up your claims. David Knox has good contacts at all the networks and they obviously haven't verified this.

RE: the host, I really would like someone who is used to BB (so Gretel, ofc) because remember how BAD Sonia was at the start of her run? Admittedly she did improve but it was certainly a shaky start. I would hate to think anything like that would stop the show from being good.

I prefer Sophie.

They really have some nerve. They've already been caught out with their so called Home and Away axing story and now getting arsey over this story, even though it was posted a week earlier by TV Tonight (and perhaps others) - who unlike TV Blackbox posted it exactly as it was - an unconfirmed rumour.

It never really feels right when a man hosts big brother, case in point: Brian Dowling in the UK.
Don't judge all men by Brian Dowling.

As much as I want Mike Goldman to return, I can't see 7 offering him a contract. I think they will hire a fresh face. I hope I'm proved wrong

Rob McKnight saying on Melbourne brekky radio this morning, looking like Gretel as host won't happen, but still possible. Mel Doyle possible, Chrissie Swan would love to do it. The Australian Survivor executive producer, who I think is Tim Toni but not sure is looking like the executive producer

Rob McKnight saying on Melbourne brekky radio this morning, looking like Gretel as host won't happen, but still possible. Mel Doyle possible, Chrissie Swan would love to do it. The Australian Survivor executive producer, who I think is Tim Toni but not sure is looking like the executive producer
Tim Toni was the EP for BB07.. help us all.

As much as I want Mike Goldman to return, I can't see 7 offering him a contract. I think they will hire a fresh face. I hope I'm proved wrong
I’m genuinely torn as to whether Mike Goldman should return for this second revival. In all previous series I’ve always defended his position, recognising him as a talent synonymous with the show. However for this next series I’m not so defensive, in fact, I’m more then welcoming of someone new and fresh to take up his role. A fresh start might just be what this new revival needs to survive.

However in saying all that, I absolutely 110% support Gretel Killeen returning as host, and she’s no fresh face. I also do think it would feel strange hearing someone else’s voice narrate our Housemates daily lives after Mike’s voice is all we’ve heard for the past 11 series. I’m so torn between sticking to what I know and love Big Brother to be, and what it could be with a fresh start 😕

I’m genuinely torn as to whether Mike Goldman should return for this second revival. In all previous series I’ve always defended his position, recognising him as a talent synonymous with the show. However for this next series I’m not so defensive, in fact, I’m more then welcoming of someone new and fresh to take up his role. A fresh start might just be what this new revival needs to survive.

However in saying all that, I absolutely 110% support Gretel Killeen returning as host, and she’s no fresh face. I also do think it would feel strange hearing someone else’s voice narrate our Housemates daily lives after Mike’s voice is all we’ve heard for the past 11 series. I’m so torn between sticking to what I know and love Big Brother to be, and what it could be with a fresh start 😕
I'm pro-Goldman. I don't think if they have a fresh narrator, it will impact ratings what-so-ever. Hence, should keep Goldman, well liked by the fans, no point in not getting him back.

G

Gogglebox lady would be amazing if he can't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back