Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 23 Discussion

Wow, that Go Fund Me for Luke is going to crack $200k by the end of today I'd say. Harry must be screaming on the inside that his fake child isn't real.

Why aren't Harry or Baden getting death threats? Seriously. The general public have lost their collective minds.
I love Luke but people seem to be forgetting that he also did lie and cheat to get where he did in the game.

Also, I hope the people trolling Pia, are actually putting their hands in their pockets to cough up money to Luke.

Luke is the Best - King of the jungle. However, Does anyone know if Luke is in Amazing Raze Australia? I saw few articles re him in Au Amazing Race?
That would be fun, partnered with David or Jericho

If he did I'd say he'd do it with Jericho. Though if I'm honest after all the sob stories from him about his family if he does go off on the Amazing Race then I'll be giving him some major side eye.

Why aren't Harry or Baden getting death threats? Seriously. The general public have lost their collective minds.
I love Luke but people seem to be forgetting that he also did lie and cheat to get where he did in the game.

Also, I hope the people trolling Pia, are actually putting their hands in their pockets to cough up money to Luke.

I just have to laugh. These people are way too invested and honestly need to get a life. It's name of the game FFS!

Because......Harry/Baden are ordinary schlubs like Luke
Pia whether it is just or not, is seen as privileged with an easy life.......and all the bonuses that come with fame
Of course that may be totally off the mark, considering most actors rarely get paid work,,,,,,not a fan, does she have current roles?????

Plus, he appealed to Pia........................
Everyone of them was saved by Luke

Pia whether it is just or not, is seen as privileged with an easy life.......and all the bonuses that come with fame
Of course that may be totally off the mark, considering most actors rarely get paid work,,,,,,not a fan, does she have current roles?????

Plus, he appealed to Pia........................
Everyone of them was saved by Luke
But he saved them to save himself. We know nothing about Pia's home life and whether she is privledged or not because the producers only sold us Luke's story. Also it shouldn't actually matter.

Possibly as a single person, the family thing is annoying. Gets in the way of an episode.

I just did a Google search on Pia, I didn't know anything about her. So, she did a stint on Neighbours, hmmmm! Actress?

Oh no, I have to leave it there/here - with Baden and Pia. Will have to wait to watch the last bit tomorrow.
Will look here in between clients tomorrow to see what happens.
I hope Baden wins.

Great that Luke is getting his $500k in the end - just comes across as a likeable good guy.

As for this episode actually thought voting out Luke wasn't the smart decision it seemed to be. OK, if Luke is at the end he wins but Pia voting out Luke rather than Baden gave her just a one in three shot of making the final 2 compared to an almost guaranteed place had she at least voted Baden and gone to fire.

And that said too I doubt the fire challenge was the foregone conclusion they made it out to be - Luke still could have gone. I think though Pia wanted the scalp rather than worried about the final 2 outcomes. This was really the only big move she made alone.

Pia didn't eliminate Luke alone, she was the swing vote but others wanted him out for far longer anyway. The whole penultimate episode with Luke saying how he should be kept for personal reasons was quite cringeworthy. The funny thing was that Luke didn't even save her when he arguably should have. If he had there might have been more onus on her to keep him, but as it was it was hardly a hard move to make. Going to fire was just a gamble that didn't need to be made.

She said she did have a second job away from acting, I've forgotten what it exactly was.

I'm not really interested in factors outside the game though such as their outside life or their looks for the audience, for me it's more about what they did in the game and what entertainment they provided.

I noticed again that, as with Shane last year, the producers brought in a pre-show video of Pia's life just before the end, and just before she won. So repeating the same trick from last year. Whether trying to play on pre-show needs or on their pre-show fame the producers miss what reality tv grew popular with, putting unknown people who the audience make up their own minds on into unusual situations. I wish the editing had been spread out more among the cast members to make it more even. And a live finale is much better, they should schedule production so they can fit this in. The whole show was spoiled beforehand, even for some like me who didn't want to be spoiled. Pia was of course the betting favourite to win as some would love to point out.

I don't think vets should be mixed with newbies either. They've done it twice now, first with a player who was expected to be disliked and then with one who they expected to be popular. But neither should be necessary to get a decent audience if the casting is done well, and they shouldn't have to cast people with some pre-show fame or pre-show stories to manipulate the audience either.

They tried to even it out physically between contenders and champions this year, but the champions still took control really, maybe they just naturally see themselves as a group more. Who wouldn't want to be considered a champion? Whereas some contenders likely want to be known as champions than contenders.

maybe she's a flamenco dancer?

i think some of the contenders (Baden, and Daisy) got too starstruck by the champions at times.

Back