Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 23 Discussion

To me this is still a game... it shouldn't be about who needs the money most. If they want to help Luke they can start a GoFundMe for him or something. Or maybe Janine can help with all her moolah!

Yes. There should be a prize for fan favourite, or a rich Sia or Janine to step in with a donation.
EDIT : Though with Janine's "No way", maybe she isn't a fan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyf
Let's not forget that Luke's gameplay is just as ruthless as anyone else's.
He was quite happy to openly sacrifice his buddy Baden with just a "sorry brother"
It's all part of the game, and this has been a tremendous season..

...I’ve just had a vision!... Pia and Baden gang up on Harry and hoist him out leaving them two to battle it out... Pia thinking that Baden is a mere weakling physically totally underestimates Baden based on his past performances (which he has deliberately been underperforming in so as to remain low key threat)... and having Pia totally gazumped by being beaten in the final by Baden leaving everyone shocked by the result!... yeah I know that’s not a vision...just wishful thinking fight?... cheers.

Pia will walk away with the moola, but now is Villain For Life. Nothing Ten can do or say will redeem her story arc now.

Reactions: kxk
Luke is the Best - King of the jungle. However, Does anyone know if Luke is in Amazing Raze Australia? I saw few articles re him in Au Amazing Race?

Reactions: kxk
I didn't see that one coming - but I'm glad it happened.
I'm not a Luke fan, then I'm not that interested in any of the last three.

Funny old world we live in sometimes.
I see Lukes Go Fund Me account has already amassed $132,000 in donations. Good luck to Luke and his family.

Its a strange thing though this bloke went on a game show to win money didnt win fair and square. Just part of the game and the viewing public have lost their collective heads over it.

The generosity of people is quite humbling and reminds you humans overall are good.. On the other hand some of the people ripping into Pia online is pretty bloody ugly, unjustified and silly. Heaven help her if she wins the whole bloody thing.

A brilliant season and Luke has been an absolute star but at the end of the day its just a game. I love it, I was blown away by last nights show and found myself with moist eyes even. I promise I wasnt crying, really I wasn't. I hope when all is said and done we all remember its only a game.

I hope Pia wins. I have never really taken to Harry so its just a personal preference.

Luke has been dealt a shitty hand, but as a FIFO worker I doubt he's strapped for cash. However, do not underestimate Cashed Up Bogan Australia putting their money towards supposedly unjust causes.

I mean, that greedy mofo Folau got Cashed Up Christian Australia falling over themselves to throw money his way. These situations are different (obviously) but people will give generously if they feel aggrieved enough. Luke's edit really had it all, the back story, the flashbacks, the tears, the dramatic music, the pleading, the suspense. Well played Ten.

Anyway, if Pia wins, I vote for a do-over. The casting of the Contenders was actually pretty good this year, we need a full contenders cast, no more champions please, especially the older sports people, who always prove to be the most disappointing of the lot.

Posted Luke stuff in the articles thread.....

Give his family a gogglebox gig 10, would be fun
And Dave could play Im A Celebrity Get Me out of Here, with his charity being Luke's family if Luke is too busy to appear himself
Those 2 would be fun with bugs

And by the way 10, stop shoving Angie/Evie down our throats both are dimwits contributing nothing .......make space for Luke and drop them they suck

Preview, looks like medieval torture........gross, will be taking a refreshment break during that (and Luke would be unlikely to make it through that )
And now I could care less who wins, but go Baden

Luke has been dealt a shitty hand, but as a FIFO worker I doubt he's strapped for cash.

Still depends on your skills, and with 3 kids needing extra help ......well he clearly is doing FIFO for that reason, and would prefer to be there to support his wife and kids in person.
FIFO life sucks

Boost franchise would help a lot

At the end of the day you have to separate Survivor, the tv show, from Luke Toki, the person with a family.
Sure, he 'deserves' to win... as much as anyone else on the show does.
They really pushed his backstory, and this time it seems to be to his detriment, because every other player sensed his popularity and that they stood a greater chance of losing against him.
They shouldn't be judged for that - they are there to try to win for themselves and their own families, and have equally valid back-stories even if they are not mentioned.
It's interesting how emotional Luke's time on the show was - in the US version, you might get a few tears for a few seconds at a time throughout the season, but you virtually never get someone breaking down when they are voted out. I'm in two minds as to whether something so personal should even have been shown, they could have edited around it.

The cost of autism therapy per year is quite expensive, so Luke will need all the money he can get. I was reading a book about someone with autism where the parents in America spent up to 90,000 thousand a year on autism related stuff on him(they could afford it).

I'm not sure if Australia is any different cost wise, though I suspect it isn't.

i get the feeling that tonight's endurance challenge will be the shortest one ever.

either harry or pia would be good choices to win. they've both played the best games this season. different, but the best.

unless baden can articulate to the jury his game plan then i'm not convinced he should win.

i get the feeling that tonight's endurance challenge will be the shortest one ever.

either harry or pia would be good choices to win. they've both played the best games this season. different, but the best.

unless baden can articulate to the jury his game plan then i'm not convinced he should win.

Previews have them hanging there for 6 hours!
I have no interest in watching this torture session.......will be time for refreshments, especially since I could care less who wins

Pia will take Baden.
Harry will take Baden.
Baden will take Harry.

Therefore, Baden is a lock for Final Two. Can't wait to hear his final arguments. Not.

And by deduction, Pia must win this Immunity Challenge as all logic tells me that a Harry/Baden final two would have seen this entire season scrapped by producers and started again. 😂

Back