Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 17 Discussion

I forgot to say that I knew exactly what Baden lists were about during the Immunity Challenge immediately and now I think we are probably soul mates. Which explains why I am still single and he is probably gay

Don't know what to say about tonight's results except, thank god Harry and Baden survived, and hopefully they can turn it around. If that means working with Luke and keeping him around, so be it.

Baden is very impressive.

I agree with Daisy, in finding Simon & Shaun more attractive than David.

Very strange that the ad is saying that one of the big four will go, whereas the programme guide suggests (kind of not really) it will be the person you least expect. Who to believe?

They didn't deliver on either.
I know John was featured in the promos, but he isn't who you'd think of as one of the "four big names" in a shock elimination.
A shock elimination would have been a Champion.
John wasn't a person you'd "least expect" either, being part of the Contender minority and not a big game player.

Let's be real Deliveroo doesn't have such a wide delivery area.

And in my experience with all of those food delivery services, if you don't have a mobile number so they can confirm, you're screwed. I ordered ubereats online once and it never came, because I hadn't entered a mobile number (which wasn't an essential field). Never mind that it happily took my money and address though.

I'm not sure who or why? To make it a tie? But why?

Luke voted Harry. No idea why as if he had just gone for John it would have avoided the 4-4 tie between John & Abbey.
Maybe a backup plan in the unlikely event Daisy played her idol for John, or is that crediting Luke with too much forethought?

i know luke has previous experience playing survivour, but the rest of the champions had as much experience playing survivors as the contenders = none. yet the champions have it all over the contenders like they've been playing the game for ages.

is this the result of them being champions? knowing how to navigate tricky situations and coming out on top? or maybe it's just bad casting with contenders?

Probably my favourite episode of the season so far - sadly the Contenders couldn't pull it off but really Daisy had no choice but to play it for herself.Her issue was both Luke and Pia finding her - Pia was clearly sticking to Luke to prevent him going rogue and had he alone found it there could have been leverage, and similarly with Pia too. Luke may have flipped to get Abbie or Janine out if Pia hadn't known about it.

I'm assuming its a nudge to his old tribal habits in his previous series, where he'd wear the clothes of the previously eliminated contestants (example; Henrey's flamingo shirt and Sarah's flannel) he's wearing a sarong as a mention to David.
Never noticed that before but guess it explains why John told him his speedos were on the fire back at the camp and mentioned something about wearing them at tribal.

Here's hoping Ten don't ruin next weeks eliminees in their promos. I guess we're also due one more non-elimination episode which I would expect to fall next week. In hindsight a shame they didn't begin jury by sending the first two jurors to Exile Beach to battle it out to return.

In hindsight a shame they didn't begin jury by sending the first two jurors to Exile Beach to battle it out to return.
I'm glad there is no Exile/Redemption Island. I don't think my nerves could take finally seeing David voted out, only for him to return and possibly win it all.

This is actually very smart advice when you think about it. If Daisy had the nerve she should have played the idol for Harry or John because the Champions didn't have the numbers to split the votes. Then a Champion would have gone home. It was a waste of an idol really. It could have changed the game.

If you can't read tweets it says:

This is a good time for my "wearing an idol" formula
If your opponents have the numbers to split, 100% play it on yourself
If your opponents don't have the numbers to split, 100% play it on someone else
I created this principle for Russell but it works here too

Reactions: Lyf
According to Baden, Daisy actually found the idol whilst Abbey, Janine, Harry, and Simon were at the reward having Chinese thanks to deliveroooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Back