Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Might not even bother watching this week until the elimination. The preview for the week “accidentally” showed which 3 contestants cook off in the immunity....

So many things wrong with this show - no Derek, no Ben, Tim is still there, Tessa and Anushka are the pets of the judges, George's table manners still leave a lot to be desired etc.

I'm really missing Derek.

Things the judges were thinking, regardless of what they said :
"There's no need to taste Simon's dish."
"Oh shit! Simon's is really good, we were hoping it would be crap because we already decided Tessa would win'"
"How can we spin this so we can pretend Simon or Tim were in with a chance? Oh yes, Tessa just edged them out, it was so close, a hard decision, that's it."
"Only two boys left, their days are numbered."

And Tessa was "confident" Of course she was, she knew the outcome as well as we did.

I'd say I'm in the minority here when I say Derek wasn't amongst my top 3-5, and that I am backing Tessa as my favourite to win with Anushka and Larissa not far behind.

Am I the only one on here who hates Tessa and her smugness?

Nope. Well I don't "hate" her, but as a reality tv contestant I dislike what we have seen of her personality. she seems very smug and arrogant, and not humble or friendly at all.

No surprise at all that three of the four who are safe are all of the young blonde favourites, but the other two at least seem pleasant.

I'd say I'm in the minority here when I say Derek wasn't amongst my top 3-5, and that I am backing Tessa as my favourite to win with Anushka and Larissa not far behind.

Polar opposites then, Larissa is another one I find arrogant and over-confident.
I guess if you look at it as 100% a cooking show then it doesn't matter what their personalities are like, but Masterchef is packaged in such a way that you are supposed to have favourites and cheer on the people you enjoy watching.

Polar opposites then, Larissa is another one I find arrogant and over-confident.
I guess if you look at it as 100% a cooking show then it doesn't matter what their personalities are like, but Masterchef is packaged in such a way that you are supposed to have favourites and cheer on the people you enjoy watching.
Yes, I find she has a certain smugness about her, too!

Tessa "very confident" tonight, but it backfired.

At one stage the subtitles labelled Nicole's dish as something something "Emporer", but they changed the spelling by the next time they showed it.

Team challenge thing tonight, here's hoping the bottom team in the next elimination consist of Tim and Tessa

Back