Skip to main content

Eurovision 2019

Yeah. I realise that. Was just being tongue in cheek.
It just tickles me the usage of the word"invited" to explain our participation in the event.

Sorry didn't realise. People keep making the same ' Why is Australia in Eurovision?' comments every year on social media so thought you were being serious.

Sorry didn't realise. People keep making the same ' Why is Australia in Eurovision?' comments every year on social media so thought you were being serious.
No worries. Hard to always get context in text.
Social media devotees do tend to be very literal in their thoughts I agree.
I liken it to text flatulence.

Not a Eurovision song yes, but that's great as most Eurovision songs aren't that good. This is decent, the music above the normal Eurovision standard. Reminds me of a Mozart Magic Flute aria at times.

I have seen Kate Miller-Heidke live before. She has a really great voice and seems super nice. I hope she does really well in this. She isn't really a pop star but more of a singer-songwriter.

Oh shit I just realised I will be working the election and will have to watch Eurovision on delay

Some people think this will make Top 5 because of staging changes.

Still think it is a 6-7/10 at best in my opinion. Sounds like 3 different songs in one and that is not my style.

Reactions: kxk
Australia has climbed to 6th in the betting odds after the jury voting round. Imagine if the song was any good how much higher it would be. Usually people buy the glitz and staging.

Australia is 3rd in the betting odds today surprisingly.

Watched Semi Final 1 today and have a few thoughts about it:
Cyprus - Amazing. Probably my favourite performance of the night.

Overall this semi final was not good at all.

OMG I just happened to wake up about 5.30???
And just before Aussie performance,,,,,kind of spooky like I have Eurovision magnetic something:)

And I saw some others and the package of little clips

I thought there were some interesting contenders, quite liked whoever that was with the combo of Mr Raspy headbanger voice and then sweetly sweet female, she was aweseome

Kate performed well, liked it way better than that dumb lit up thing she did before, her odd song does highlight her unusual range

I have seen live pole people doing that stuff, they do it every summer along Southbank, looks cool and difficult

OMG I just happened to wake up about 5.30???
And just before Aussie performance,,,,,kind of spooky like I have Eurovision magnetic something:)

And I saw some others and the package of little clips

I thought there were some interesting contenders, quite liked whoever that was with the combo of Mr Raspy headbanger voice and then sweetly sweet female, she was aweseome

Kate performed well, liked it way better than that dumb lit up thing she did before, her odd song does highlight her unusual range

I have seen live pole people doing that stuff, they do it every summer along Southbank, looks cool and difficult

Dare I say it - Kate's staging is about 5x better than last time but her vocals are about 3x worse than last time in my opinion. I thought she sounded like that she was singing with a cold during parts of the song.

I was hoping for something that would take my breath away and which felt like a winner in this semi final but I didn't get that feeling.

best (in no particular order) for me

Cyprus
Finland
Australia
Belarus
Greece
Belgium
Serbia

only two didn't qualify from that, which is way better than normal for me, biggest injustice Finland.

Back