Skip to main content

Speculation: Big Brother Australia in 2019?

Well those last couple of pages were a waste of the internet.

Back to speculation and probably bad news for Big Brother that the leaner and earlier I'm a Celeb has held up well for 10, so seems much more secure in the schedules than it did after the last series. Obviously the next few weeks are key for Ten with Sunday Night Takeaway, Dancing with the Stars and Changing Rooms airing ahead MKR and MAFS, but even if they fail I don't see it as a slot Big Brother could slip into.

Don't feed the simpleton... There is literally nothing in anything that they've posted that is even remotely hinting at BB returning...

Hmmmm, maybe you are right about that. Though I didn't think Ben knew anything, was just trying to work out that poster's logic whilst also being welcoming to them. Because it's never healthy when a forum becomes cliquey.

Well those last couple of pages were a waste of the internet.

Back to speculation and probably bad news for Big Brother that the leaner and earlier I'm a Celeb has held up well for 10, so seems much more secure in the schedules than it did after the last series. Obviously the next few weeks are key for Ten with Sunday Night Takeaway, Dancing with the Stars and Changing Rooms airing ahead MKR and MAFS, but even if they fail I don't see it as a slot Big Brother could slip into.

I can't see how Dancing with the Stars will fail, it's supposed to be the greatest television show of all time.

Maybe Ten could put Big Brother on their new streaming channel?

Hmmmm, maybe you are right about that. Though I didn't think Ben knew anything, was just trying to work out that poster's logic whilst also being welcoming to them. Because it's never healthy when a forum becomes cliquey.

I can't see how Dancing with the Stars will fail, it's supposed to be the greatest television show of all time.

Maybe Ten could put Big Brother on their new streaming channel?

I never said you should exclude them or that you couldn’t be nice... All I told you was not to encourage their completely made up bullshit...

I’m actually an old member under a new id I just couldn’t remember my old one or the email I signed up with. I see Kingston’s still a grumpy bastard who finds belittling people something that makes him feel important in some way

I’m actually an old member under a new id I just couldn’t remember my old one or the email I signed up with. I see Kingston’s still a grumpy bastard who finds belittling people something that makes him feel important in some way

Welcome back.

Please don’t pretend you know anything about me...

So I'm a Celebrity is confirmed as returning for next year. Think that rules out the slim chance Big Brother might have had of being revived on Ten.

So I'm a Celebrity is confirmed as returning for next year. Think that rules out the slim chance Big Brother might have had of being revived on Ten.

Chances were razor thin to begin with... I can’t imagine anyone with more than a handful of connected brain cells believed otherwise...

Absolutely, but realistically the only slot going to open up on 7, 9 or 10 would have been Q1 on Ten had I'm a Celeb got to the point of no return and their strategy of actually airing different programmes every night didn't worked, or possibly Q4 on Seven where they haven't got a major ratings banker, though presumably they'll stick the resurrected Australia's Got Talent on air in the slot The X Factor used to have.

As things stand there doesn't seem to be an opening on any commercial channel in the near future for a show such as Big Brother, and to be honest for the sake of Big Brother Australia that's probably not a bad thing - the ghost of Channel 9 still looms IMO and even though it's been 5 years it still doesn't feel like quite long enough to get past it.

Absolutely, but realistically the only slot going to open up on 7, 9 or 10 would have been Q1 on Ten had I'm a Celeb got to the point of no return and their strategy of actually airing different programmes every night didn't worked, or possibly Q4 on Seven where they haven't got a major ratings banker, though presumably they'll stick the resurrected Australia's Got Talent on air in the slot The X Factor used to have.

As things stand there doesn't seem to be an opening on any commercial channel in the near future for a show such as Big Brother, and to be honest for the sake of Big Brother Australia that's probably not a bad thing - the ghost of Channel 9 still looms IMO and even though it's been 5 years it still doesn't feel like quite long enough to get past it.

As I said before the chances of anything happening were razor thin... Outside of the odd rumbling there's been little talk if any of a legit BBAU revival... And there's nothing saying 10 would jump on the opportunity if IACGMOOH fizzled out... All that has been nothing but wishful thinking by fans...

IMO it's going to take something really special to relaunch BBAU if they ever do... A new format seems like a decent way to relaunch and wipe the slate clean... Despite push back from Channel 5 the 2018 team behind BBUK did an amazing job giving us a series that felt like a return to it's roots while still pushing the format forward... I feel like with the right team behind it BBAU could move beyond the black cloud left by Channel 9...

Because it's still a show they sell... End of... A fucking kinder-gardener could tell you that...

But an unkind gardener? Well, they would smack you with a shovel before they admit that!

On topic though, I think the whole CBS merger (along with the launch of the streaming platform) suggests to me (as has been suggested by many - including Kingston and Timmy?) that a BB revival would likely be the US format. Which, I'm not totally against, and I think could work in Australia, seeing how Survivor has been so warmly embraced both by fans of the US series and those in Aus who were new to the franchise.

But an unkind gardener? Well, they would smack you with a shovel before they admit that!

On topic though, I think the whole CBS merger (along with the launch of the streaming platform) suggests to me (as has been suggested by many - including Kingston and Timmy?) that a BB revival would likely be the US format. Which, I'm not totally against, and I think could work in Australia, seeing how Survivor has been so warmly embraced both by fans of the US series and those in Aus who were new to the franchise.

I blame auto correct for that... I meant kindergartener...

Also just to make things clear I’m NOT saying that CBS owning Channel 10 would have anything to do with an Australian adaptation of the American BB format... IMO it’s just something I think would work well for an Australian audience...

How long can i'm a celebrity hang on for. Really enjoyed this season but they are running out of 'celebs' haha. They'll eventually need a replacement, but what reality series would it be.

How long can i'm a celebrity hang on for. Really enjoyed this season but they are running out of 'celebs' haha. They'll eventually need a replacement, but what reality series would it be.

The UK has had 18 seasons so far. There is always more D List Celebs that would want to go on a show such as this.

The UK has had 18 seasons so far. There is always more D List Celebs that would want to go on a show such as this.

Not to mention the 22 series BBUK has completed... There’s some overlaps there as well but you’re right... The list of z-list celebs is never ending... However like I said before there’s nothing saying that BB is even on the radar as a potential replacement... That is nothing but wishful thinking on our part...

Not a very reliable source but seeing as Grant Crapp may still be in contact with 9. Is it returning? Probably not.
52651152_2506062869620871_2341214890984734720_n.jpg

Back