Skip to main content

Eurovision 2019

To be fair no matter who won I can garuntee there would have been similar comments on thier twitter feed. That us how social media works... The most negative and positve thoughts get posted those in the majority who are not incredibly negative or positive say nothing.

I think the big mistake that was made was the voting lines opening earlier in the day. All the "bigger names" could have gained votes earlier in the day (like Kate). These acts would also not be judged on their performance but their popularity.

To be fair no matter who won I can garuntee there would have been similar comments on thier twitter feed. That us how social media works... The most negative and positve thoughts get posted those in the majority who are not incredibly negative or positive say nothing.
Abso-fucking-lutely.
Devised for the insecure who find strength in anonymity whilst seeking attention.

I thought it was the most Eurovision sounding song of the night. I've watched Eurovision since 2004. I even watched the weird Junior Eurovision 💩

Reactions: kxk
I thought it was the most Eurovision sounding song of the night. I've watched Eurovision since 2004. I even watched the weird Junior Eurovision 💩

Strange. I thought Electric Fields was the most Eurovision sounding song of the night. Wouldn't have even placed Kate in my Top 3 honestly.

Junior eurovision?
Thats a crime against humanity.
Kitsch shouldnt be a childs domain.
It only would open up derogatory comments which kids shouldnt suffer from or even understand.
For them it would be akin to a genuine singing talent show,
But maybe im an ol prude.

I think the big mistake that was made was the voting lines opening earlier in the day. All the "bigger names" could have gained votes earlier in the day (like Kate). These acts would also not be judged on their performance but their popularity.
The songs were on the website all day

The songs were on the website all day

Listening to a recording and listening to it live are 2 different things... Pretty sure most people would not go onto the website and listen to Electric Fields performance prior to the show.

You are the expert here. The public are monsters

Well, Twitter agrees with me. Bad choice. Won't even make the Grand Final.

Did @Affable approve that? I don't think so

giphy.gif

Listening to a recording and listening to it live are 2 different things... Pretty sure most people would not go onto the website and listen to Electric Fields performance prior to the show.

Well, Twitter agrees with me. Bad choice. Won't even make the Grand Final.

I wouldn't go by anything written on Twitter. Facebook and Twitter have all the negative people. Plus most people will be hearing the song on semi final night in May, so people on Twitter who are in the minority of voters don't really matter.

Probably fair cos i dont recall Australia joining the EU.

You don't have to be in the EU to participate. The name Eurovision refers to the European Broadcasting Union which runs the show.

SBS is an associate member of the European Broadcasting Union so is allowed to participate by invitation. Also helps that outside of Europe Eurovision has the most popularity here.

You don't have to be in the EU to participate. The name Eurovision refers to the European Broadcasting Union which runs the show.

SBS is an associate member of the European Broadcasting Union so is allowed to participate by invitation. Also helps that outside of Europe Eurovision has the most popularity here.
Yeah. I realise that. Was just being tongue in cheek.
It just tickles me the usage of the word"invited" to explain our participation in the event.

Back