Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

😭😭😭😭😭

Oh that is so terrible to hear. I'm so sorry. Of course sending all my good vibes and well wishes to Oli, Nana and Billy. Xxxxxxx

🙁 I am really sorry to hear all of this. It is heartbreaking. 😔

It’s definitely been an emotional time.

Thanks Lucas. Xo
I don't pray but I shall send warm thoughts and well wishes their way xx Hope you are looking after yourself too. that sounds like a lot to have on.

My job at the moment is looking after them. If they’re okay, I am okay. Thanks Isee.
🌿🌷
Best wishes to all of them. <3 Take care, Lalas xo

Thanks Timmy. You’re one good fucking egg. Xo 😘

Shout out to the prayers, Oli and Olis Nan need them ASAP. Oh and say a word for Bill too. Xo
I’m one of “them”. I’ll get onto it straight away. And while I’m at it, I’ll throw in one for you.
👋🏻😇🙏🏻

Hello OT’ers

Hope this post finds you all living your best life!

My little family is okay. Sadly little Oliver’s blood clot hasn’t quite gone, while it is smaller, it is still dangerous if it breaks. He is now on his second six week clexane treatment which means injections twice weekly. His Nana (mums mum) has just been diagnosed with breast ca which has infiltrated some lymph nodes. She is having a lumpectomy tomorrow. Breaks my heart for my daughter in law.

My poor old Billy is on his last legs 😭😭😭 He can no longer go for walks and needs to be carried up and down the stairs. He still has quality of life, so that is a great thing.

Shout out to the prayers, Oli and Olis Nan need them ASAP. Oh and say a word for Bill too. Xo
Done. Little O is having a rough trot so early in life but he'll be alright...eventually. Not nice re his Nana. I hope she is comfortable and all goes well tomorrow. Billy will always know that he's in good hands and for a bit of lightness in the carrying department, just as well he's not a huge dog. Hugs to you and those who are dealing with the crappy side of being.

So this happened across the road from my place last night. A bunch of people of limited means who lived in the rooftop shacks up there just lost everything. Fortunately I am told everyone made it out ok. The fire tore right across the rooftop before fire crews arrived. There's literally nothing left up there. Devastating even just to witness this. I used to watch the kids climb onto their roofs and hang washing out up there, so despite not knowing any of them personally I feel it: they are my neighbours.

(my place is a few doors left of the photo so I was not in any danger)

The Red Cross were there this morning so I hope they are getting assistance.

Untitled-1.jpg

So this happened across the road from my place last night. A bunch of people of limited means who lived in the rooftop shacks up there just lost everything. Fortunately I am told everyone made it out ok. The fire tore right across the rooftop before fire crews arrived. There's literally nothing left up there. Devastating even just to witness this. I used to watch the kids climb onto their roofs and hang washing out up there, so despite not knowing any of them personally I feel it: they are my neighbours.

(my place is a few doors left of the photo so I was not in any danger)

The Red Cross were there this morning so I hope they are getting assistance.

View attachment 54451
WOW! How awful. Fire and flood are not to be messed with. Glad that while their lodgings and belongings are gone, lives are safe. As are you. On a lighter note, the amount of power lines always freaks me out.

WOW! How awful. Fire and flood are not to be messed with. Glad that while their lodgings and belongings are gone, lives are safe. As are you. On a lighter note, the amount of power lines always freaks me out.

Most of the cables in the streets are pay TV and fibre internet. They're just strung up very haphazardly, but the providers have apparently been ordered to put them underground so this is (slowly) starting to happen. Will look like a different city once it's done. The advantage of the crappy overhead system was demonstrated when I went to my ISP's office to order a fibre connection. The techs arrived THREE HOURS later, and had strung up fibre to my place an hour after that. Fastest installation I have ever had, and FTTP at that!

As for the fire, it was - unsurprisingly - caused by crappy electrical wiring. Everybody got out so the only good news is that there were no fatalities.

I wish I had something I could give the people, hmmm... I have a doona cover and a couple of pillows I can spare and maybe a couple of tshirts. I'm living a pretty lean life myself over here so I don't have any cash to spare, unfortunately.

Why does that not surprise me re the wiring. Well done on the connection. As for giving and donating, do what you feel you can do. They will know that you are caring about them.

Why does that not surprise me re the wiring. Well done on the connection. As for giving and donating, do what you feel you can do. They will know that you are caring about them.
I'm not sure if the stairwell is locked, but if I can get up the stairs I'll take up my tarp and give it to anyone up there who wants it. And I'll see if they want the bedding. Shelter would be their number one priority. The Red Cross gave the families some food and some cash (about US $160 per family).

Meanwhile at the pagoda... many of the cats that lived there have slowly been disappearing over the last few months. Not just wandering off but actually disappearing. I can name at least eight cats who all lived there - many of whom I had got desexed - that have disappeared without trace. Most recently "Ringo" which the former monk had adopted as his own has disappeared. And Blackie, the gentle boy who would look out for the kittens has gone as well. It's pretty devastating. The horrible part is they have probably been taken for cat meat. And as appalling as that is, it makes sense as they are all big fat cats from being well fed and cared for, and they all trust people because of me and my pagoda sidekicks.

In addition to the eight above, three out of four that got rehomed from another pagoda disappeared - although it's possible the strayed because they were in unfamiliar surrounds. And all the kittens that have been dumped in the past few months all disappeared in very short order.

People are horrible sometimes. Makes me sick :(

Meanwhile at the pagoda... many of the cats that lived there have slowly been disappearing over the last few months. Not just wandering off but actually disappearing. I can name at least eight cats who all lived there - many of whom I had got desexed - that have disappeared without trace. Most recently "Ringo" which the former monk had adopted as his own has disappeared. And Blackie, the gentle boy who would look out for the kittens has gone as well. It's pretty devastating. The horrible part is they have probably been taken for cat meat. And as appalling as that is, it makes sense as they are all big fat cats from being well fed and cared for, and they all trust people because of me and my pagoda sidekicks.

In addition to the eight above, three out of four that got rehomed from another pagoda disappeared - although it's possible the strayed because they were in unfamiliar surrounds. And all the kittens that have been dumped in the past few months all disappeared in very short order.

😭😭😭😭😭

Oh, that's horrible. You're probably right though.

Heeeeeellllooooooo

is there anybody in here?

Ya?

I need some opinions & I know there are always a ton of differing views round this place.

So, my lil miss is a month away from turning 14 & she is slim built (like me) and my mother & her other grandma (technically an aunty, but the kids call her grandma) have really ramped up these past few months on what she does & does not eat. I've told my own mother off, to leave her alone, she is fine etc etc . This is a text from my mother...………… " She hasn't had anything to eat all day and has only had two mouthfuls of fluid. I just worry she'll collapse one day and end up in hospital on a drip. Just letting you know but don't tell her I texted you or she'll be mad at me"...…….. She sent this at 12.20pm, hardly even lunch time!!!!

The other one is sneeking extra food onto her plate & forcing her to eat big breakfast. My lil miss won't let me sort this g'ma out at this stage. We did agree that I'd tell the grandma that she had eaten breaky already (even though I know that's a lie)

So what I want to know is, how many here actually eat breakfast?? and how many parents would force breakfast into their teenagers?

I grew up with warped views (my mothers issues) and I swore I wouldn't do that to my kids. Now I guess I'm 2nd guessing what the fuck is normal & what isn't. When I talk with my miss (and her lil bro too, cos I know they are messing with his image too) I just say it's pretty simple, eat when you are hungry and don't eat when you are not. You are perfectly fine & exactly how you're meant to be. We know you best & we aren't concerened (we meaning me & her dad).

Help me y'all....................:kiss:

Hello :)

Obviously I'm no expert on parenting and there are others who could give you proper advice, but what I'd say is... you're a good mum and your kids know that. Just keep the lines of communication open and they'll know they can come to you with any problems. Until that happens I'd assume they don't have eating disorders or anything, and are just learning what's right for them.

What Meglos said. However maybe keep a bit of a watch with an open eye to check that there isn’t an eating disorder. If you still think all is ok, then go with your gut. I rarely eat breakfast but must admit I feel better when I do. My husband eats neither breakfast nor lunch.

I agree with Meglos and qtkt. My niece will be 14 at the end of November and is slim too and tall. She is a very picky eater and Mum and I are very careful with what we say in regards to her eating habits and associated potential eating disorders. I don't think she has any but in this day and age with influences from inappropriate 'role models', who knows what goes on in their heads, male and female.
Mum found out the hard way from my sister.
I don't breakfast at a 'regular' breakfast time for various reasons. However, I do eat it when I am on a regular timetable, whether that be toast or cereal/porridge and occasionally, a breakfast out. Quite often my breakfast is your lunch as I eat my evening meal after 11pm.

Back