Skip to main content

Doctor Who

As for the season as a whole.. I'm not "not" feeling it, I just think it's a bit average. Jodie is excellent, the new companions (especial;ly Graham) are excellent, the special effects are showing where the money is being spent... but the scripts are not as exciting or involving as they could be.
Hopefully now the Chibnall episodes are over, someone else will have written something amazing.

3 was the Rosa Parks episode which was excellent, maybe you missed that?
Spiders was 4, monument was 5, and 6 is tomorrow.

And that is how unenthusiastic I am, I don't even get the episodes in the right order.......the Rosa Parks ep might convince me, sounds good

And @reepbot, I haven't watched enough to even consider why I am not invested......and I need to give it a good go, and I haven't
A new job has been taking more of my time and thoughts

As for the season as a whole.. I'm not "not" feeling it, I just think it's a bit average. Jodie is excellent, the new companions (especial;ly Graham) are excellent, the special effects are showing where the money is being spent... but the scripts are not as exciting or involving as they could be.
Hopefully now the Chibnall episodes are over, someone else will have written something amazing.

And that is how unenthusiastic I am, I don't even get the episodes in the right order.......the Rosa Parks ep might convince me, sounds good

And @reepbot, I haven't watched enough to even consider why I am not invested......and I need to give it a good go, and I haven't
A new job has been taking more of my time and thoughts

It only took me five minutes to work out it was the writing that wasn't up to standard. The performances so far have been good.

...I can see where you are all coming from with this... I think that when 'The Chibs' ended up 'inheriting' the job as the Whovian head honcho that because he might have been under immense pressure to do better than 'The Moff' that he may have been a tad bit worried about setting up the brand new version of the Whovian Universe and had written ALL of the episodes up until now just to establish the new Doctor and her companions as he wants them all to pan out to be just so that he gets it all right and working for other writers just so as not to stuff up his initial setup of how it is now... okay... he's done that now... there have been fantastic episodes and perhaps a couple that aren't... so be it... it's time for other writers to have their turns now starting with this week hopefully...

...the new special effects are equal to any Movie nowadays so it's all credit to all that are involved with them that's for sure... I love the new Doctor that Jodie has given us... I love the new companions too... especially Graham... lol!... I can see how The Chibs would be guarded about his new Whovian Universe but it's other scriptwriters turns now... hopefully The Chibs' teething problems are over... yes we get it now Chibs... the big question now is... are the rest of the writers going to be up to the excellence that we expect with our beloved show?... either way I'm just happy that The Moff is no longer running the show... I've still never forgiven him for these abominations...

...that's why I'm giving The Chibs a wide berth in regards to these first few initial 'set-up' episodes... the success of Dr Who really does depend more on what the other new writers of the show present to now us methinks... I'm just hoping that they do us and the show proud because the last thing that I ever want to have to say are the words "It was better when 'The Moff' was running the show!"... I'd have to get a Dalek to exterminate me before I allowed that to happen methinks!... great comments by the way everyone... cheers.

Didn’t care too much for Demons of the Punjab. They tried to invoke emotion, but I didn’t find the performances of the supporting cast very believable. It’s a shame - I liked the concept. Poorly executed...

I thought it was pretty good, probably behind Rosa and ahead of the spider one as the top three so far.

Oh that's sad.
Lunatic fan response: " OMG Chibnall HATES XMAS!!"!

More balanced response with one negative and one positive :
* It breaks a tradition, and it's always something to look forward to
* It's only an extra week to wait, and it won't have to be tied down to being Christmas-themed

Well he hates good dialogue so it wouldn't be that far fetched to think he'd hate one of the happiest days of the year.

Oh that's sad.
Lunatic fan response: " OMG Chibnall HATES XMAS!!"!

More balanced response with one negative and one positive :
* It breaks a tradition, and it's always something to look forward to
* It's only an extra week to wait, and it won't have to be tied down to being Christmas-themed

I’m kind of glad they can now drop Christmas from the story. Though I guess people in the UK might enjoy that element more actually seeing it on Christmas Day. On Boxing Day it’s a bit like eating the leftovers.

46215528_1972681556153011_7283938296890130432_n.jpg

...Demons of the Punjab:... "and for Yas... my most favourite granddaughter........"... not a nice thing to say in front of the others methinks!... why would she do that?... moving on... is it just me or did anyone else think that it was a tad bit 'stalkerish' for Yas wanting to go back in Time to spy on her Grandmother when she was younger just because she chose not to talk about personal things that happened to her way back then?... why did Yas HAVE to know what her Grandmother did and thought was too private to reveal about herself when she was younger?... it just seems like a flimsy reason for The Doctor to take Yas back in Time just to satisfy her curious whimsy to me that's all... her Grandmother was obviously thinking 'what happens in the Punjab STAYS in the Punjab'... (they're called 'family secrets')...

..."I have apologised for the Death-eyed Turtle Army!" says The Doctor lol!... (I think that's what Jodie said)... brilliant!... why don't they show us that episode?... lol!... just off on a different tangent for a brief second... I'm just a tad bit curious... if you were a Pakistani and were just wandering around aimlessly on the top of Mountain in Pakistan and just happened upon an English Police Box... what the hell would be going though your mind right then?... lol!...

...they hitched a ride on that cart and went quite a few Kilometres from The Tardis I imagine... that's a long walk back for them later on isn't it?... so... they're listening to that Radio broadcast but they would surely need electricity to run that model wouldn't they?... um... they're living in a shack aren't they?... where is the electricity coming from?... curious... very curious indeed lol!...

...well... his brother was a bit of prick with putting her shack on the wrong side of the border wasn't he?... if I was the Grandmother I would've just told everyone there to each grab a corner of the shack... lift it altogether and just move it to the other side of the border and just plonk it down to it's new location just to shit him off... I would've then kicked his brother in the nuts and just said "cop that smart-arse!"... lol!...

...I like the way that those 'Demons' zap in and out of their dimension that they're from... yet again... kudos to the special effects team for that... Prem is way too tolerant on what his brother just did and he should have done something about him in my mind... afterall... he just basically slapped down his future wife with that stunt... it's not going to end well for one of these two methinks!...

...the 'Thijarians'? costumes remind me of Angelina Jolie's costume from 'Maleficent' for some reason lol!... the horn part?... the lapel part?...

...Jodie's Sonic Screwdriver sure is more 'glowy' and 'torchy' than past versions of it isn't it?... she was almost using it as a torch in the 'Demons lair' wasn't she?... when he found his brothers dead body on the battlefield that sure would be an awful prospect wouldn't it?... and sad... I do have to say that when they're putting in 'Historical' related episodes like this that I am actually liking it because it sends me back to the original series with their dabbles with Historical characters and subjects... the way they're intermingling the Historical storylines into it is great...

...I'm loving Jodie's facial expressions and reactions when things go wrong lol!... again... they sometimes remind of David Tennant's mannerisms which I love...

..."I need Oil/Water/Tree Bark... a saucepan... nine containers an old newspaper... a touch of Ox spit... a Chicken Poo and a biscuit!" says Jodie...

..."bagsy not the Chicken Poo!" says Ryan...

..."and why a biscuit?" asks Graham...

..."I love biscuits!" replies Jodie...

...bwahahaha!... brilliant!... lol!...

...something that keeps niggling away at me is the fact that Yas and The Doctor plus the others are playing such an important part in her Grandmothers life at that early age yet her Grandmother seems to forget that Yas was there at all?... surely her Grandmother cannot forget that Yas was there way back then?... hmmmmmmmmm!... curious once again... haha!... apparently the Ox that Graham had to get the spit from 'took a shine' to him lol!... so The Doctor officiated at Einstein's wedding from the sounds of it... funny as!... seriously though... Prem needs to punch his little brother Manish out about rabbiting on about his future wife the way that he does... the little twerp...

...I'm liking all of the subtle (and sometimes quite loud) Indian background music in this episode... it really does put you in Pakistan doesn't it?... kudo's to the Production team and the Music team for that too from me... seriously... Manish needs to go... he is so annoying me now... so Manish did kill the Holy man afterall eh?... that boy really DOES need to go... oh dear... Prem is about to die by the looks of it... all because of his stupid little brother objecting to the two castes marrying eh?... how could a man be the cause of his own brothers death just because of a misguided useless 'cause'?... yeah well done Manish... you killed your brother... well done old son... what a little shit... that was sad to see happen...

...so the 'Demons' are there to honour the fallen and not be the cause of peoples deaths... I like that twist in the storyline... again... why is it that the Grandmother doesn't remember Yas and everyone else's part in her early life... that still has me wondering?... or have I missed something in the storyline?... but a nice episode... I really enjoyed it... the actor that played Manish's part did his job well in annoying the shit out of me though lol!... but yes... a good episode for me... cheers.

...and... to be quite honest I don't mind that 'The Chibs' is foregoing the obligatory Christmas episode at last... lets face it... there are only ever going to be a certain amount of Christmassy type of episodes until there's a slight chance that the Christmas episodes will start to repeat the same type of themes aren't there?... I would much prefer an independent episode free of Santa Clause or whatever... that concept has been done to death in my opinion so well done The Chibs for that decision... besides... we only have to wait an extra week or whatever to see our final bonus episode anyway so what's the big deal?... at least he's still doing that final bonus episode so people should be grateful rather than complain about it methinks!... it's better than no episode at all isn't it?... well that's my two cents worth anyway... cheers.

The last three Christmas Specials weren't that Christmassy.

...I thought the same reepbot my friend... as someone mentioned before... I think that Moffatt was afraid to break the tradition of a Christmas episode because of a possible backlash because I think that in the UK that people had the episode marked as a 'must watch' show at Christmas methinks!... I reckon good on The Chibs for having the balls to do it and to break with tradition at last... it's about time to be honest... not everyone goes out and celebrates New Years Eve so being that I'm one of them I'm quite happy to watch it to bring in the new year... it's a great idea for that reason alone for me lol!... cheers.

Back