Skip to main content

Speculation: Big Brother Australia in 2019?

When Mike talks about Alex as EP, he's meaning Friday Night Live specifically. FNL was Alex's baby well before he took on the main BB EP role during the CH9 run (which makes you wonder why 9's Showdown was so crap then... that one has to 100% be 9's fault)

I wasn't aware of it either, TBH! That's not something I'd ever say. Be critical, not hurtful (not that a cancer diagnosis is anything to be critical about).

Let's not forget also that the house door between the lounge room and backyard was made solid for 2013 and 2014, which prevented any natural light from getting inside. How convenient for the editing room looking for a faux storyline :rolleyes:. The ability to witness house happenings in the same order as they really happen and with contextual details intact (like the time of day) that can be cut from edited highlights is one of the reasons why the live stream (and not just a twitter feed!) is so important.

Yeah I still remember the editing was awful in the final series on Nine. It would go from night time to day time and then back to night time. I mean how hard is it to show things in a chronological order and with time stamps like BB UK does and like our BB used to when it was on Ten?

If it's coming back to Channel 10..........they should ask Gretel to host it.
I'd certainly watch a 2019 Big Brother reboot, in the hope that they'd cast actually interesting and quirky people, not just the typical commercial TV fodder .

And definitely Big Brother Up Late, hosted by Mike Goldman, and a Friday Night Games thing too.

I'd certainly watch a 2019 Big Brother reboot, in the hope that they'd cast actually interesting and quirky people, not just the typical commercial TV fodder .
Gretel will never touch Big Brother again. The 2007 Finale was the straw that broke the camel's back, I would resign if I had to host that shitshow too tbh.

Gretel will never touch Big Brother again. The 2007 Finale was the straw that broke the camel's back, I would resign if I had to host that shitshow too tbh.
You could see how furious she was in that final. She was one of the best things about 10's integration of BB. Brutally honest, no housemate could pull a fast one on her.

The 2007 Finale was the straw that broke the camel's back, I would resign if I had to host that shitshow too
Haha I had forgotten and just scanned through it on Youtube. Did Legion Interactive have a meltdown? There was like 30 or more mins of desperate padding while they waited for a result, how embarrassing.

It wouldn't have been a problem if he wasn't trying to wind her up every single day.

And definitely Big Brother Up Late, hosted by Mike Goldman, and a Friday Night Games thing too.

As others have said Gretel would NEVER return to BB as a full time presenter... They may be able to convince her to make a cameo appearance but beyond that it’s pretty clear she’s moved on without regrets...

As for Mike... He needs BB more than BB needs him... IMO that’s not really a good thing... I really think it’s time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh if the show is revived for a third incarnation...

As for spin-off shows we’ll have to see... I don’t think BB Up Late needs a host of it’s done right... As for FNL I don’t think it added enough to the format to really warrant a return... That said elements of it could easily be worked in to the regular show... As spin-off shows if they are going to produce one I’d much rather it be something like BBOTS or Big Mouth than a cheesy gameshow...

Gretel was on Sunrise this morning (as she often is as part of Kochie's Angels), She hardly ever talks about Big Brother, but this time she was quite open about it, saying she really had to be talked into hosting it as she was convinced they wouldn't want a 37 year old woman hosting her own show.

You could see how furious she was in that final. She was one of the best things about 10's integration of BB. Brutally honest, no housemate could pull a fast one on her.
She actually had a personality and wasn't just a robot they could use to sell ads, when they tried to make her sell ads she was always obviously taking the piss, love her
Haha I had forgotten and just scanned through it on Youtube. Did Legion Interactive have a meltdown? There was like 30 or more mins of desperate padding while they waited for a result, how embarrassing.
oUr CompUTErs HaVE BroKeN doWN we HAVE To cOuNT tHE VOtES bY HaNdS!! and then she got smacked over the head by Bodie's cock.. I mean rubber chicken 👀

You guys are a bunch of BITCHES.

And I'm a prick. 💅

Bree has a fair point, but Mike is coming off as a ranty old loon swigging beers on his front porch. Not our fault if you're leaking secrets henny.

...well at least we know now for sure that the makers of Big Brother have actually read some of our comments in the past when they've gone into 'damage mode' due to something that Mike might have said before now... it's just a shame that they didn't listen to our feedbacks and take note of them... if they did it would've probably still been running today... sometimes the harshest critics come from the most avid fans... listening to what the fans wanted and changing some things that they suggested could have possibly been their lifeboats to saving the show at the time methinks!... so... me calling Alex a tosser all of those times could have possibly been read by him or his honchos eh?... cool!... cheers.

...well at least we know now for sure that the makers of Big Brother have actually read some of our comments in the past when they've gone into 'damage mode' due to something that Mike might have said before now... it's just a shame that they didn't listen to our feedbacks and take note of them... if they did it would've probably still been running today... sometimes the harshest critics come from the most avid fans... listening to what the fans wanted and changing some things that they suggested could have possibly been their lifeboats to saving the show at the time methinks!... so... me calling Alex a tosser all of those times could have possibly been read by him or his honchos eh?... cool!... cheers.

We’ve actually known for years The the BB production team read BBBA... In fact they loved the site so much they were successful in shutting the site down for several months in 2004...

We’ve actually known for years The the BB production team read BBBA... In fact they loved the site so much they were successful in shutting the site down for several months in 2004...

...oh wow!... I didn't know that Kingston... thanks for telling me... (I joined in 2012)... so they can't take 'constructive criticism' then?... that amazes me that they were able to achieve that... the mongrels!... no wonder that the site is so dear to Tim's heart then... go Tim you legend you... cheers.

Back